Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas 2011--just a memory now....

Happy Tuesday after Christmas everyone! I hope everyone had a most wonderful Christmas!! No matter how far behind I might of been running.... everything went well and no one was the wiser, except the piles of "stuff" dumped in the laundry room!!! LOL...

As always, building up to Christmas in my family there seems to be issues...UGH! To say I was not a happy girl on Friday would be a understatement...BUT again, in the end everything worked itself out and went great! BUT.... I did start off with a little wine! Bottoms UP! LOL AHHH...the calm before the invasion of family....LOL....

Everything in it's place, once Joey gets here, that won't be the case....she like to rearrange the front room....giggles!

Oops...out of order here... the opening of presents, Joey, William, Katie and Rosie were such a hoot! The minute Joey came, she was like..."can we open presents now???" 3 year old's at Christmas...the excitement, so much fun! Here's William's noisy sword we got him, my brother playing with it....UGH! that thing was NOISY! Glad to see that one go home! Giggles!

Knuckle's attacking the Hot Dog man!!! Merry Christmas to Knuckle's!!! Hamburg for him!


Feeding time! Steven tickling William! Love Steven's Viking hat, such a hoot!


OK...no more waiting, dinner is done, Yes, we can open presents!

William getting his sword, and Joey in her new boots! Look at those faces!


Lights, flashing, and noise....is it time to go home yet? LOL

This was Rosie's toy dog, OH MY! Knuckle's thought it was for him, he wanted to play!


My Dad, Pappa getting his big, very big cigar lighter......


Katie passing out presents to everyone! They went shopping for everyone!!!!!!


Then, once the presents are opened.....sigh...the paper ball fight starts...oh the mess... I will find paper balls for quiet a while....UGH! I don't know how this started, but it has been going on for YEARS!


Christmas morning with the boys.... each got a chicken ornament... inside joke...


Steven with his new snowboard...all we need now is snow... There is not even a dusting... we have barely had 2inches so far this year...Really didn't feel like Christmas with no snow...We had rain...ICK!

Knuckle's...I don't know what got into him, but he was tearing all the boxes apart....goofy dog!

Aftermath of Knuckle's...see the snowboard box right there in front...he ripped the whole length of the box...


So there you have it...just a few highlights from Christmas at the Morgan homestead. Good times was had by all, especially the kids. Now the cleaning, taking the decoration's down... Though just not yet, I hate it once all the lights and everything are gone...It seems so stark....


I will have to show off a few new goodies next time. My GF's and I always go out the day after Christmas, not to the mall , but the smaller shops... Heaven knows I didn't need anything... No Christmas decorations were purchased, I have so much...BUT, I did get few new prims... but for another time for those! Happy New Year, wow 2012 is almost here!!! OLM

18 comments:

lilraggedyangie said...

Sounds like a great time at your house noise and knuckles and all lol I start every family function with a drink makes the dysfunction seem much more amusing ! LMBO hey tell knuckles we have one of those obnoxious white dogs no longer in use here ID GLADLY SEND HIM TO CHEW UP HOW BOUT A COUPLE HUNDRED BARBIES TOO? LOL Have a great week ! hugs lilraggedyangie

Pam at Antique or Not said...

What fun...your pics were so great that I felt like I was actually there with you all! Looks like everyone had a wonderful Christmas at the Morgan household.

My kids are grown now and there are no grandbabies yet, but I remember those wild and crazy Christmas mornings with fondness.

Hugs,
Pam

frontporchprims said...

What a fun time with the family. Looks a little crazy!! We have had no snow either. Maybe a dusting after Halloween is all. Good luck with the cleaning. -Steph-

Mary said...

Looks like fun was had by all Marie.
We had our 15 nieces and nephews yelling all night to open up presents early. We finally gave in. Our lab tears up every box he can get a hold of. He is CRAZY!!!

Shirlee said...

What fun memories : ) Loved seeing all the photos! I agree ... everything looks so stark once the decorations are put away. Next year will be here before we know it : ) Blessings, Shirlee

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

It looks like you guys really know how to enjoy the holiday, even your
dog! I'm so glad to hear you
enjoyed your day. I look forward to
seeing the prims you bought.

Robin said...

It looks like you had a blast! Love the looks on the children's faces. Has the sword gone home yet?? Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR

Traci said...

Knuckles is a hoot, love that dog...probably just full of the festive spirt, he was...

Looks like a fun/my kind of party at the Morgan home... Cheers, Traci

Beckyjean said...

Hi Marie~

Too funny about the wrapping paper balls. That has been a family tradition for years now on my hubby's side of the family. One of the brother's always seems to start it. This year we had the paper ball fight & they also stashed empty beer cans all over our house. I'll probably be finding them for weeks. Sounds like you had a nice time. Love the pic of your boys with their chicken ornies. I can only imagine what that is about.

Have a wonderful night~Becky

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

looks like everyone had a good time including knuckles...happy new year;) can't wait to see your new prims.;)

Firecracker Kid said...

Oh yeah, the kids... and the big kids always make for a rockin' rowdy Christmas. Then throw in a pet or two and you're good to go. Wow... Knuckles knows how to have a jolly good time... lol.
Hugs~Carol

Trace4J said...

Looks like a wonderful CHRISTMAS to me!
Woolie Stitches
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Hi Marie,
Such a fun family celebration. I love it when families get together like this and HAVE FUN...I love the giggles and laughter and it shows in all of your photos.
Goodness Knuckles did a number on that box...lol
Our one son has a tradition of hiding something when he's here no matter what the occasion and sometimes I find it right away...sometimes it is in a place I might not get to in some time! lol But it's fun isn't it?
Blessings...hope to get to meet you in person sometime soon.
Karen

Raggedy Creations said...

great pictures.

Sheila said...

You folks sure know how to have a great time! Lovely pics and that Knuckles? Well, he steals the show!
Reminds me of my grand dog, Bela. She's such a princess.
Happy New Year to you Marie!

TheCrankyCrow said...

So, how much sugar did you all feed Knuckles?? ;o) Fun, fun, times my friend. Like I said, I think I could fit right in with that family of yours no problem....'cept I'd prefer "white." I'm not in any hurry to take my Christmas stuff down - after all, I just got it up. And to me Christmas is a season, not a day. I always usually leave it up until a week or two after the new year anyway (like who can enjoy it BEFORE Christmas???) - this year, it might stay up a LOT longer, as who knows when I'll get to it. Hoping all is well in your world - and your new year is filled with blessings....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Just stopping by to wish you a very Happy and Healthy New year!! hugs!!

nancy huggins said...

Looks like all had a good Christmas and kind of reminds me of when we lived closer to the kids and they all came home.I DO MISS doing that and makes me homesick :)
I hate the week (or maybe month) after Christmas..It is over and everything seems so empty and kind of lonesome too I guess. Have a Great 2012..
Hugs
nancy