Thursday, December 22, 2011

Merry CHRISTMAS!!! Pictures--Surprise Box--- Oh MY!

I have been such a bad blogger.... Where did the time go???... Looking back at Thanksgiving, I thought I have PLENTY of time... I had started shopping....some decorating... ordered my Christmas cards! I am on schedule! This will not get away from me? NOT! UGH!
So what happened? I swear I woke up and lost at least a week! Everyday this week, I needed to blog! SO many THANK YOUS need to be said... sigh.....tis the season....
Oh well it is what it is.... To all my wonderful blog friends that sent me cards, THANK YOU! I was going to send some out to you this week... but what week? I am sorry! BUT... I did get some baking done...slowly, to not piss off the back. Something I didn't get to do last year, more because of the back and the herniated disc that I didn't yet know I had....anyway.....most presents are wrapped and under the tree. I have just a wee bit of running around to do tomorrow, sauce to make for the lasagna for Christmas Eve that I always make...So it's here! Merry Christmas! Have a glass of wine and enjoy! It's about the gathering of friends and family ( even if my dad won't come, ugh! won't even go into that)
So going back to Monday, hubby is out running errors with me. He does all my lifting and such, YIPPEE!!! I come home to many boxes on the porch! WHOOSERS!!!! Few Christmas presents from the "Queen" and swap box from Margie@ Hungry Hook Primitives...AND a box from Tammy @ A Primitive Place!?!?!?!?!? What???? On the box it just said "because" Oh my!!! I am surprised, Merry Christmas to me!!! LOL!!! What did I do to deserve one her "RAK" Random acts of kindness!!???? So I ripped it open and fell in love! Just look! THANKS SO MUCH TAMMY! Little note to me and a most wonderful prim doll, LOVE HER! She is sitting on my love seat in the front room right now. She is right at home! Adorable little prim plate ornie and 2 battery operated tapers, I so love these!!!! Need to buy stock in batteries, I use them everywhere! Again, Tammy, you have such a big heart! Thank you!!!!!!

Box #2, boy I am spoiled! Like I said Margie and I did a quick little swap and this is what she sent me... So love rug hooking. I have tryed it a bit. Really need to spend more time doing it. So appreciate all the time it takes to do a rug, LOVE THEM!!!


So I got not one but TWO rugs! Snowflakes for the winter and a great American one for the whole summer season! AND a bunch of wool! YIKES!!! Love it and all the creating I can do with that!!! Thanks sooooo much Margie!!!!!


So here is the home for the snowflake mat... see all the upside down letters... That is from my little "elves" that where here a couple weeks ago for the ornie exchange... still finding many things, just not right! LOL! OH the fun!!!!



Some baking today... did the cut out cookies. Every one's most favorite. Hubby's mom was the best at making cut outs.... I give it my best college try!



Alex trying to get the dough! LOL! Look at that messy kitchen! I am not a "neat" cook! HEHE!! see Knuckles HOPING for something to drop on the floor, or that Alex would share....Neither happened!


Now, just a bit of decorating.... Nothing over the top this year...



old milk can that hubby's family used on the farm to collect milk, my BIL found it in the basement of my FIL's home after he pasted away and gave it to me, love family history....



Dry sink for the winter season with a few of my snowmen... I have a weakness for snowmen!



Farm table in the kitchen for the holiday... Now, I owe Linda @ country Pickins a VERY BIG I AM SORRY! I completely forgot to show off her gingerbread ornie that I received from Amy's ornie swap. I received this a couple of weeks ago. He's right at home on the bread board.



here's my little gingerbread arrangement....






My bowl of shelf sitter elves! Just can't pass them up if I find them on the cheap side! See the super cute snowman mat that Trace @ Granny trace Scraps & Squares sent me, love him, perfect for the whole winter season!


Finally my big snowman and the corner in the gathering room with the baker's cabinet... It's hard to tell but I love the old plastic ornies with the little scenes in them... Have them all on the silver tree.... So there you have it! I could show you more...but I need to clean that kitchen. Get the dusting of flour and sugar off the flours and Joey proof my house for Saturday! Tomorrow's Friday already? Isn't it? ICK!!!


I wish for all my blogging friends a MOST WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR!!! You guys are the best!!! OLM

22 comments:

Angela said...

Marie, Time has just flown by for me this season also. I love all the goodies you have recieved. Love the decorations you shared. All those little elves bring back memories. Just love the little stripe one. And the milk can is so special since it was in your family. That big snowman is wonderful. Did you make it? Enjoy your baking and your holiday with family/friends. You have worked extra hard this year. Take care of that back. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Angela

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Hi Marie,
Wowsers! Love that swap from Margie.
Trying to rug hook is on my New Years Resolution list.
I tried once quite awhile back and it was a complete disaster!!
But I am bound and determined to learn how to do it. Heehee.

Love all your Christmas decor.
Especially that big snowman.

And your kitchen looks pretty darn clean to me.
You should seriously see mine right now.
We are running out of plates and forks because they are all piled up on the counter needing to be washed.
The sad thing is, I have a dish washer and still can't seem to get them done!

I'm not baking this year. I just can't get into the mood. Plus I don't know if I can find the time.

This month has just flown by!!!
Crazy.

I'm so glad you liked your surprise goodies.

Have a fabulous Christmas and a fantastic New Year!
Hugs,
Tam

Firecracker Kid said...

Well wow, what a snazzy prim home you have. On my wish list for 2012. My own that is :o) I know you "live" in your house with those big kids around. Have an excellent Christmas, and baby that back :o)
Hugs~Carol

Pam at Antique or Not said...

Oh my goodness, such wonderful goodies you received! Love your Christmas decorating...have to admit that my favorite is your elves in the kitchen bowl; they are too cute!

Merry Christmas,
Pam

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

love your prim christmas decor..have a wonderful christmas with family and loved ones..and love the goodies you received too:)

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, Where has the time gone, I wanted to do so much for Christmas, but not enough time. Love your swap goodies, the doll is too cute! Love the little mat too! Your decorating is awesome, sure would like to stop by for some of those cookies, maybe next year. He He Wishing you a very Merry Christmas! Hugs, Lecia

BumbleBeeLane said...

Marie~ Yes time gets away.Where the heck is fall? Only two days till christmas yikes! Not ready but it's coming either way.Love the rugs margie made you.Wanted to Thank you for your very special gift to me and always encouraging me and of course getting me giggling.I know you had such a hard time with your mom and I'm happy to know you are there if I need you.Merry Christmas! Big Hugs!~Amy

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Merry Christmas.
Janet

Green Creek Primitives said...

Great goodies Marie, love the doll and the snowflake rug. Your decorations look so good, love the pitch folk idea with the berries and greenry. You have a nice collection of gingerbread guys, love them. I hope you and your family have a really great Christmas. Hugs Vicky

Traci said...

Oh, you got a Tammy Dollie too, so sweet! Margie sent some wonderful things for the swap, can't wait to see what you do with the wool. Sending Christmas Wishes from my family to yours...Traci

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Merry Christmas!!!
-Kath

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Marie~
Wonderful decorating photos & Sweet gifts from the gals~ but girl I gotta tell you your son, pooch & the messy kitchen looks like home sweet home~ I love it!!
Like you when I am in the kitchen look out~ MESSY!!! But like My Grandma always said gotta make a mess to make yummies!!!
Hugs to you and a Very Merry Christmas to you and the family~ enjoy
smiles
Teresa

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
I, too, thought with Thansgiving being early getting ready for Christmas would be a breeze ~ NOT!
Love all your new goodies and your house looks wonderful!
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Robin said...

Merry Chrtistmas to you and your family...forget the glass, just tip the bottle up!!!! And take a deep breath my friend!!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Time sure does fly by when you're having fun!!!
Take a little break now and then and enjoy!
Wonderful goodies you got from some really sweet friends!
Hope you and yours enjoy Christmas with Family and Friends!
Merry Christmas!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Bittersweetfolkart said...

Merry Christmas Marie !

Trace4J said...

Merry Merry Christmas to you and your Family Marie!
Your home looks awesome.
I am especially lovin that GINGER arrangement.
Hugs Trace

P.s I hide the cookies from my boys..hehhe

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Dear Marie,
A lot of people are saying the same thing about lack of time. And they are doing very light decorating. It's all I can do to get the presents wrapped because of my neck and back.
I can sympathize with you on the back troubles. It stinks.
Everything you received from others is adorable. I like how you put your things around the house. I like the snowman in the greens of the milk can.
Merry Christmas to your and your loved ones,
Susan

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

This was fun Marie!
Your home is so warm...and you have touches of Prim everywhere.
Congratulations on the win...love the hooked pieces too.
And your swap goodies...just beautiful.
Please take it easy the rest of this week...it's not going to be easy but just concentrate on what you are doing.
Blessings, Merry Christmas
Karen

Meadowbrook Cabin Primitives said...

Hi Marie

Love all your goodies you received ! The hooked mats are just precious ,and ginger ornie and the sweet little dollie.

I love how you said your husband was out running errors (with you )... that is what my dh does if I send him to the store, etc.
by himself ! Everything is an error !

May you have a Merry Christmas !

Blessings,
Linda

Beckyjean said...

Merry Christmas Marie!!

I know about time getting away from you~I haven't blogged in a long time. Hoping to get back to it soon.

Hugs~Becky

TheCrankyCrow said...

Running woefully behind in my blogging my friend - sorry I missed this fun post of yours. Your house looks wonderful - I think I could walk in and feel right at home (and pack lots of goodies up to take home with me!) ;o) Love your "gingers" arrangement - and that big ol' snowman is wonderful!! Did you make him??? Now I have snowman envy. :o Sweet little doll from Tammy - and love Margie's mats she sent you - those snowflakes are great....Have fun playing in all that wool. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin