Wednesday, January 11, 2012

When One Door Closes... Another One Opens...

Happy Wednesday before our first real snow day! Yup, seems we are FINALLY going to get a real snow fall tomorrow....Hard to believe when it's 50 here today.....

Anyway...no pictures today...I've been a bit MIA.... trying to process things that have happened in my business this last week... I won't go into deals, though I would love to...... This is not how I do business... Being the bigger person is hard sometimes....SIGH!.... Toss in a double ear infection and a sinus infection and 2012 is off a a great start!!?!?!?!? AGAIN, when one door closes, another will open.... Good things come to those who wait....


Few lessons I have learned recently in my business...if it sounds to be good to be true? At some point it will be.... With that being said, I consider myself a ethical person. One who can play by the rules put in front of them, as long as they don't change daily....I also believe respect is a 2 way street. I have been in business for myself for 17 years now, I have loved it, learned a lot, changed my style etc....BUT, what I have NEVER had is the level.... lets call it "creative differences" or fear of saying anything for fear it will be taken the wrong way or blown way out proportion, and walking on egg shells... as I have had with the shop I WAS in.... I won't even say the name or where.... Though it was no secret.... YUP... the ever changing "creative differences"..... crossed a line for me. Though I shouldn't of been surprised by this... If I am counting right... I am the 12th renter/dealer to have "creative differences" in about 8 or 9 months....


So with that being said, I have moved out of the that shop today... I feel RELIEF! Tired of walking on egg shells... Excited on what I might do next.... I am going back to my "roots" and focus on my primitive creations... Thinking about finally starting a selling blog or a picture trail.... Many doors open, I just need to walk through them..... AND if anyone is interested... over the next couple days...or more... as I organize the vintage and antiques that I have brought home, I will have a blog sale... I can't keep it all...So I will pass them onto all my wonderful blogging friends, if you are interested... So I don't know when I will start... need to get my newest dolls done for Lemon Poppy Seeds first... So just keep a eye out for a new post...and thanks for letting me vent for just a bit. OLM

19 comments:

Sheila said...

Sorry to hear you've not been feeling well. Not a good way to start off the new year!
Your situation sounds like mine at the moment. I'm done at the shop I've been in for over two years, at the end of this month. Pretty much the same thing going on with me.
Trying to stay positive and hoping I can keep going. Not much of a market around my area.
Hang in there!
Sheila

A Primitive Homestead said...

By the title of your post your being positive shines. You are the bigger person. You are a talented creative free sprit. Keep on creating & being you. Good luck entering the new door. Blessings!
Lara

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

You must be so sick with both of those infections going at once. It's too bad you feel the need to leave the shop but if you think it's for the best then it is.
Get well soon and good luck which ever way you go to sell.

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Hope you are better soon! Good luck with your new ventures! ~*~Lisa

Angela said...

Sorry to hear you are physcially sick , but am glad you are now under less stress. Follow your heart and all will work out. Take care of yourself first. Can't wait to see what you have to sell.
Angela

Raspberry Lane Primitives said...

Sorry to hear you're sick Marie...Sometimes these shop owners think they can tell how to run your business. I had the same thing happen and left that shop after 6 months. Great things will happen for you!!
Best of luck.
patti

lilraggedyangie said...

Sorry you arent feeling well then have to deal with garbage ontop of it stinks ! You will succeed no matter where you go and Facebook prim business is being extra kind to me right now so keep that in the back of your mind and no fees to sell :0) Wish you the best no matter where you go cause Ill be following no matter what ...duh Im an OLM groupie remember lol Have a great day ! hugs lilraggedyangie

BumbleBeeLane said...

Sorry to hear but you know you are talanted enough to find a new places to sell your wares.Feel better sweetie.Hugs!~Amy

Mary said...

I hope you're feeling better Marie! I have had the same thing happen to me in my business and it hurts at first. But in the end it was for the better.
Keep on creating! Mary

Penny said...

Feel better soon, Marie!! I have had some kinda crud, too, and it just takes it out of you....

That previous shop owner can eat your dust... you are on to bigger and better things!! Good luck with whatever you decide to do -- I'm sure you will be successful....

Shirlee said...

I'm excited for you Marie & I'm looking forward to your sale! Blessings, Shirlee

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Gosh darn it all Marie...why do things like this have to happen!
I'd say this shop has a 'problem' to say the least. Glad you are able to move on from here.
I FOR ONE WOULD BE HAPPILY INTERESTED IN WHAT YOU HAVE TO OFFER.
Bless you dear lady - you have honesty and integrity written all over you so don't let this 'happening' change anything - it's brighter up ahead.

Hugs,
Karen

Beckyjean said...

Hi Marie~

Hopin you feel better soon. Maybe you need some chocolate chip cookies?? Too bad we're in for a snow storm....I'd bring you some of my cookies & then have a chance to check out your goodies before you post them for sale on your blog. Hehe!! I'm sure you'll be successful in whatever sales venue you choose.

Have a great day~Becky

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

If I've learned anything in this life, it's that we are all responsible for our own happiness. If you were uncomfortable there, I applaud you for moving on. There are always options! You are amazingly talented....
My thoughts and prayers are with you....

Constance said...

HI,
My New year started on much the same note. Your post is quite uplifting; you are so right about taking that new step. I wish you the very best and I'm gonna close my eyes, say a little prayer and see where the new door leads.
Brightest Blessings,
Sallie

Jean @ Prim Crafts said...

Hi OLM, Sorry you've been sick. Ive had this crud for 3 wks now and only wish it would stay cold enough to kill these viruses!
You are so right~ and if not a door then a window! Your prims are to die for and that shop owner must be stupid, excuss my bluntness. But then I have run into some myself. I have had very good luck with my selling booth at our local flea market. It's like having my own shop, but I don't have to be there to sell things. And I get to design the way I want. That might be an idea for you.
Hoping you get over the crud soon and new opportunities come your way!
Blessings,
Jean

frontporchprims said...

That's the great thing about art and creativity. There can be no differences (or at least there shouldn't be). Each to their own. Some people can make the most beautiful thing and there will people who will call it ugly and visa versa. It's all a matter of opinion. I am happy you can take controll of your own life and have a postive attitude. How refreshing. Take a deep breath and fill up. Can't wait to see what you have to offer and what the new year will bring. Good luck. -Steph-

TheCrankyCrow said...

So sorry to read this - both the illness and the shop s***. But that sense of "relief" is telling you something my friend....sometimes we know what we need to do/should do, but we need to be hit over the head with it to actually make the change or have the change forced on us....it can be difficult and heart-wrenching at the time of happening, but eventually we go...yeah, duh....should have happened long ago. All I can say is, their loss. And hopefully, our gain.... ;o) I would LOVE to see a selling blog....Create on dear OLM....and hope you get to feeling better....Smiles & Big Hugs ~ Robin

Prims By The Water said...

So sorry to hear about your business shutting down...but I do 100% agree that one door closes that another oopens...and sometimes even a window or two...of opportunity..so I am sure whatever you decide, it will turn out for the best...things do happen for a reason Marie. Take care, Janice