Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy October! Few pictures... 5 DAYS TO BAGS!!!!

WHAT a BEAUTIFUL! DAY!!! FINALLY! Sun is out finally... very few clouds in the sky! NO RAIN!!! After 6 days of rain, finally a much needed break!
I spent some time finishing up my fall /Halloween decorating... cleaning after the STY called pumpkin creating... OOPS... already made new messes... Why even bother??? I always start a new mess.....
So a quick tour of a few area's in OLM's homestead....then it's off to create a few snowmen and I have a idea for a Angel....better do it before I forget! Oh this brain....... My little farm table that acts as a coffee table...Mom's baby doll... the picture is my mom as a young girl receiving this doll for Christmas! How much fun is that... just found this picture a little bit ago.....WONDERFUL penny rug from Karen, from My Colonial Home... And a pumpkin made from turkey hollow folk art....

Top of the pie safe in the front room......

I have a thing for tables I think.... another little table in the front room.... I painted the lantern many years ago.....

Look at the pumpkin doll!?!?!?!?! LOVE HIM! I was lucky enough to get him off eBay from Kimberly at the red cupboard!!! Little witch is from Dru at cinnamon creek....(see a pattern here... I don't keep my own work...)


This is where I finally hung the wasp's nest... Love this thing... Hubby thinks I'm nuts... So what else is new???? Told him last night there are some that would of paid a lot money for a nest like this!!!! He told me to sell it! LOL

Few dolls from my gal pal Barb from the primitive oswald! Have you see PRIMS magazine yet??? Her doll is on the cover!!!!!! Waiting for mine.. GETTING MAD! I am in there... 4 pages I heard!?!?!?!?!! UGH! Supposedly my magazines are lost... they are sending new ones! OK, just going to say it...DAMN!

I spy the little stitchery done by Pam at baskets n prims.....

Love that green witch... Becky from primitive n stitches made that for me in swap!


OH YES!!!! The count down has began!!!! 5 days to our annual "bags are loaded" trip!!!! Why do we call ourselves "bags"... not sure.. Queen a little help here??? How did that start... I know it means are bags are packed and ready to go!!! anything else???? Look at happy hour! Can't wait! I have to say thanks to everyone that gave a pumpkin a good home this fall! you should know I will spend that money well on BAGS!!!! HEHEHEEHHE


Here's the mess before "bags" collecting a few things that need to go! you can bet the "QUEEN" is looking at this.. blowing up this picture up to see all that I am bringing, and what little tricks might be hiding there there! yes there is orange duct tape QUEEN! We have to keep her in line some how! LOL!
So if you see me in Wi..next week... look the other way! LOL... grown women shouldn't---- well yes they should ---behave this way! OLM

12 comments:

renee said...

OMG! Marie! I LOVE all your displays! Too fun girlfriend! I would be upset too, I hope your magazines show up soon. I just KNOW you 're going to have a blast with your fellow baggers! Enjoy yourself!
Hugs,
Renee (give Knuckles a pat from me!)

Robyn ♥ said...

4 PAGES!! CONGRATS!! I am going to Barnes and Noble today and going to look for that magazine!
How perfect you found the picture of your Mom receiving that wonderful dolly!
Have a wonderful trip! I so envy that! Enjoy and be crazy!!

lilraggedyangie said...

O I so gotta get my lil raggedy fingers on that magazine have never ever even seen it around here go figure...Orange duct tape ...hmmm sounds like this just might be the "bags " trip to beat all others ! lol If I dont talk to ya before ya go , have a safe trip, drink lots of extras for me , and for goodness sakes woman HAVE A BLAST ! Until then stay warm and enjoy the weekend! hugs lilraggedyangie

lilraggedyangie said...

O how could I forget , I LOVE all your displays ...but you already knew that ! lol

Kimberly said...

Oh, Sam looks so happy and cozy in your beautiful home!!!! So glad you love him! All your pics are WONDERFUL!!! SOUNDS LIKE SOOOO MUCH FUN!!!!! Thank you for sharing your happiness!!! Enjoy your day! My Best ~Kimberly

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Congrats on the magazine!!! Wonderful displays~ you can create awesome goodies & you have Wonderful Taste!!!!
Have fun bagging!!!
smiles
Teresa

BumbleBeeLane said...

I love the wasp nest to.Yep I see them at the antique mall for like $30...Wonderful displays.Your mamma;s doll how lucky to have her.Hugs!~Amy

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
Love all the pictures. Thanks for sharing! How cool is mom's doll and the picture of her getting it???
Congrats on the magazine.
Let the countdown begin!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ohhh....I'm so loving everything I'm seeing! Fun, fun, dolls and collections! Love, tho, that you have your mum's doll and that photo - how priceless....Gee....you're really coming to Wisconsin....Yikes...Will we ever be the same?? ;o) Have a great weekend! Smiles & October Hugs ~ Robin

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh - and big congrats on PRIMS!! Still trying to track down a copy....

Farmhouse prims said...

Love your displays Marie, I can hear your girls laughing now on your bag trip!!! I want to see pictures again of your vehicles loaded down. Have an awesome time, Hugs, Lecia

Beckyjean said...

Lovely displays!! Have a great time visiting Wisconsin!! Leave some goodies for me!!

Have a great night~Becky