Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bit of Eye Candy

I was going to post these pictures yesterday, but the day just got away from me.... Then I hoped to do it before now... But again, day got away... making pumpkins, boxing and shipping off goodies to those who ordered... life.... so anyway.....Thursday I worked at the Primitive chick in Dekalb, I thought I would share a few pictures of the shop...If you want primitive furniture in my area, there are some wonderful pieces here...SIGH... if I only had a bigger house...LOL.... The shop is always changing and many pieces don't stay to long.... click on them to make them bigger and see everything better..... So just a couple of random shots... here and there... You might even see a OLM doll or pumpkin sitting around... Got a text today telling me to make more pumpkins!!! Really, again more???!!! LOL... it's a good thing. I guess everyone is getting in the mood and the cooler temperatures we have had the last couple of days help. Took several pumpkins in when I worked... most are gone I am told, off to good primitives homes!






I spy a pumpkin?? this is a long piece, great chippy paint! Love it!






Image to try and work here and NOT buy a thing!!! It's so hard... usually doesn't work....


Oh how I LOVE this piece!!! A great step back... Can't believe it's still in the shop! Love the paint on it... IF I had a space for this one, it would be here already! BUT sadly I don't, so it's still in the shop looking for a good home....




Thought I would show this off too... went to a estate sale this morning.. Got a few small goodies.. still in the bag.... BUT I really bonded with this...


It's huge! 6 gallons... Got to talking to the girl who was having the estate sale, down sizing... she said this was her grandmother's. She remembers her grandmother using it, made great butter with it... Once I heard the story, I had to have it...Great history, just can't understand why anyone would part with it.... Love it!!! I have a small crock butter churn, I will take that one to the shop and sell it and keep this one...


Then lastly I thought I would give a quick peek to my Simply Primitives update tomorrow... Got it all organized... I am behind for Lemon Poppy Seeds. I hope to do that on Monday.



I see I have a few more new followers, WELCOME!!!! Everyone have a wonderful weekend... We had some rain today, it's really cooled off... feels like a fall night... waiting to see the moon, it will be a full one tonight again! Take a peek.... OLM

18 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a dangerous place to work Marie!! Does OSHA know about this?? ;o) I know your pain...I see, I have no room...I ache....Knew your pumpkins and witchies would be best sellers...I gotta get me a pumpkin yet before you're sick of making them...Glad you got a cool down...we're down right chilly here in Nod...Hope all is well - love your new churn!! I agree - how could she let that go with so many memories??? Your gain....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

annie said...

I love your photos, your posts make me smile!

CRAFTY STITCHERS said...

Oh, I wish I could visit that store. You are so lucky that you work there. We don't have any places like that down here.

nancy huggins said...

Wow..Love the pumpkins..I think I could work in a shop like that and not even know I have fibro :)
Where in IL do you live..My DD went to college in dekalb and had an apt there. We have lived in several towns up there and when we retired we lived in Belvidere,IL I wish I could find a shop to sell my stuff..Had it in a shop here and she NEVER advertized and just locked the doors when she felt the need to..she went belly up. Had some in a shop up near Belvidere and just to far away and got ripped out of about 100.00...guess you call it live and learn huh.
Your stuff is awesome and I hope to move to bigger house in a year or so and then I can display my stuff and enjoy it :)

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh that store is wonderful..trust me I would have been working there for free just to take stuff home..love the big old pumpkin pillow dude in the first photo..and like you..wish I had a bigger house to purchase all of those big wonderful vintage treasures.;)...love your update for SP..;)

BumbleBeeLane said...

Oh what yummylicious eye candy.I would be so tempted to buy if I worked there.Butter churn with history you had to have it for sure.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, I know you don't make any money working in that shop. he he I would have to buy something and spend all my earnings. I am sure you do too. I love your new butter churn, it is beautiful. And love all your new creations as usual, you do an awesome job on everything you touch. Hugs, Lecia

renee said...

I think it would be hard to do also! I saw several things I could bring home! Love all the creations, and don't you know~ the full moon brings out the freaks?! LOL! I hate working during the full moon! People are mean! Sadly, I am working this weekend and we have already had our fair share.
Hope you have a good rest of the weekend.
Hugs,
Renee

lilraggedyangie said...

OLM<
Wow YOU ARE SUCH A TEASE ! BUT I want you to know Im not frightfully awake now that I just got the $^&% shocked out of me drooling on my keyboard! :0) Happy punkin makin , I see why they sell out , they are so stinkin cute! Have a great day ! hugs lil raggedy angie

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Holy Cats! What a wonderful shop!
I'm drooling and thinking someday I'll have to make a weekend trip to IL.
Love Your Pumpkins!
Have a great day!
Prim Blessings
Robin

P.S. What a wonderful find ~ I can't believe she sold it.

Sheila said...

Definitely a dangerous place to work! Your pumpkins and other prims are great and that butter churn you really scored there! Enjoyed seeing pictures of everything. Hope you have a restful Sunday.
Blessings,
Sheila

Bama Planter said...

Marie, this is certainly all eye candy for me. Can you tell me what that large primitive step back cupboard is selling for in the store? I'd like to compare a price for something like that with what they would sell for here. It is a real beauty and would fit right in my kitchen. I love reading your posts! Marshel at Bamaplanter.blogspot.com

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
What a great shop! I could do some serious damage there. I'm like you, though. Really no room for any more furniture :(
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Robin said...

Great shop, I would be working there for free...paycheck would go to items bought! I spied all of your pumkins!! Have a great Sunday and I love the churn.

Lynn said...

Wow, I am so jealous!! Would love to have that shop here in NC!! Would love to go and spend hours just looking at all those wonderful goodies. Your new fall creations are so awesome. Enjoy your week!!
Hugs,
Lynn

frontporchprims said...

You have a great store. I could never work there. I don't think I would come home with a pay check but a huge bill. Eye candy is right. Thanks for sharing. -Steph-

Beckyjean said...

Hi Marie~

I see why you have a hard time not buying anything. I could do some serious damage to my wallet in that shop. Might have to visit it some day~probably not too far from home.

Have a great week~Becky

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Girl~ the shop is complete eye candy~ Oh, it would be so hard to resist!! The step back is a beaut!!
smiles
Teresa