Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year! Changes...on the move!

Happy New Year everyone!!! I hope it was a great one! We had a enjoyable one and yesterday I went right to work "un-decorating" some of the Christmas. I really didn't want to...But the Tree was dry and once I started, well, I was on the roll....
I wanted to change up things in the front room. AND everyone was home today to move furniture....SO.... Here some of the ugly mess...UGH, the mess you have to make to get it back to the way it was!

So I forgot to take a real "before picture"....but here's the front room after the tree came down and the corner end table was moved...That corner end table is tough to work with. I wouldn't mind trading it in for something different, but hubby loves it...SO it stays.... sigh.... So the rug is up to wash the floor....Now the biggest problem with moving things around is....see the little bench in front of the window....That is Knuckle's to stand onto to look out the window. So that path needs to stay open! LOL

See Knuckle's uses it all the time.......

So, first I need to see things in my head, in place....Been working on this for a couple of days in the olde brain!
So here is the hubby and Alex getting ready to move the cabinet, Knuckle's is supervising...Need to be careful moving it...It's old... I believe it dates back to about 1880's...been in hubby's family the whole time!

Playing...It takes FOREVER to get things done! UGH! Alex found a wrapping paper ball...so guess what started again!?!!?!? SO all this moving, lead to other idea's for other area's....I had this little shelf, used it here and there...then really didn't have a spot for it and was just tucked up in our room....brought it back out....

Then I thought...move this...move that.... Open space, YIKES! need to fill it! LOL... Then I am trying to move more of my collections "together" instead of here or there...I think they will look better. So NOTHING is done... Everything is a work in progress... Must take it slow...You know the "BACK" UGH! So here is the shelf with a collection of yellow ware.... Very pleased with this thought! LOL.... See the little bench on the top??? That's new.... Salesmen sample of outside metal furniture! Love it!!!

So back to the front room....Here it is before with the tree up.... see the corner end table???


After with the mess...or work in progress... Cabinet in it's place...more needs to be done, MUCH MORE. But I feel good at my start. So little by little I will get everything in it's place.. Will show more once it's done....


BUT... what I hate is the things that get "displaced" and need a new home...Then finding that new home...UGH.... Like this.... The wine collection... You know I need that to help with the fruit loop crap! It's only the 2nd and she's at it again! Just makes one want to scream... OH well....

So where am I going to put this???? Don't know yet.... But I will figure it out!


So looking ahead to 2012, there is many things I hope to accomplish...I was thinking about all of this over the weekend... and back on 2011 etc.... There was much to be grateful for! Many wonderful things happened...

Here is a few highlights... Blessed to have our home used as a product shoot for Country Sampler. Few of the "girls" published in PRIMS! Started selling my creations and antiques at the Primitive Chick in Dekalb..(that's been great for selling a few of the collections that I haven't been as attached too) Both boys graduating college! YIPPEE!! Even with the back issues, Life is good!

Looking ahead... I really need to learn how to do more on the computer! Truly I just barely get by! I can't even re-size my photo's! I know, what a loser!!! LOL....Yes, I will learn this year! I will learn excel better and get the business organized! Learn to use my touch pad better! again clueless! Organized the craft stuff better! Most importantly, REMEMBER TO ENJOY THE SMALL STUFF BETTER! Here's to a wonderful 2012! I wanted to thank everyone so much all wonderful comments everyone leaves!!!! Please know, even though I don't email you, I read each one and appreciate them so much! OLM

23 comments:

Orange Sink said...

Marie,
Goodness you're brave! It looks like you're really doing a great job at rearranging and organizing..... I'm still in the "thinking stage"!! I know you will accomplish a lot in 2012..... just try and not do it all the first month! LOL!!
Hugs and best New Year Wishes!!
Cathy G

earlene said...

Your re-arranging looks great where you placed everything! Knuckles is a hoot..at first I thought you were joking! but I see why you need the table. he is huge and it is important he has his spot! Very cute.
I read your blog all the time but i don't make comments all the time either...

Hugs!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
I'm envious. I'm still in the thinking stage of taking down the Christmas decorations and it's back to work tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I am truly thankful to have my job but it sure cuts in to the play time...lol!
Happy New Year.
Hugs :)
Lauren

myomyohi said...

I put my Christmas away this weekend also. I have been hanging a few things, moving a few things.... and trying to talk myself into purging and getting a LOT better organized in every way.

Love the yellowware and the churn.

Looks great.

Myra

lilraggedyangie said...

OLM <
sheesh woman y'all wore me out just watching ya move all that stuff just in pics ! lol Love knuckles and his window , fudge has every window in the living room makes placement crazy lol Look forward to more blogging with you in the new year ! Really how come reorganizing one thing makes such a chaotic mess of other things ? I call it the sh** shuffle lol Happy New Year ,have a great week hugs lilraggedyangie

TheCrankyCrow said...

Looking good Missy Marie....I love that little shelfy cupboard with the yellow ware....Perfect display!!! (And that metal salesman's sample on top is adorable!!) With our small house and very oddly shaped layout, there is no possibility of rearranging anything....only one place the couch will fit, only one corner without ceiling to floor windows where you can see the tv, etc. Boring - but doesn't hurt my head or my back either. Hey - if you don't know what to do with that wine collection, I have an idea.... ;o) Wishing you and your family a wonderful new year filled with promise, joy, and best blessings....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Bama Planter said...

HI Marie! First, thanks for the snowman! He's the only snow I have seen this year and I love him, expecially since he came from you. Second, you are right to group your collections. My friend Dean lives in a totally prim house and all of her collections are in groups and it makes the place look totally organized. Third, if the corner table you are talking about is the two tier brown one, paint the whole thing gray except for the top and paint it rust ( to match your other prim table.) I love the tall cabinet! Fill it full of old quilts and line up the wine bottles in between the quilt layers. No one will know they are there but you. I love your blog so keep the posts coming, and thanks for posting comments on mine. Marshel ( bamaplanter.blogspot.com)

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Hi,Marie- gee,I can't tell you how many times I've done that to the family and drove my man crazy! This house is so small that it dictates where the furniture goes, not us!
Your floors are beautiful! You should show more of them; I took up the rugs when we started refinishing the floors but now I like them with just a few floor cloths or smaller hooked rugs here and there. LOVE your antique cabinet, and it being in your husband's family is wonderful.
Have fun putting things around, it's a pleasurable way to spend time in your home.
Susan

BumbleBeeLane said...

Love those pretty yelloware bowls.You had some big accomplishments this year.Hope you have a wonderful New Year as well.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Trace4J said...

Morning
Whew..I am pooped just watching all your work. I took the tree down yesterday too but thats all. You have inspired my day today. I love your yellow ware collection. Beautiful.
And Knuckles him is stinkin cute!
Hugs Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Green Creek Primitives said...

Hi Marie, Love the shelf with your bowls in it, and the little metal bench, just the perfect touch on top. Yes I know how it is to have ideas in you brain, and once you start moving, well one thing leads to another and something else is shifting places. I have three room fixin to shift, lots of fun though. Looking forward to see what you are creating this year. Take care, Hugs Vicky

Shirlee said...

Your home is beautiful Marie! Absolutely beautiful! Loved seeing all the photos. I especially love that shelf full of bowls! I need to get me some of those. I have very few ... they are so hard for me to find. Blessings, Shirlee

Margie from Hungry Hook Primitives said...

I just love how your brain works Marie...the house looks terrific and I love all your yellow ware together like that. I also need to get more organized and learn more (I cant resize a picture either so when you learn could you do a tutorial please?). Congrats on all your MANY accomplishments in 2011 and I look forward to seeing what you do in 2012...Hugs and hope the back gets better soon !!!
Hugs,
Margie

~Sara said...

I am right there with you! My home has big totes in the corner waiting for me to re-arrange the whole room.It is so great that you have help with it, it is a big undertaking alone. Good luck and I will be looking for the after pics.Sounds like lots of accomplishments in 2011, college graduation!! Hoe wonderful! Our youngest is just starting and lots of headaches with it. Good luck in the new year with all that you have set out to do. Blessings ~Sara

Mary said...

Marie..I hope Knuckles isn't like my lab..attached to me wherever I go..I know what you mean about the computer. I really need to learn this year.. I am just getting by myself. Mary

alltheseboys said...

Now you have me thinking...I'll take my tree down this weekend. I live in a little apartment..and there isn't a lot I can do with my furniture. BUT there is a cable hook up on the opposite side of the room..and I DO have to take everything out of the entertainment center to fix it anyway...hmmm....the wheels are spinning!!! Thank you, lol!! Katie

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I love that cabinet in the corner..but I would turn it on an angle if possible..then it looks like a focal point as you walk in the room and not like something stuffed in a corner..(don't know how else to say this) not meant to be mean in any way..I love angles and this would look great on an angle..:)

frontporchprims said...

Wow!!! That's alot of work. Way to put the Men to use:) I hate empty spaces too. I love how you have your yellow bowls displayed they look really neat like that. I still haven't taken down Christmas yet but it's on my list of things to do this week. -Steph-

renee said...

You know that saying, the family that plays together stays together? I am glad your family has a good time! LOL! It keeps you youthful Marie! LOL!
I love Knuckles stool! He is a good boy!
I am arranging too, it's work and I know I am also thinking of listing a few treasures on CL, I just don't have room. Sigh~ but you do what you can.
I hope you get it all done, and I know it's going to look wonderful!
This weekend, I get to paint the bathroom, so I am ready!
My tree is still out, but it will be put away this afternoon when I get home from work.
Have a great week!
Hugs,
Renee

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

You are so lucky to have WALL SPACE to be able to move your things around...we don't - so things stay pretty much where they got put in the first place.
Two strong fellas to move things...how awesome is that!!!
Karen

nancy huggins said...

Well...my DD went to College in DeKalb but I never got a chance to check anything out when we went to visit at her apt. Maybe we can meet up some place when we get moved back up North and hoping to be in the area of Belvidere..Where exactly are you? I would love to find a shop up there to sell my stuff. I used to do real good in a little tiny shop in Marengo but she closed up. It would be cool if we could meet HUH?

Kendra said...

Seeing Knuckles on his stool I am picturing "nose prints"! Gotta' love the nose prints, especially on the car windows!

Alette Siri Ane said...

So good to see other people have the same going on.Life is so.