Saturday, December 3, 2011

Quick Hello! And Here's my new Cabinet!

Oh my! I am getting NOTHING done fast! Love this time of year, but it seems to go by so fast and just not enough hours in the day to get everything done! Everything is still such a mess here.... decorating pretty much done... some "things" need to find new homes until after Christmas...Need to get that all put away...UGH! Then I managed to slice my thumb open pretty good! Just what I needed, something to slow me down... Thought for sure I would need stitches, but I didn't....But couldn't use my thumb for a couple of days...Trying buttoning jeans without your thumb! It takes work....LOL.....Anyway..... I have a story...Don't I always?LOL

So there has been this great step back cabinet over at the Primitive Chick, where I sell my creations and some antiques. Anyway, I can't believe it's been there all summer.. OH how I loved it so! BUT...no room...nothing I am willing to part with...so I just drool....UNTIL....last week I was in taking new stock in... AND...someone has come in wanted just the top shelves... Willing to pay to get them...Just what she was looking for....So that left the bottom part... Which in my opinion, the best part! Again, no place for it...I won't say what I really said...But you get the idea.....BUT!!! I kept thinking, and thinking....then it came to me....It's just what I needed...HEHEHE...NOW I just needed to convince hubby....MMMM...So I went to work on him! It will work! It will be PERFECT!!! he was not convinced, but I got it for a Christmas/birthday present!!!! Here is the basic black TV stand/center that held our TV...ICK! Not prim at all...but it worked....Until it came to me.....

NOW!! Doesn't this look 10XS better! So much more prim!!!!??? Holds everything with room to spare...he had to cut a new hole in the back for cables, but who cares... Just open the door when we need the DVD player....

I am thrilled with my thought! It works...love the colors... 3 different layers of paint chipping off in places! I oiled it up good today...Needs a little repair to one of the doors... but, otherwise just what I was looking for, I just didn't know it at the time! LOL!


I have been missing everyone! Trying to catch up with every one's blogs... Got to several today..Love seeing every one's decorating! I will catch up more tomorrow! It's a wonderful Life is on... I have never seen it all the way through...I think it's time! OLM

22 comments:

Robin said...

I LOVE the cabinet and it looks great as a tv stand!!! Yep I think Santa was mighty good.

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Love the cabinet!
Chippy prim perfection!

Hope your finger gets better soon!
Poor thing.
I think I would've just wore jog pants until it healed.
Hehee.

Hugs,
Tam

Angela said...

You know if we want something bad enough and think hard enough there is always, always a way!! (smile). You did great my friend as I love that cabinet. It was just waiting on that brain of yours to figure out that it was coming home with you. Hubby should be really happy as it makes that t.v. look so much better. *wink* Love the old paint colors on it. Sorry about your thumb. Hope it heals really soon. Enjoy your weekend
Angela

Bittersweetfolkart said...

Oh yes ..much better ..good idea !!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
Perfect!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Primitive Chick said...

HMMM... I love the cabinet but of I should huh cause it was in my home for a few years and I am so PLEASED that it's in your home now and heeyyyy we where right and your hubby was wrong! It fits like a ole glove haha HUGS!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Wonderful cabinet ~ prim perfect!
Oh I Love that movie ~ it's a wonderful life! ~ I hope you enjoyed it.
Prim Blessings
Robin

TheCrankyCrow said...

LOVE your new cabinet Marie!!! Much better fit scale-wise for that HUGE tv...(you all do things really large there, don't you??? First that couch, and now that tv....Yikes - you'd be claustrophobic if you came to visit me....) ;o) Great colors too...Hope your weekend is going good - and that thumb is healing - I burnt the heck out of mine....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

BumbleBeeLane said...

I always have to giggle us prim lovers with those big modern tv's stuck in the middle of it all.When hubby got his I hated it now after a few years I've adjusted but I had him build a box to go around it so I can put my prims on top.LoL..I love the cabinet the chippy paint just perfect.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Trace4J said...

Love love love that chippy cabinet!
Awesome.
Hugs Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

frontporchprims said...

What a pretty color and such wonderful layers. Very perfectly prim. I love it. Congrats on finally being abel to call it your own. -Steph-

lindeelou said...

Your cabinet is chip-a-lious....I love it....

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

LOVE IT~Much Better~ it is screaming prim~ sorry about your Boo~Booo~ ouch~heal up~
smiles
Teresa

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Loving that cabinet. Looks much better than the old one, Lol!

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, I love your cabinet, prim perfect! Hope your finger heals really fast. I love to watch, "It's a wonderful life", it is one of my favorite Christmas movies! Wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday season! Hugs, Lecia

myomyohi said...

LOVE the new cabinet. It's primtastic.

renee said...

I love your cabinet Marie! The boob tube looks mighty fine there! OUCHIE to your finger, I hope that it heals soon, no fun! Thanks for visiting me from time to time, I enjoy it!
Give Knuckles a scratch from me!
Hugs,
Renee

Lee Hill Primitives said...

Love it and you are right much better. Great cabinet.

Beckyjean said...

Hi Marie~

Lovin that cabinet!!

Have a great day~Becky

Carmen and the Primcats said...

It's PERFECT!!!!!

Carmen and the Primcats

Primsue said...

I love your cabinet - it is prim perfect!

jennifer768 said...

Hi Marie,playing catch up here tonight.Hope that your thumb is better,yikes but that sounds painful!Love your new chippy cabinet!It is prim perfect and so happy that you thought up a way to use it.Hugs,Jen