Sunday, November 27, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy.... But we took time to cut our tree

Oh how I love, and yet hate this time of year! There is just not enough hours in the day to get everything done or a "back" willing to let me get it all done! UGH! I don't know about you, but I need to put many of my prim treasure's away to make room for Christmas decorating. What does that make? ONE BIG MESS! UGH!!! Though I am going through some of my decorations, it I haven't used it in the last couple of years or it's not may taste anymore...Look out goodwill! Of course I put to much pressure on myself to make everything "just right"... well, this good old back won't let me do that these days...sigh.... so slowly but surely I am getting things done...

1st... we decided to "down size" our Christmas tree. I have a wonderful "fake" tree... Very large and looks real... But I decided this year... a smaller tree would be better... yes, that means less of my ornaments can be used...oh well... So we decided to get a real tree... We have only done this once before, when we were under-construction 2 years ago and had no place for our tree....
Anyway, we wanted to cut down our tree like we did 2 years ago. We went with our neighbors and had a blast... Hoped to do it again this year... But all our kids schedule's conflict. So we found a local tree farm and off we went this AM... in between rain drops! Family shot! Both boys were able to go today, another reason to go and get a tree... 2 years ago Alex was away at school and couldn't go with us....



My boys! See my goof-ball Steven! He loves his new viking hat. He got this for snowboarding this year....




Alex too can be a clown!




hiding....




Finally, we found just the right tree.... bit smaller then our "fake" tree... 1st we had to get the birds nest out....Steven trying to help Alex! NOT!





Boys just about ready to carry the tree out....




NOPE! let's horse around first....




OK... really we will take it out 'nice" now.... Oh those boys.....



Now I have to tell you.... I am paying for the tree and some "greens" for my buckets outside... I turn around... and what are all 3 boys doing??? Playing with a 6 month old puppy that needs rescuing....OH SIGH!!! OH NO!!!! What a great sweet puppy... 6 months old...part lab, part border collie... Boys start whining... yes at 21,23 and 55, they still whine...SIGH! Knuckles needs a play mate.... she needs a good home, AND yes she does...BUT.... I don't know... oh the guilt....I am all for rescuing! Knuckle's is a rescue dog... But, I personally like one dog at a time... and Knuckle's sometimes has difficulty with other dogs because he has been attacked a couple of times on our walks and he has no alpha-dog to help him with that. So, I said a painful no... and I have not heard the end of it! I am sure she will find a very loving home very soon!






So more pictures later, the tree is up and decorated, but I am tired, I hurt and everything is such a mess... Happy decorating everyone! OLM

12 comments:

A Primitive Homestead said...

So wonderful you & your family could go out together & find that special tree to gather around this Christmas. Memories to cherish in the years to come. Blessings!
Lara

Angela said...

Some of my favorite memories of Christmas past are going to the tree farms and cutting our tree when Holly was little. I remember one year we went on 2 different ocassions and cut 2. So much fun. Looks like you and the boys had a great day. Can't wait to see pictures. Rest, you deserve it.
Angela

Rugs and Pugs said...

Oh, Marie ~
You are WAY ahead of me! Congrats on getting your tree. Some boys never grow up, do they?
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Orange Sink said...

Marie,
Enjoyed seeing the family outing for the tree! Do the boys help decorate too?!
Will be looking forward to seeing the tree when you get rested up a bit! I am in awe at all you get accomplished! I'm sure it is one beautiful tree and your house smells like pine!! Doesn't get any better than that!
Hugs!

Cathy G

TheCrankyCrow said...

Holy smokes...you're WAY ahead of me...We usually do a real tree, but wait till mid-December so it doesn't have to be taken down immediately the day after Christmas...but the way things are going, I'm not even sure we'll have a tree this year....(it's always a huge - and painful - production - DH getting it (all day affair), putting it in the stand (another all day affair); finding the lights (several day affair w/ DH usually trying to say someone stole them and having to buy new ones - which can add even more days if he has to go to several stores to find replacements); putting lights on the tree (5 minutes of his time and another day of my time to untie the knots, take them off and redo them); and another day to put the decorations on. Yeah...life is good - and I am blessed....And with everything going on this year, I frankly don't know that I'm up for it. (Yeah...Bah Humbug....) :o Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Trace4J said...

Hey Marie!
We too went and cut our tree down yesterday..So much fun making new memories with our gang. Time flies and our babies are grown. My tree is up but no decorations.
Hugs Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Sounds like you all had a fabulous time!
Don't feel too bad... I don't blame you for no. You are right, one dog at a time is plenty. Atleast for me it is, I couldn't handle two.
Can't wait to see your tree all decorated.
I started working on all my stuff yesterday.
Yep, the house is a mess. Christmas boxes and decorations everywhere.
Kortney came down and saw all of it and asked,
I thought you were going simplify your decorations this year?
My reply, I'M TRYING TO! But it's not working out.
LOL! (it was funnier when you could hear and see me say it! Heehee!)
Have fun decorating and don't work too hard.
Hugs,
Tam

Beckyjean said...

Hi Marie~

Sounds like a wonderful day with your family. Can't wait to see your tree all decked out!!

Enjoy your evening~Becky

jennifer768 said...

Sounds like a fantastic family day! Loved the pics! So sorry that you had to say no,but Knuckles has to come first.Happy Holidays to you and your family.Hugs,Jen

myomyohi said...

Looks like the boys had a lot of fun clowning around, and that hat,... too funny. I'm not sure which tree I'll use this year. I'm procrastinating on that decision.

Thanks for taking us along. Your post made me smile more than once.

Myra

frontporchprims said...

We cut our tree down every year from the forest. I love the smell. It looks like you had a ton of fun getting yours. Sorry you couldn't take the dog home. No problems here staying busy. -Steph-

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Marie
Your Family knows how to have a good time~ giggling with you all~ thanks for sharing the joy~
love the tree~ looking forward to decorations~
hugs
Teresa