Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Creating...BOXES...BOXES... BOXES...

First, I have to say, My mailman loves me!!!! LOL!!! He is new to our routine... and so many boxes lately! LOL...He was like yesterday "is it like this all the time???" NO! I said, BUT, I am funding your retirement! LOL! So most of the boxes are here for the ornament swap! I am waiting on one more, should get it tomorrow.. I had several that had to drop out because of being under the weather...sigh...they will be missed, but when you don't feel good, the last thing one feels like doing is crafting.....

Speaking of crafting... I was a busy gal yesterday...I have been trying to take it a bit easy..the back has been angry lately...another sigh...I am beginning to think the nerve burning in the back might be wearing off...UGH!....Anyway... I had talked before about having so many body parts just waiting to be put together and get their details.... So that is what I worked on yesterday and will today...OH my talk about the rain we are getting today.....great day to stay in and work....



Close up of my latest OLM original designs.... This designing is taking more time...Really it's easier to work from a pattern, BUT, to create my own designs is so rewarding!...So these gals will get either a little snowman or gingerbread for the Holiday season, that can come out of their arms after the Holidays and stay out all year.... Look at those faces.... Hubby calls them UGLY!! I say adorable!


Clothes hanging out on the line yesterday, hoping they would dry...but NOPE! To chilly... off to the oven they went....

Oh the boxes...This has been so much fun, this ornie swap I hosted... here is a tease of the boxes waiting to be split up and sent back! how lucky am I to see all the WONDERFUL ornaments first! All who participated, you won't be disappointed! They are wonderful. I am hoping I will get to them tomorrow and Thursday after I work in the shop... In the Mail Friday is my goal! I will keep you posted....

Love that mess????? Creating and boxes makes a big mess....


Here they all are! I will show off a few goodies I received a bit later... Several of you sent me a "thank you" for hosting, so was not necessary, but I love them all! Thank You! I will share next week! Blogging friends are the best!



Lastly, I wanted to show you what one of my blogging buddy's sent me... Marshel from bamaplanter.blogspot.com sent me... Love the dried gourd eggs... He grows them in his garden and sent me a bunch! I received them yesterday... Right away I knew they needed to go with my acorns for the rest of the fall....


See the wonderful little pumpkin pillow... That was from Trace @Grannytracescraps blogpsot. She is part of the ornie swap! This was in the box for me! Love the sweet little wool pillow... looks great with the acorns and gourds.... now look at that bowl... so prim! I got it a awhile back at the folkart show in St. Charles, IL... It has been so chewed up by mice... Of course I love it, hubby thinks I am nuts....LOL

Close up, so you can see all the chewing that went on....there is not a spot on the rim left in tack... I cleaned her up and oiled her and now.... it's right at home!

Well.. those snowmen won't create themselves... Make it a great day! OLM

19 comments:

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Yay! Look at all the ornie boxes! I'm so excited!!!! :)

Love love love your new snowmen and dolls! SO cute!

Carmen and the Primcats

BumbleBeeLane said...

Love the snowmen.Yep us prim lovers love ugly..smile..Some people never get ir.I'm lucky my hubby does.You are a tease girl.Can't wait to see what everyone created.Hope your back feels better maybe you have been pushing to hard and it is just warning you.Fingers crossed.Hugs!~Amy

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Marie~
Prim~ Prim ugly snowmen & gals~ You know I love uglies!! YouMake them simply adorable & tempting!!
Awesome job girl!!!
hugs
Teresa

Misi said...

Hugs to you OLM. You certainly are a productive gal. I love seeing those primitive peeps you are working on & I am so upset that missed your ornie swap sign ups..looks like fun!
I am sorry about the nerve work .. i had prayed it would be the answer for you.. don't give up XXOO {{BIG HUGS TO YOU and KNUCKLES}}

Sheila said...

Hi Marie!
hope my box got there by now. I was late getting it in the mail, sorry.
My mailman accuses me of shopping online when I get goodies in the mail! Sometimes he's right!
Don't over do it. Rest that back.
Blessings,
Sheila

Rachel said...

Thank you again for hosting the ornie swap ~ I can't wait to see what everyone else sent! :O)
I love your new dolls & snowmen!
Hope you have a wonderful day!

Green Creek Primitives said...

Hi Marie, Yep beginning to think my postal women thinks I order to much. LOL, always bringing boxes to my door. Love your lastest snowmen, I think they have a lot of personality. Hope your back feels better. Vicky

Penny said...

I apologize to my postman all the time for the number of packages he has to haul to my porch!! He tells me not to, as it means he will be keeping his job!!
Love all your new creations... they may have faces that only prim-lovers could love.... but I think they are adorable... I think my family is finally getting used to seeing them now, but in the beginning my girls used to think they were scary!
I wish I could have joined the ornie swap, but I am not a talented sewer -- can do some cross-stitch but that's about all. Sounds like such fun!!

lilraggedyangie said...

OLM, hate to hear the back is Angry again , so feeling for ya and praying for some relief soon ! Your mailman and mine must be related lol ! Im lovin all the girls you just keep creating your own designs I LOVE THEM ! HAVE A GREAT EVENING HUGS LILRAGGEDYANGIE
PS KEEP THAT RAIN FOR A DAY OR TWO MORE I HAVE THINGS THAT NEED DONE LOL

Trace4J said...

I just love UGLY!
I am so excited about the swap too. All those wonderful boxes filled with treasures. Love your dolls and snowmen. AWESOME!
Thanks again for hosting!
Hugs Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

myomyohi said...

I love the pic of the clothesline with all the little dresses drying. Everything looks great.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Nobody does ugly like you do Missy Marie....I'm smitten. Love your egg gourds and little pumpkin pillow too - you lucky thing!! And oh - that bowl is just wonderful!!! What a treasure that is - and you've worked a little magical display with everything there....love it! My back has been cranky too lately...and that makes me ALL SORTS of cranky....Hope you get to feeling better soon....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, love your snowmen and dolls, what can I say, your creations are awesome as always!!! The ornie swap sounds fun, can't wait to see all the ornies. Hope your back starts feeling better soon. Hugs, Lecia

frontporchprims said...

I love your creations. And speaking of making body parts, why don't you make yourself a new back? HA HA. They are cute though. An ornament swap sounds like fun. Your mail man must be wondering what you are getting all these boxes for!! I love the gourd eggs and pillow. So wonderful for fall. I am happy for you. -Steph-

LibbiesHome said...

Love all the new creations! My personal favorite is on the far left in the second picture. That mouth! That eye! :D
Can't wait for the ornies to get here, but you take your time. A back ache is worse than a tooth ache sometimes. Rats, I wish you didn't have to deal with that.
And those snowman scissors are just too cute by the way.
Have a great day!
Melissa

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Love all your creations! Your post was such fun to read...I especially love the cutie on the left. My son calls them creepy, but I love the little doll you made me and she proudly sits on the shelf in my bathroom...and still lovingly reminds me of my dear aunt.
Enjoy your day dear!

Beckyjean said...

Woohoo!! Can't wait to get my goodie box!!

Lovin all your creations.

Gotta drop off some creations for a show this weekend. Almost done with shows for the year & I can't wait!! I am ready to do some things for myself.

Have a great night~Becky

Margie from Hungry Hook Primitives said...

Goodness gracious, you are such a sweetheart to host the ornie swap...wish I had time to be in on it (I'm over committed as it is,hehe). I loved your comment to your mailman...priceless ! I may use that the next time mine grumbles when I ask him to take 2 little pkgs with him !!!

Hugs,
Margie

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

YOU HAVE ME BURSTING AT THE SEAMS TO GET MY 'ORNAMENT' PACKAGE...regardless of a few dropping out there's still quite a few and how fun will that be opening up that box when it arrives....YEAHHHHH...I CAN'T WAIT.

I just love your doll creations. I think they are adorable and very unique. Their heads and expressions are 'your' touch...and trademark. Keep it up...it works.

Goodness wouldn't it be funny if someone thought those grungy things hanging on your line was your actual laundry....lol

Karen