Thursday, September 1, 2011

90+ degrees and Pumpkins.... Details, Details...

Holy hot one batman!!!! Oh my!!! I knew we weren't done with hot weather... but 90+ and humidity on Sept.1st, UGH!!!! Air's on and all I can thing about is pumpkins... decorating that is...What is it about fall....???? the colors???? cooler nights??? Hot chocolate with Bailey's in in??? Well those days are still a bit off.... but I did put a few pumpkins out..... In my new prim wagon that is.... Did I NEED this NOPE! Did I have room for it.... not really.... bigger then I thought....but I found a place for it for now..... made of course a bigger mess...AND with all the crafting going on... I really did NOT need more mess....LOL
So the worker's finished up our paver walk and border around the patio today. I am VERY happy with how it turned out!!! Now there is a mess in the backyard too! I just can't win! LOL!!!

No good angle to show it all at once... here was the work in progress the other day....


Here is the path that comes off the patio door and steps to the service doors on the garage and "man cave".....

and then around the patio.... when we realized the patio was a bit small....sigh.. and talked about putting the paver's around the patio. I wasn't sure how it would look... though the paver's were FREE! So.... I have to say I am very happy and pleased on how it looks! They might not of been the paver style I would of picked out, but again FREE talks!!! LOL!!!! I am so glad this is done and not hang over hubby's head to do it... Now maybe he will build me my little storage outhouse???LOL


Now, a Few DETAILS!!!! Yes, I will be having a blog sale and will host the ornament swap.... First the Sale... it will be Tuesday, Sept 6th... I was going to do it Monday, then realized OOPS, Holiday.... So Tuesday, about 4pm... it will be first come to my email for those that might be interested.... I am creating a few things just for this sale.....


And of course in the "spirit" of teasing....LOL... few things waiting for a few more details to finish them up......

Later next week, after I get a bit organized on swap details, I post those as well......Though one thing for sure... you will have until very early November to get the ornaments to me, etc......


Now for another FUN detail! My Prim Gal Pal, Barb of the Primitive Oswald has started up a Picture Trail and is having her first sale this Friday at 7pm! She makes WONDERFUL, one of a kind prim and extreme prim dolls.... So if you get a chance to peek.... go here at 7pm tomorrow!!! Stay cool! OLM


15 comments:

Tina's Primitive Attic said...

I so love your wagon with the pumpkins in it.. I definitely need a bigger house so I can decorate more... teehee.. We were in the 90's for a couple days and now it's been in the 70's, rained and thunderstormed last night but it's still nice and comfortable today...Your backyard looks great..You are horrible to tease like that.. teehee... so can't wait to see what your goodies are.. Have a great day! Hugs, Tina

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Love your patio.
The brick edging just sets it off wonderfully.
I know, it has been blazing hot down on this end too.
I think Hubs said it will be here til Sun or Mon then cold front moving in.
It was so nice the beginning of the week, had my windows open day and night.
I want that weather back!
Hugs,
Tam

Cheryl said...

Love the patio and really love that prim wagon and the pumpkins sure look good in it!
Too damn hot here, too!! 90+
Waiting to see what you have for sale on Tuesday.
Have a great weekend,
Cheryl

renee said...

Hey FREE is nice! I like it! Love your wagon too and all your goodies!
I know it's way too hot! I can't stand it! Must be hormones! LOL!
Have a great night!
Hugs,
Renee

basketsnprims said...

Hi, Marie ~ it was quite warm here today too, close to 90 but I'll take it. I know come winter I'll be whining about the cold and snow, lol. Love your wagon & your pumpkins look great in it. Your yard and patio look perfect and free is the way to go. Love the looks of your prim witch of what I can see, you big tease. Have a safe and happy holiday weekend. I started my decorating today too & it seems I always make a huge mess, you move one thing then you have to move 10 more. I'm sure I'll be joining the ornie swap since you are giving quite a bit of notice.
hugs,
pam

Beckyjean said...

Hi Marie~

Love your new wagon & your patio is great!! Can't wait to see what goodies you'll be selling. Have a wonderful weekend!!

Hugs~Becky

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
LOVE the wagon!!! Dear friend, "NEED" has NOTHING to do with it...lol!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Susan said...

The Pumpkin Wagon looks great! I'm glad you found room for it. Wagons and pumpkins are
wonderful together. Your patio and walkway
came out very nice. The patio looks big!
Warm Regards,
Susan B., Western MA

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Hot and humid here in WI too.
Awesome wagon ~ prim perfect!!!
Such a tease you are!
Love the way the patio and walkway turned out ~ even have a flower bed!
Hope you have a fun filled holiday weekend!
Prim Blessings
Robin

TheCrankyCrow said...

LOVE your wagon and pumpkins...so is that going to be in your blog sale?? ;o) Seriously...like I'd have room for it either!! But...if there's a will, there's a way! Your new pavers are looking good...must feel good to have "project done..." Stop teasing you tease. I mean it! Happy September! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

love that wagon full of pumpkins..and love your new brick..looks so nice..have a wonderful weekend.;)

The Moonlit Stitch said...

If you wouldn't have bought that wagon...well WHO KNOWS WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED, Marie?!!! Thank goodness you did. Whew. Definitely the Bailey's..in coffee! Pavers lookin' good - enjoy your weekend! ~*~Lisa

Trace4J said...

Love the new wagon! Looks stinkin cute! Why is it everything we do a mess is included..UGH! We need Samantha Stevens nose..lol..
Lovin your pumpkins on your header
Hugs Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

LibbiesHome said...

I LOVE the little wagon! My husband and I were driving past a lawn sale and I saw one kind of like that. He kept driving. Dang it. That is awesome with the pumpkins and lights!
I also LOVE the pavers. I totally get the free thing. And getting your husband to let someone come do the work - priceless. I love when jobs like that get finished. :)
I am going to start working on ornies now for the swap. Sounds like fun to me. :)

Jennifer @ Stitchin' Thyme said...

I love everything!!! I have been wanting to do a walkway like that. Maybe one day!!! Looks fantastic