Sunday, November 20, 2011

What Does 2 BIG kids and Knuckles do with a leave pile??

Is anyone else having problems uploading pictures to blogger??? This took so many tries on and off all day.... SO, I lost track on my order that I wanted them in.....oh ....well...
Today was a true late fall day...overcast, chilly, and still outside chores that needed to be done...Finally this week the last of the leaves fell off the trees in back.... So hubby and Alex raked them up this morning....AND of course boys being boys.... They decided to play hide and seek with Knuckles.... So here's hubby getting ready to bury Alex in the leaves...LOL... Alex has a squeaker from one of Knuckle's toys with him.......

So Knuckle's hears the squeaker.....mmmm...where is it coming from?????


OHHH...NOOO.... Knuckle's a bit scared...poor dog...all in good fun..... Really Knuckle's loves to play hide and seek.... hubby and puppy do it a lot....


They kept playing.... see Alex's hand sticking out....you can click on the pictures to make them bigger if you like....

Knuckle's. GIVE ME THE TOY!!!!



Knuckle's looking for his toy that got tossed in...What he found was Alex's hat that he lost in there! So a fun morning for all the "children"! LOL.......


So, I wanted to show ya something...Boy the QUEEN is giving me grief! I tried to tell her, I didn't want to show her... I knew she would want it.... BUT!!! I really love it....See Friday night was a prim/antique sale that one of my friend's have every year... Always great stuff... I found many treasures....BUT, I knew right away I wanted this for my counter... would have to clean it up a bit to make it work...take a couple of things off to make room! BUT, the problem is the QUEEN loves olde wire baskets....SIGH.... I should give it to her....BUT......


Look at it on my counter!!!! It will look even better someday when I have those wood counters!


SEE!!!! it was a must have!!!! I told her, I didn't want to send her a picture...BUT she insisted...now I keep getting "NASTY" emails from her! LOL.... WELL...Come get it QUEEN! Until then it's on my counter! HEHEHEHE

So I am trying to finish up a few goodies for a blog sale... I really wanted to do it this weekend...BUT.... I cleaned, played with new treasure's, started a bit of Christmas decorating... I usually don't start this early, but with my back, everything takes forever...so better to do a little at a time..... ANYWAY... I am shooting for Tuesday late afternoon, probably early evening... More details later tomorrow once I see what I have done........ Have a great evening! OLM

12 comments:

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

So much fun!!!! Our kids when they were younger loved to play in the leaf piles with the dogs too!!!
LOVE your basket!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Trace4J said...

What a fun Fall day!
Love the basket too.
Getting ready to take Piper to vets she was stung by a wasp. UGH!
Can't wait to see your blog sale.
Hugs Friend
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Trace4J said...

ooops posted turkey recipe today!

Shirlee said...

Marie ... Love that old wire basket! Your leaf pile reminds me of long ago when we had lived in Florida for 9 years & then moved to Tennessee. I was so excited to see fall leaves again, & the kids had never seen them, so we raked up a big pile in our yard & I showed the kids the joy of jumping in them. Well guess what ... I got a horrible case of poison ivy! The kids escaped it but not me ... lol! Blessings, Shirlee

Cottonwood Lane Primitives said...

That's a big pile of leaves. Bet knuckles went in and took a nap after all the excitement. Your basket looks great with all the prim kitchen stuff! Don't blame you for keeping it. ~Roberta

Angela said...

Who would have thought a huge pile of leaves could bring so much joy and fun. Use to be Holly's favorite time of the year when her dad would rake and she could play in the leaves. Seems like so long ago. Now a contraption on the back of the lawn mower turns them into mulch. Miss those special times. Love the wire basket. You have it just perfect. Have a great weekend.
Angela

Robyn ♥ said...

Oh, I just love the playing in the leaves pics!! So much fun!!
OMG...I am loving the wooden thing the wire basket is on!!!! Please tell me where you purchased!!! The basket is very cool too! ;)

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ahhh...so that's where all the leaves in Nod went - they've been missing for weeks now already (well, and anything that was left is covered in that white stuff now....) Looks like a fun day. And I LOVE your new basket!! And you have it display to prim perfection. I'd tell the Queen to go pout.... ;o) So hope I can catch your sale - but I won't be computering much - we're having company Tuesday evening; I have to go to my mom's on Wednesday to make dressing and get the birds ready and Thursday I'll be cooking one of those birds....plus I have paperwork to get in....Not a fun week shaping up. But I'll try to peek in!! Wishing you a wonderful holiday week! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

lilraggedyangie said...

OLM ,
OMG so good to see knuckles having a great time , funny my aunt and I did the same thing yesterday except we buried Princess in the leaves lol Love the basket but ya know all hail the queen! lol Cant wait to see what you offer up next and if I dont talk to you before Thursday A VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU AND YOURS! HUGS LILRAGGEDYANGIE

Farmhouse prims said...

I always love seeing pictures of Knuckles, Lilly would jump in our leaves when we would rack. They love the leaves. Love your wire basket, and I think your kitchen cabinets are beautiful, I love them! Hugs, Lecia

renee said...

Too funny Marie! Knuckles sure gets a workout, and that's a good thing! You can tell he is well loved! Love the look of bewilderment on his face in the picture!
The basket is neat too! I hope that you can keep it! I just have to get through this week~ I am dreading Friday, but looking forward to the weekend!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
Hugs,
Renee

Beckyjean said...

Hey Marie~

Love that basket!! If I can make it there before the queen, can I have it?? I know~too late!! She was probably there yesterday to get it.

Love the pics of your guys playing in the leaves.

Have a great night~Becky