Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tuesday Display Chain-- Autunn at the Table

Misi has us working for this one! Love it! Gets the old brain cells thinking in this olde brain! Autumn at the table... So come on over have some hot apple cider with a bit of rum and some homemade pumpkin bread. One of my favorite things to bake in the fall.... Today is a perfect day for something warm, fresh pumpkin bread out of the oven.... Only I baked the bread Sunday... Hoping this loaf would last... Dare boys..... woke up this morning to it already cut into....oh well....

I am not completely sure where this recipe came from. It is my favorite of all pumpkin bread recipes and it makes A LOT!!! 3 loafs! Or one 13x9 and one loaf pan.....


Preheat your oven at 350...baking time approx. 1 hour....

3 1/3 cups flour

3 cups sugar

2 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp cinnamon

1 1/2 tsp nutmeg

1 cup oil

4 eggs

2/3 cup water

2 cups canned pumpkin

Grease 3 loaf pans.... Sift all dry ingredints together in your mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle. Add remaing ingredients and mix until smooth. Pour into pans and bake until a toothpick comes out clean! Enjoy!

This has been one busy day... I will visit everyone else's and collect wonderful recipes a bit later. OLM

18 comments:

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Mmmmmmm. Looks so good I think I'm imaginary smelling it through the screen!

Thanks for sharing!

Carmen and the Primcats

BumbleBeeLane said...

Great recipe for sharing.Warm Blessings!~Amy

lilraggedyangie said...

MMM extra rum in my cider please !!!:0) TFS the recipe , I have my net back so I have lots of reading to catch up on but am glad I stopped by for a lil snack first ! Have a great evening ! hugs lilraggedyangie

Robyn ♥ said...

Oooh, pumpkin bread!! I'll be having a big ol slice of that!!

frontporchprims said...

Oh, yummy sweet pumpkin bread. I always eat the whole loaf in about 2 days. Yours looks really good. No wonder it was cut into fast. -Steph-

jennifer768 said...

Marie thanks for sharing your recipe.I love pumpkin bread and will give yours a try. Hugs,Jen

Angela said...

Marie, Thanks for sharing this recipe. I love the fact that it makes 3 loaves. One to eat, one to share, and one to freeze. PERFECT. Have one can of pumpkin in cupboard but will get one more can and make this for the weekend. Suppose to be lots cooler here in the south. So excited, so ready for winter. Have a great evening.
Angela

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh the pumpkin lover in me is lovin' this something fierce Missy Marie....but make my cider a stiff one...it's been a long day....For some silly reason I stressed over this display theme....seems I just don't do "pretty" well! But I'm all about pumpkin - and have copied and pasted your recipe already....TFS! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

OLM~ Your table setting is Halloween all over it~ love it!!!
Warm Pumpkin bread yum~ and a big recipe(my kind, giggle)~ I can see why the boys ate it up~ YUM!!!who could resist, not me!!
thanks for sharing~
smiles
Teresa

Traci said...

GM OLM~ yum... I'll have to try this pumpkin bread recipe...and there's enough to share with my neighbors.. thanks a bunch!

Hugs, T

Misi said...

Delish!!! That looks to be too good to be shared with that Hot dog man next door... I don't want to hear next on how he got some! You better pack it up and send it to me!

Beckyjean said...

Your pumpkin bread looks delish!! If I didn't have to work today, I'd try out your recipe. Something to look forward to.

Have a wonderful day~Becky

Meadowbrook Cabin Primitives said...

Hi Marie,

Oh, that sounds so good and looks so good. I may make that today !

Congrats on being published in Prims !

Hugs,
Linda

Kerri Arthur said...

Ah!
Great Prim minds think alike!
I did pumpkin gingery bread

Don't you just love it! I too had to tell everyone HANDS OFF till I got the picture LOL

Cute table dressings too!

Hugs!
Kerri

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

Oh, I'm gonna have to make that now. Extra nuts. I love fall and fall food! This chain thing is giving me lots of ideas for how to keep our kitchen warm!
Linda

Farmhouse prims said...

I love anything pumpkin, thanks for sharing this recipe. Sure wish I lived close, I would stop by for a slice. Love your kitchen decor. Hugs, Lecia

Cheryl said...

Love pumpkin bread and yours looks real yummy! Going to give this recipe a try. Thanks for sharing,
Cheryl

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Thanks for the recipe. I will have to try it. I LOVE anything pumpkin.
Janet