Sunday, September 18, 2011

Who's up for a Ornament Swap?

OK, FINALLY! Details on a ornament swap I have decided to host.... I probably should have my head examined for doing this...LOL... But I think it will be fun!!! Now, I have never done anything like this before, so I hope I am not forgetting anything.... Here is how it all will work....
1. You MUST be a follower of my blog and I am familiar with you... comments, etc....
2.. To sign up you MUST email me at folkart94@msn.com telling you would like to participate. I will take participates until Monday, Sept. 26th....
3. ALL ORNAMENTS MUST BE HANDMADE and of a PRIMITIVE nature...nothing store bought... Now, you can purchase ornaments that have been handmade to be part of the swap if you are not crafty and want to play along.....We all like the same thing, so PLEASE remember to give as you would like to receive....
4. So the decision is yours... You can send one ornament... or up to 6... How it will work, is you will mail ME your ornaments once complete, 1, 2, 4 or up to 6... no more then 6, though... How ever many you send, you will receive that many ornaments back in return, make sense? Any questions, please feel free to contact me as well... Also, they don't have to be all the same...they can be all different if you choose....
5. ALL ornaments must be mailed and RECEIVED TO ME BY MONDAY NOVEMBER 7th... that gives all of us about 7 weeks to create... Then give me about a week to get everything split back up and shipped out to you. Just in time for your Holiday decorating....
6. MOST IMPORTANT PART... I WILL NOT BE PAYING THE SHIPPING ON THESE.. SO YOU MUST INCLUDED ENOUGH MONEY TO HAVE YOUR BOX RETURNED BACK TO YOU, CASH PLEASE... NO MONEY FOR SHIPPING, NO ORNAMENTS... I am not a rich gal, and can not afford to cover shipping costs. Please understand...
7. Make sure the box you use has a little bit of room for ornaments to be returned to you in,since not all ornaments are the same size... I WILL BE USING THE BOX YOU SHIPPED IN to return your surprise ornament box back to you! AND PLEASE include a return shipping label with your address that I can attach to the box....
8. I am asking that the ornaments all come with a card or a noted that states who made it, your blog or email so when everyone shows them off we know who to thank. They could be wrapped up in say clear cellophane bags... KEEP IT SIMPLE... I will try to make sure everyone doesn't get 2 of the exact same ornament...so it will help if I can see them on some level and not unwrapping them... that's no fun... I am trying to keep this fun for everyone... SO are you game... Want to play along, please email me... What fun will it be to receive a little surprise with several new ornaments for your tree this year!?!!?
I will give my home address in emails, not here on blog land....
I hope I didn't forget anything, I am excited about giving this a try and hope some of my blogging buddies want to swap! OLM

13 comments:

BumbleBeeLane said...

Sweetie~ How much are you thinking for shipping? I'm never in a big hurry so first class or parcel post is fine by me.Maybe do a price for 1-3 ornies and 3-6 ornies.I'll know in a few days if I can do it,Dad is not doing so well since the surgery(more mentally than physical I think) I really want to do it so hopefully I can work it in.Hugs!~Amy

basketsnprims said...

Hi, Marie ~ I think I'll be game. My arm feels better each day. I'll shoot you an email. Sounds like lots of fun & who doesn't love handmade prim ornies??
hugs,
pam

lilraggedyangie said...

Woo hoo I WANT IN PLEASE PRETTY PRETTY RAGGEDY PLEASE OLM???? Ill shoot ya an email tomorrow afternoon ! this will be super cool and fun ! Hope you have a fab week ! hugs lilraggedyangie

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Wish I could Marie, but orders are coming in and I don't know how I would do the ornaments justice!
Great idea though!

Karen

Beckyjean said...

I'm in!! Off to send you an email.

Becky

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

I'm in!
I'll email ya my information soon.
Hugs,
Tam

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, sure sounds like fun and that is so sweet of you to do this. But this time I will pass, too busy and too much going on, but thanks for hosting this swap. Hugs, Lecia

TheRustyThimble said...

Marie I will join in off to send you an email now
Brenda

Trace4J said...

Morning!
I just started to watch my little granny boy and thought I cant do this..Oh but I want too..Just 2 I can handle ..Too much fun to miss out on. WHat a great idea..Thank you..
Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

nancy huggins said...

Hi Marie..I just emailed you about the swap and would love to be included..I will make mine but if I see anything really cool at the craft sale in Oct I might pick some up there too.
Thanks for doing this ...I think it will be fun :)
Nancy

Lee Hill Primitives said...

Count me in, sound so fun. I will email you my info during the day. See you.

Carmen at Primcats said...

Ok... I have pondered this for a few days... and I'm in! I will email you! :)

Thanks for hosting. This is my first ornie swap in blog land so it should be fun!

Carmen and the Primcats

Kerri Arthur said...

Hi Marie,
I have heard of your blog and I thought I was a follower, but I guess I am a new follower!

I would LOVE to take part in this swap, so I will see if you will let me join.

I do several swaps, I am currently doing an ongoing swap with Char Sethman form Pickled pepper Patch blog and I have swapped with Misi in the past. (LOVE those pumpkins you made by the way and the ones you won from Misi, AWESOME!)

Please let me know if I made it!

Hugs!
Kerri