Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Put a FORK in it! Crafting...Special Delivery..and more

Happy November 1st!!! I can't believe it's November!?!?! Where does the time go??? So today we were blessed with a wonderful 60 degree day today! There won't be many, if any more of these!
I was busy cleaning up some Halloween decorations, and craft painting outside while I could today! A great day... rain tomorrow...BUT at least it's not SNOW! OH! the poor east coast! That is snow one gets in January, not October! UGH!!!!
So for Halloween we always set up the fire pit out front, wait for the trick or treater's and trick or DRINK for the adults! Hubby and I started doing this when the kids got old enough to go out on their own... We would sit and wait, neighbor's would join in. It's like the last hurrah before winter sets in....Always a good time.... So here's hubby about 3pm yesterday getting the fire started... Knuckles of course looking on....


As night set in...We really don't get many trick or treater's anymore...sigh...So love seeing all the kids dressed up... We really get more teenagers then anything....


My brother's family stopped by for a "drink" and they were all decked out as the Wizard of Oz....



TOO! CUTE! William comes up to me... I am like "oh NO not the flying Monkeys!!!" He's so cute... he's like Auntie "RE" It's me William!!! LOL



My brother the scarecrow, of little BRAIN! HEHEE!!! And my SIL Michelle the "evil witch"




So...like I said today I was busy painted & grunging things up!!! I am SOOOOO far behind! Here is a new design I am working on ...


They will get their noses tonight and the little tote bag that will hold a battery taper....


I am planning to have a little blog sale... I am shooting for later next week....details as I get ready!


Finished up four snowmen heads .. Need to get one of these Shipped off to Vicky.....Vicky, I am running a bit behind.. I promise, he's going out tomorrow!


OH ya..... So Yesterday afternoon as we were getting ready, setting things up.... there's a ring at the door... There stands someone... well... I knew... Hubby didn't... He goes to the door... and what does she have????? GRAIN BELT BEER!!!! Perfect timing!!! LOL!!!! Surprise from the the "Queen" hubby's sis....



Look at that smile!!! He's happy! We can't get this here in IL... so of course you like best what you can't get.....


So hugs and thank you's!!! " QUEEN" has had this in the works for about a month... It worked out perfectly!!!!




AND THEN..... Hubby and I were off to a estate sale last Saturday... I am looking around... looking for goodies to resell at the shop... I walk right past. something... Hubby' s like... turn around and look.....


at this chair!!! LOL!!!!! OH my really???? another one???? though a single and not a love seat we got back in July...BUT, it was a must have item... Looks great in the front room with the love seat one too... NOW did I think to take a picture to show off both of them?!?!!? NOPE! blond moment! Forgot! UGH!


You can kinda see the side of the love seat in the back ground... ( I don't know if anyone remembers the story of the goose neck love seat... we got it from a estate sale in July I think...very funny story... I did blog about it..) then between the 2 chairs, see all the "body" parts waiting to be put together.... sigh... so much to do, so little time to get it all done! Sorry this post was a bit all over the place... I guess I am having a bit trouble focusing on one thing these days....oh well....Off to finish dinner... Have a great night... OLM

13 comments:

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Halloween night.
I swear girl, you are the Queen of Fun!
You're always doing something, and I'm always thinking oh, I wish I could come!
:)

Love your snowmen!
Wish I had some me money.
But I haven't bought a singe Christmas gift yet, so I grounded myself till I get some of that done. :(

Wow! How neat to found a matching chair!
It was meant to be.

Loved today's weather.... Wish it would last.
Hugs,
Tam

Angela said...

Such a great way to celebrate Halloween. Love all your snowmen heads and the snowmen in the works. Bet your Hubby was a happy camper with all that beer!! I just posted about your pumpkin bread on my blog. Made it today. A keeper for sure. Have a great week.
Angela

jennifer768 said...

Love how you celebrate Halloween!Marie your snowmen are just plain adorable! I had to chuckle when I saw the chair( I remember) ,it is gorgeous by the way.Hugs,Jen

lilraggedyangie said...

O I so wanna trick or drink , got my big ol cup ready :0) lovin your new creations and super SCORE ON THE NEW CHAIR how exciting! and a post with my fave dog too all over the place or not I think ya covered it all , Im jealous :0) Have a great week and dont forget to breathe!hugs lilraggedyangie

TheCrankyCrow said...

Trick or Drink!! (What?? It's too late??? No way!!!....;o)A girl's gotta ask ya know........ Sounds like a fun night....Lovin' your new funky snow folk....by the way - what did you name your last fellow??? Cool beans on the chair - how amazing to find another after you looked so long (and struggled to get the other one out)....Gonna keep it I hope.....Smiles & November Hugs ~ Robin

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your snowmen...too cute!!

Trace4J said...

Sounds like a great time at your homestead! Love your snowmen! ANd the chair is so cool. What a great find.
Hugs Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

renee said...

You always have some fun adventure! LOL! Glad you all had a chance to unwind, and when my hubby buys Grainbelt, I always think of you and your hubby! LOL!
I still make him rinse the bottles!
Love the beginnings of your snowmen, and I don't even want to think about that yet! It's been cool and cloudy here. We have fired the stove up a few times already!
I love the chair, and I am glad it wasn't as difficult this time around!
Have a great week toots!
Hugs,
Renee

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Girl you have been busy having fun~ enjoyed all the Halloween photos~ now that really looks like a good old time!!
Love ~ love the snowmen!!!
A gooseneck chair~ reminds me of my Grandma she would sit in hers for hours just rocking & sewing~
Great post~
smiles
Teresa

Beckyjean said...

Hi OLM~

Love your new snowmen~don't know how you can get so much done. I'm still struggling to get my ornies finished up. If I don't get them in the mail, I'm gonna miss out on your awesome swap. Taking a quick break to blog a little.

Love how you trick or drink!! Looks like a ton of fun.

Have a good one~Becky

Farmhouse prims said...

Sounds like you had a nice Halloween, love to see everyone having fun! Love your new snowmen, awesome. Wonderful chair, good taste!!Hugs, Lecia

frontporchprims said...

What a fun Halloween tradition. I love a good get together with friends and food and fire. I love what you are working on. I can't wait to see them all put together. Your rocking chair looks really comfy actually. I love that color. -Steph-

Kendra said...

Love your stuff! I live in Genoa and shop at Poppie Seed all the time (much to my husband's dismay!). Susan said that you do some swaps and told me about your blog. I am looking forward to participating and following!
Kendra