Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Post of a lot of nothing.....LOL.....

Happy Monday afternoon everyone!!!!! I know I have been MIA quite a bit lately.... such a busy gal, creating, receiving a few orders and filling them as well! Today feels like the start of fall here... mostly rainy, a bit cool, and a hint of leaves starting to change ALREADY...... Though heat and humidity coming back tonight.... so summer is by no means is over!

I didn't get any crafting done over the weekend... Had to clean for the year end softball party we have every year. I couldn't let anyone in with the way it looked and stuff everywhere! Is anyone a neat craftier?

So look at all the batting I have for my crafts AGAIN! YIPPEE!!! I was getting very low and getting concerned that all crafting was coming to a complete holt pretty quick.... So here's the story on this.....LOL.....
I have been a fan of ONLY Morning Glory fiber fill! Most of us are, you could only get it at good old...not really, Walmart.... well last year they stopped carrying it.... UGH! Truly I hate Wamart, they really don't' care about their customers...just the bottom line, and the bottom line, they were not making enough on Morning Glory so they stopped carrying it and started carrying crap fiberfill...... So anyway.... what's a gal to do??? Well come to find out you can get it from Marshall dry goods...Problem, SHIPPING... Only way to get around that is to order 20 boxes, 100 lbs of fiberfill.... Which is what I finally did last July... BUT, I don't live in a large home, and no basement..... Trying to figure out where to put all those boxes....Well, Alex was away at school until December, so there is where the boxes went....... So I was down to my last 3 boxes...Dreading ordering 20 more boxes... and I heard on FB, they changed their formula.... so I didn't want to get 20 boxes and hate it...UGH! What's a gal to do??? Pumpkins need to be made! LOL.....
Well one crafting buddy suggest Monetary Mills in Janesville WI.... Very similar to Morning Glory.... and Cheaper...BUT you have to go get it... Shipping will kill ya...ok, I 'm about 2 hours away... I can do that... and it takes a bit to get it...they are so busy from this Walmart mess.... It was thought this amount would of cost about $100 to ship...
So here it is, got the call yesterday morning 60 lbs ready for pick up... Had to wait 3 weeks.... Hubby was home.... beautiful weather...lets go for a ride... Off we went... Didn't stop anywhere... and most shops are closed on Monday, away....Just there and back... Tossed it all on Alex's bed as a joke...LOL... I won't say what he said when he saw it, but you can guess! LOL!!!! So let more creating begin! And hiding places to hide it... though I think this will be easier then 20 boxes...

So rain was coming in this morning after Knuckle's walk... I decide to take a few quick pictures.. Wanted to share my pumpkin, or gourkin vine as I am calling it.... No gourd tree this year, Misi, but I have gourkins!!! LOL..... I didn't plant this vine, just came up. Wasn't doing much all summer, let it go.... and all of sudden it's taken over! And pumpkins are all long, not round and coloring I have not seen, except in gourds..... I really think a pumpkin seed and gourd seed cross germinated.... I don't know.... but there are 6 of them out there if they don't get stolen....


See the coloring of them....
Look at this one... looks like it has all it's color already. I am really thinking we are going to have a early fall here.... as long as it lasts a long time, that's ok, and no snow!


another one starting to get some color to it.....


My lone Sweet Annie plant with Knuckles surveying the yard... Can anyone tell me how to preserve it?

Morning Glories opening up.....


One lone Clome plant... this summer heat was hard on all my seedlings.....


Few moonflowers still open this AM.... so many more coming.....


Look at the the flower heads on this one just waiting... this one came up in a crack in the cement on the side of the house... just let it go, and it's my biggest plant... so figure.... many Moonflowers to come in the next couple of days.....


So there you have it, nothing to exciting..... but fall is in the air.... I am thinking a few fall goodies must come out this week!!!! I am sorry I haven't been out in blog land much... I read quick, very few comments, please forgive... I will visit very soon...... I am also thinking.... I will see how it goes within the next 10 days or so, I would like to have a blog sale of a few of my creations to share with you if you are interested... Details to come soon! Have a great night! OLM

15 comments:

Penny said...

Love your flowers -- the moonflower is pretty (never saw that one before) and the morning glories are an old favorite -- always so lovely......

Your gourkins are fabulous! I love them -- they will be fun to decorate with. And maybe you'll start a new craze.... everyone will be wanting your gourkins for their fall decorating!

I've read so many posts about the Morning Glory fiberfill not being sold anymore by Walmart.... I can't believe they won't carry it knowing how many people seem to prefer that kind. Hope your new stuff fits the bill, and that you can go tell Walmart to pound salt!!

Have a nice evening....

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, I need to find me some good batting, I sure have been going through alot of those little bags. He He I love all of your flowers, my moom flower is really growing, I can't wait until it blooms. Your flowers are lovely!! That Knuckles is the cutest! Have a great eve. Hugs, Lecia

Roberta (Cottonwood Lane Primitives) said...

Our Walmarts got rid of their crafting departments. I ordered six big boxes of stuffing several years ago and still have some in my basement. I may have to put it in my will. ~Roberta

CRAFTY STITCHERS said...

I've heard the rumor that Walmart is going to start selling morning glory filling and some fabric, not sure if I believe it. My friend ordered some of the Morning Glory and the formula had changed, it was gray, something about the petroleum they use. Happy crafting with your new fiberfill.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
Great pics of your flowers!
As for the sweet Annie...when I had it I just cut it and hung it upside down in bunches or even put it upright in crocks and it will dry just fine. Just don't pick it too early.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Bama Planter said...

You are right. Squash, pumpkins, and gourds can't be planted near each other, or the bees will visit the blooms of all three at the same time and some crazy things can happen. Sometimes the results can be very interesting. Marshel

TheCrankyCrow said...

I thought I heard that Walmart was bringing Morning Glory back to their stores?? Haven't checked our locals yet, as it is not on my "shopping list" because I am not a stuffing kind of crafter...(Oh I wish....) Your blooms are looking loverly....don't you have problems with moon flowers taking over everything?? Love, love, love the gourkins!!! Now I wanna grow some! (And gee....weird to think that you're closer to Janesville than I am - and I LIVE in Wisconsin!!) Yikes! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

nancy huggins said...

Love the Gourds/pumpkins..You know they might sell well if you can get them to dry like a gourd. I was told to tie the Sweet Annie in bunches and hang upside down in a dry place to dry them.. I have alligator plants coming up in a crack in the sidewalk up against the house but I think I should dig them up or they will die.
Take care..You must live up near where I used to. I used to buy a lot of stuffing in Harvard..can't remember name and lost their card :(

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

you can get that morning glory fiberfill from amazon..like 5 boxes and one is free..great price too;) ordered some last year..

Cheryl said...

Good Morning! I just bought the "crap" fiberfill at Walmart and really don't like it. May have to check that out at Amazon like Cat Nap Inn did!
Your gourkin is very interesing, I like it. I have a moon flower also that is very large and full of blooms. Love your other flowers, too.
You can tie the sweet annie in bunches and hang or just put upright in a crock and it will dry for you that way, too.
Have fun,
Cheryl

Mary said...

Hi Marie, just sent you an email on how to preserve sweet annie, so check your email. Love your gourds/pumpkins.....makes me want to grow some....Have a great day! Hugs Mary

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Hi, Marie
Love the story about the fill~ but love it even better where it ended up~ giggles!!!Glad you could find some~ Because you need to keep making adorable pumpkins!!!
Pretty flowers~ that pumpkin/gourd is so different~ so neat looking~
Looking forward to your sale~
smiles
Teresa

renee said...

Marie~ GEE, and you think your life isn't interesting! LOL!
I love the fill story! I like the MG too~ and I am also not a fan of Walmart~but my understanding was that they had it. I haven't bought any in awhile, but I have about three boxes left,they carried it because the only Joanns' is over in the next town,which is quite a ways away, so the only reason I would go there was to get the fill.
I have been busy, just haven't been creating yet. Have to start on my next swap though. I haven't grown Sweet Annie before, I did get some moonflowers though from a friend of mine, I have never had them either. Hope they are as pretty as yours are!
I hope you have a good week! I thought of you this weekend when my hubby bought some GRAIN BELT beer! LOL! I told him about the saga of the beer!
Hugs,
Renee

deb said...

what wonderful pictures...thank you for sharing!!!! and I LOVE the pic of all thoe pumpkins and witches..LOVE!!!

Beckyjean said...

Hi Marie~

Love all your pretty flowers. Most of my look half dead~getting ready to toss them. The mums in the store are looking pretty appealing.Lovin your pumpkin/gourds. I've been staying off the blogs this past week too so that I can try to get some things done~not having much luck there. Glad you're doing well with your pumpkins!! Love your misfits!! Thinkin Becky might need one to share here chair with.

Have a great weekend~Becky