Saturday, October 15, 2011

So Do You Want to See a Few of the Treasures???

I am finely feeling a bit better today... Not a 100%, but enough to look around and see I need to clean AND finally play with a few of my new treasures from my trip last week!!! How is it a week has already past????
So this isn't everything...sigh... scary..... I did get a bunch of vintage stuff to go with my doll creations... So I am not going to show you all of that.... Though, Maggie in the previous post... Her dress is made from a piece of vintage fabric or curtain that I got... Wish I had more......

Anyway.... We went to Yore Country Home in Gotham, WI.... I got this sweet colonial lamp... thought it would look great on top of my pie safe.....

I think it fits right in......I can tell hubby I have "always" had it! Giggles!!!!!


This new table square in Tomah, it's Family Heirloom... Had never seen this pattern before... perfect for the blue and yellow kitchen... I love that it's 2 layers, so it's reversible!!!!


Few more goodies... several the FHW squares, love them... great tucking here and there, and they are CHEAP!!! So one can get too many???? Also, a couple of fun tinsel garlands, thinking ahead to....well...you know... I don't want to say it yet!!!!!

Great old tote... I have some thoughts for this... sometimes it's so hard to use totes just right...So I might not put it out until after....well....you know..... Then there's that sweet little child's toy stove... one of my "fave's".... I have collected several vintage child/doll house size goodies... I need to find the "perfect" stop for a little display..... Then the vintage plastic Santa in the sleigh....

Great little crock pitcher... super sweet.... not sure where that's going yet..... I have been cleaning.. collecting up a couple of "items" to thin out just a BIT.... that will go to the shop to sell....Never easy to part with anything... But as my taste changes and leans more primitive... there are things that just aren't my "fave's" anymore... I am so lucky to have a outlet to sell them at.....anyway.... you don't need the details on that stuff....lol..


AND THEN THERE IS THIS....Are you ready!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!

YUP! My Lamp!!! I love it!!! It is just what I was looking for!!! it's PERFECT!!! Love, Love, Love it!!!!!

So there is more little stuff... some old buggy wheels to do something with....Several presents bought for...well... you know....Couple of little enamelware pieces... one was a little strainer spoon, and a little measuring cup that measures tsp & tblsp.. .... So there you have it... This is how I managed to spend all my money! So I would call that a good trip! Off to clean up a bit more...then really, I need to start crafting, I am SO far behind...for...well you know! OLM

21 comments:

Robyn ♥ said...

Love both of your lamps!! You got some great goodies! Glad you are feeling better! Too much excitement, huh? ;)
Have a great rest of the weekend!

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Ohhhhh I love all your goodies Marie. I have the same Whalers lamp - it sits on my table at the kitchen entry...arent they the best.

I have never seen that design from FHW's either...very interesting.

You did great Lady.

Karen

Lee Hill Primitives said...

Great findings! Love both lamps.

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Love all your treasures.
And your lamp is Awesome!!
Hugs,
Tam

Ps. I was so so excited to see ya in the new Prims magazine!!
YEAH!!!!
Congratulations on the article.

CRAFTY STITCHERS said...

Great finds, love that lamp. And it is never too early for "you know". Have a great weekend!

Trace4J said...

OOOOOOOOOOHLALALA lovin that lamp..
Great finds and great trip.
Hugs Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Rugs and Pugs said...

I am trying to hook a few things for "you know". I don't want to say it either.
Love your lamps!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

TheCrankyCrow said...

Personally, I think it's ALWAYS too early for....well...you know.... ;o) Love your wonderful finds - your lamps are awesome...and that tote would be made right at home here in Nod. Glad you're feeling better - now get back to the 100% part....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin (PS - Love all your vintage style papier mache pieces!!)

basketsnprims said...

Marie, I love all of your treasures. That big lamp is awesome, I so need one or two of those. Mine just aren't cutting it, lol. So glad to hear you are feeling better. It's too bad when we are sick that the cleaning fairy doesn't show up.
hugs,
pam

Green Creek Primitives said...

Well Marie looks like you had a great trip full of fantasitc treasures to bring home. I have one of those whaler lamps to, just love it, really like the other lamp, finding the perfect prim lamp is hard. Yes I am in the middle of doing you know what for the next season, its going to be here before you know it, what happened to September! Take care, Hugs Vicky

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Wonderful finds Marie!!!
Tomah is one of my favorite places to go for primitives! Did you go to the Market Place???
Love the lamp!!!
Hope you get to 100% soon!
Prim Blessings
Robin

nancy huggins said...

Love all your goodies but especially the lamp. Isn't it funny how our tastes change and it is still hard to part with some things. I wish I still lived in WI and then maybe we could get together...seems like all my blogger friends are miles and miles away.
Have a great Sunday and Happy Crafting :)

BumbleBeeLane said...

Both the lamps are wonderful.I'm drooling over the Halloween though.Great pieces.Warm Blessings!~Amy

renee said...

WOWSERS! Love the lamps! You all had fun, and I also love the little stove, I have one like it, it's in my front garden with some little flower people the boys got me one year. Yours looks better than mine! LOL!
I love all the weavers stuff, I have to purchase a few things sometime.
Good luck with the crafting!
Hugs,
Renee

Beckyjean said...

Great goodies!! Love the lamps!!

Have a great Sunday~Becky

Farmhouse prims said...

I love your goodies Marie, I love anything from Family Heirloom, my mouth is drooling. And your lamps are awesome. When my husband looks at something of mine, he says it that new, I say oh, I have had it for awhile. He He And of course a good sale, you know us girls. He He
have a great day, love your decorating. Hugs,Lecia

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Morning... thanks for the giggle.. I always think its to early to say the well you know words in October..I mean What ever happened to Halloween and Thanksgiving? Oh yea they are now in July and August..!!
Beautiful Lamp I can see how that is your Fav!!

Looks like you spent your money perfectly.. Way to go girl!

Have a Great Week!

Hugs
Tonya

frontporchprims said...

I would consider that a good trip. I am glad you are feeling better enough to "play" with your new toys. The lamp is sooo beautiful. Have fun finding places for all your wonderful treasures. -Steph-

Bittersweet and Ivy said...

What wonderful finds!! I looked up Gotham WI and it's only 2 1/2 hours away... seeing what you found, I would say it is worth the trip!

Thanks for sharing!

Laura

~Sara said...

Love all of your treasures!! How wonderful to be able to do a little tweaking, how fun. Blessings ~Sara

lilraggedyangie said...

Happy tweaking my friend , am so loving all your loot but that new lamp is sooooooo perfect love it , cant say I can blame ya for coming home broke ! hugs lilraggedyangie