Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Swap Goodies from Pam....and....

FINALLY!!! Cooler temperatures!!! Windows open and fresh air!!!! Now.....thoughts of all things orange and black... Did ya catch my new picture...well how could ya miss it.... Instead of saying " I see dead people" "I see pumpkins".... and I need to make more.... I think all of us are ready for cooler temps after this hot summer... maybe not all fall brings, but a few teaser's at least!!!!

So Pam from basketsnprims and I have talked about doing a swap since the Spring, then we both got busy and you know how it goes... But we finally got together and I received a few goodies from Pam yesterday!!! Oh my, I was spoiled and so love everything!!! thanks Pam! I haven't had a chance to put them in a great place yet. Spent the day running from shop to shop, taking in Pumpkins of course and a few antiques at the Primitive Chick and Poppy Seeds.... So everything was tucked so nice in one of Pam's wonderful baskets!!!!

Great Halloween cross stitched pillow, LOVE IT!!! Well, I love it all... I love that it says "she was wicked" HEEHEHEHEHE


Great little make a do doll... and beeswax ornies!!! Some dried yarrow and sweet annie!!!! Thanks Pam for being such a great swap partner!!! We are already talking about doing one for the Holidays!!!!

Then I just wanted to show you this guy that came in the mail for me today!!! Love him! Purchased him from Wendy at Pineberry Lane! I so love her work and her patterns! They are my favorite to work from. This guy was on early work mercantile and I just had to give him a home!!!

He's perfectly prim and fits right in!

I am with everyone around in blogland... don't want to rush fall, but so in the mood to bring a few things out.....Just a couple of teaser's..... I am just so glad that it's cooled off a bit, it's been so, so hot, ugly hot! we needed a break, and I hope everyone else is getting one too!!! Off to watch the rest of wipeout... It's amazing what some will do for $50,000! OLM

17 comments:

Robin said...

Love your pumpkins, gifts and OH My that hog scraper pumkin is COOL!!!! I saw then also!
Have a great evening.

CRAFTY STITCHERS said...

Love that little cross stitched pillow, great swap items. I'm with you, fall can't come soon enough.

Penny said...

Great swap gifts from Pam -- LOVE the little cross-stitch pillow.....

I purchased one of Wendy's Pumpkin Make-do's also!! Haven't received it yet, but I know I will love it.... She does offer some of the best stuff.

I have some bittersweet in a basket that I usually keep out all year -- just love the color. Pulling out a few gourds for the DR, but that is the extent of my somewhat "fall-ish" decorating for right now. I have to wait until Sept. 1 (I am somewhat OCD about that kind of thing!), although I am very anxious to get it all out!

Have a peaceful evening....

Shirlee said...

Great swap goodies you got there Marie! I've gotta do me a swap one of these days : ) Blessings, Shirlee

Lee Hill Primitives said...

Love your pumpkins and witches in your Blog picture.WOW, your swap was amazing. LOve everything that you got. Enjoy them.

Patti said...

Fantastic Swap! And your header - oh my goodness gracious! I love everyone of those pumpkins and witches! I was coveting those pumpkin head make-dos, but wasn't quick enough to buy one... Enjoy yours - it's wonderful!
Blessings, Patti

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

Everything is watermelon and sweet corn around here for August--then tractor shows start and fall will be official. No point in rushing it. It is still pretty hot here.
Beautiful swap gifts! Love Pam's baskets and stitching.
Praying for rain......
★Linda★

basketsnprims said...

Hi, Marie ~ I love, love your header! Awesome work and I'm the one that was spoiled. I'll be posting pics hopefully today. I'm so happy you like your swap goodies. You were lucky to score one of wendy's pumpkins, her work is awesome, I have a few pieces of hers. So very glad it cooled off for you. It has been cooler here too but is supposed to be in the 80s today. Have a grand weekend and thanks so much for such a fantastic swap.
hugs,
pam

cottageprims said...

OLM~ Wonderful goodies from Pam I've just about got a package ready to send her.You are both so talented.Love the orange pumpkins with the teeth and noses in your header,the witch dolls are wonderful too.Heck it's all wonderful.I'm ready for fall too.I'm always ready for fall though.The warm colors,cool crisp days,smells and just a little bit spooky who can resist? I'm trying my darnest to hold off till sept to put my stuff out.I have a bunch of new dolls I bought last year after fall that I can't wait to unpack.Warm Blessings!~Amy

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Love your new blog topper! Enjoy your new prim goodies and have a great weekend! ~*~Lisa

Beckyjean said...

Hi OLM~

Love your new blog header!! Your pumpkins & witches are perfectly prim!! Your goodies from Pam are wonderful. Love her baskets & the cross stitch fits you to a t~ Hehe!! We all know how Wicked you are with your teasing!! Looking forward to seeing the goodies you sent Pam's way.

Enjoy your weekend~Becky

TheCrankyCrow said...

Love the new header, Marie!! Those witches and pumpkins of yours are too fun...wish I could have a whole collection! And great swap with Pam - she is such a sweetie and I haven't seen a stitchery or basket of hers I haven't loved! I just finished up that very same cross stitch...Yeah!!! Glad to hear you got some respite from the heat - looks like the muggies are headed back to Nod....Have a great weekend! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

steph said...

You have such cute things. I am glad I stumbled upon your blog. I love Millie and Maude. They are to die for. I am glad Teresa won them. I can't wait to go through your blog. -Steph- www.frontporchprimitives.blogspot.com

lilraggedyangie said...

OLM ,
LOVIN THEM PUNKINS ! they are so cute your just so darn prim talented woman Love all your new goodies especially that stitchery ! have agreat weekend! hugs lil raggedy angie

Farmhouse prims said...

Wow, what an awesome swap, I love everything from Pam. She makes awesome prims. love her baskets, dolls and stitcheries!!! Have a great weekend my prim friend. Hugs, Lecia

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Hi, Marie
Girl love your goodies from Pam & Wendy!!!
Your pumpkins are too cute~ and the witch~HeeeeeHeee~
I agree don't want to rush it, but geesh, it has been down right miserably hot this summer~ I am so glad the temps broke~ I was able to be outside & not want to go running under a tree for cover, giggles~
But you can see the change is coming colors, temps in the evenings, sounds, and smells of fall creeping up on us~
have a great weekend~
smiles & hugs~
Teresa
PS Maude, Jackie,and Pumpkin Pie were all playing last night~ oh, my they are getting along~ bunch of bad eggs they are~ giggles~

renee said...

WOW! Marie! I love the pumpkins, and the witches! A hag after my own heart! LOL! I loves the witches!
Nice swap package you received, very cool!
Thanks for the advice on my blog, I think I think too much!
I hope that you have a good weekend.
Hugs,
Renee