Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Ugly Side to Estate Saling....HELP...and..Blogsale-THANK YOU!

I want to thank everyone who took the time to visit my blog during my blog sale and all of those who made a purchase! Hubby thanks you too... That means there is less "stuff" in the house, as he would say! LOL... Silly man, he doesn't realize that means room for "new" stuff!!! HEHE... Speaking of new stuff.... Oh wait that's a good story!!!! First I need some help....

Has anyone seen my goofy baby boy????? Look at this face, only a mommy can love, right?? Where is he I ask... This strange man keeps coming home from his "corporate" job.. walks right in, eats my food... yes, still leaves me a mess... One might think it's my baby, BUT... I say, my baby, waits until 5 minutes before needing to leave for work to get out of bed, this one gets up eats some breakfast....my baby, NEVER brushes his hair...this one does...AND shaves everyday, instead of like, every 10 days!! Goes kicking and screaming to cut his hair... Well.. wait, he hasn't don't that yet...This one wears nice clothes, sports a work blackberry now and a work laptop, oh ya goes to bed early instead of 3AM!!!!! Help, my baby has grown up!!!! SIGH! Now the bonus to this story... I have a few bills for you to start paying, NOW!!!! LOL

Now onto a story of OLM and hubby going to a estate sale yesterday!!! Oh my, the advertising for this sale sounds like some good stuff....so off we go.. got there about 10 minutes after it opens... walking up the property, can't see a house??? OK, everything looks like it's set up outside & in the garage... Oh my the "stuff" the craft stuff oh my...if I only still painted on wood!!! So I turn to the group running it and say "so everything is outside?" No there is more inside.... where is the house??? OH, it's behind the garage... it's a tiny cottage house... Now remember TINY!!!! So you can't see it until you look out past the garage... So there is a small line to get into the house, because it's TINY, so they are only letting a few people in at a time, that's OK... we got visiting with some of the others in line, goes by fast!!!! Oh wait... What I went there for.. I see leave.. SIGH... There goes that butter churn...I guess I didn't need it...

So we get inside, it's TINY, maybe 500 square feet, maybe a bit more home. Oh the antiques!!! This makes my heart skip a beat, good prices too! I like this company, they price things fair and to move! It's where I got the dry sink few weeks back.... ANYWAY, Of course I am finding a few things... Image that... We go into the bedroom... There "it" is... Oh my, my heart skips a beat!!! again, oh look at that price...skip,skip,skip!!! I turn to hubby, I have wanted "one" of these for years!!!! Probably 15 plus years... Go by to my days having a small shop, would see it at the gift show...longing, wanting....So first clue, it's not a antique..... Hubby being the most wonderful man that he is, then get it!!! REALLY??? I say, yes! Done... shame on me to ask twice.... we mark it sold and off to look at the rest of the "stuff"...one of the gals working will clean it off while we look.....Finally ready to leave.. we start to pull it out... Now, if you have never been to a estate sale before, the first thing you should know, is they DON'T help you move anything, it's all up to you, and I can't help... Just hubby... and this is a TINY house!!!! Now we ask this one woman to move out of our way, please... She's like "OH this is sold??? she had a tape measure in her hand... yes and it's leaving now... Patio door, blocked... have to out the back door, where the line is.... Well.. down the tiny hall way, moving things as we go, needed people to get out of the way so hubby does hit them with it!! Wondering what it is yet??? have you peeked at the picture??? I hope not, stay with me... It's going to get a bit funny.....

So to the door we are.... oh no, would go through the door... S$$$... I ask in line if there is someone that could help hubby a bit... First guy NO right away, that's fine... One guy steps up... everyone starting to says, it's NOT going to come out.... WELL, it has too, they got it in!!!! What went in must come out, right???? So there is one worker just standing there in this TINY, TINY kitchen, while hubby is struggling in this out!! AND just eating a bagel, I really wanted to hit her... Move a few things!!! Now, hubby is hearing from the peanut gallery, I want to see him get this out the door!!!! So hubby try's to take it over his head a bit to clear the cabinets, nope won't work. I finally say, I think the door needs to come the hinges... HMM..maybe.. then hubby decides to move the refrigerator over about 6-8 inches, BUT that means moving more "stuff" over too.. Then maybe the door will open more... The whole time commentary from the line...LOL.... One gal in line, was like really... that's what I was in line to look at.....HEHE!!! Yes, I am a spoiled brat! SO FINALLY hubby gets it out the door! VICTORY IS OURS!!! Well so we think!

Round 2.... Hubby off to get my car, I have a Ford Edge.... we don't have hubby truck... Because...
Of this! Remember... So it's in the shop, and really we were not buying anything BIG! Again, we should never shop together.... Hubby asks you think this will fit in the Edge?? Sure, it's not that big... I get in line to pay, hubby pulls up the car... Comments for those in line, with "this" item sitting there... oh how nice... how much??...oh great price!!! I say to hubby go ahead take it & put in in the car while I am waiting, you know to safe a bit of time.... LOL....
Off hubby goes starts to get it in the back...MMM... he's having a bit of difficulty... I am thinking, we might need to go get Alex's truck for this... But did I say this to hubby... well not yet... I look up in time to see this "item" FALL out of the edge and start to roll!!!! OMG!!! Did I just see that??? I yell, being the smart ass that I am.. " I hope that didn't break" I just get the "look"... OK, OLM, keep your mouth shut!!! Oh how nice, here come another man to help him!!! YIPPEE!!! I pay and finally see that "it's" in the car... As I come up to the car, I hear the man say "Good Luck Getting it OUT!" Hubby NOT to happy at the moment... He thought some of the helper's comments not necessary... LIKE... let me help, I have moved a few things in my day... like hubby hadn't... well it did not look to good to have it fall out of the car, BUT I KEPT MY MOUTH SHUT!.. Or as the helper wanted to take the covering off the back end that covers the spare tire and such... Hubby says, I think it's bolted down... helper starts lifting it... AND says again, this is your car, right??? Steam coming out of my usually very laid back hubby's ears!!! ANYWAY, it's in the car!! What went in must come out, RIGHT???? LOL

Part 3... I am beginning to think we will need to cut this out of the car... hubby took out the spare tire to give him more room... I SO STUPIDLY make a suggestion, I get the LOOK... off into the house... Really I should of had a picture of this in the back end of the car, BUT I was NOT going out there again.. FINALLY I hear doors closing, I HOPE it's a good sign, YUP, it's out... watch Knuckles, he's bringing it in!!!! YIPPEE!!!

PART 4 UH-OH... were am I going to put this??? Now, first with the blog sale the front room is a bit of a mess......
Boxes everywhere... taking pictures... leaving stuff out... Well, the ugly side of blogging no one shows.....LOL



There's hubby resting... Looking at me, WHAT ELSE IS GOING TO GO???? You can't make this work... Well... the mess isn't helping!!! Give me a minute! the rat in on the wheel... that is what I say when I am thinking....BUT I so love this piece! Did I mention I have wanted one like this for years and years???? Really, baskets anyone????




Even Knuckles is exhausted from it all!!!!




Hubby getting into the spirit of things... starting to see some of the humor of what just happened.. Really it fell out of the.....car??? I won't say what he really said!



So FINALLY you ask what did I get...... THIS!!!!!!!



It's a Johnston Bench works goose neck love seat rocking chair!!! Not crazy about the fabric, but it works,OK, with everything else and the wall colors. I just wish it didn't have the purple in it and it would be PERFECT!!! Doesn't it remind you of something that would be in Grandma's House?? See my new dollie... Just got that from Dru at Cinnamon Creek! How this didn't break when it fell out of the car and started to roll... go ahead, time to laugh, it could only happen to us!!!! SIGH!!! LMAO!!! I am off to sit in my new chair! Really should be cleaning up the room... well... we will see...






PS... I am shipping off most of the boxes from my sale today! Thank You again! There is still some goodies available if you haven't taken a peek.. See anything you can't live without, just email me folkart94@msn.com! And have a great weekend...



OH YA... Tomorrow night posting about my giveaway FINALLY!!! OLM

17 comments:

annie said...

Honestly, y'all act just like we do, we could rerun our own I Love Lucy show. Enjoy your rocker, the story & effort just make it sweeter! Hug your hubby extra tight, sounds like he's one in a million!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Hubby is definitely a keeper!!!
So glad you got what you wanted at a good price and even got it home in one piece :) Enjoy it. (I'm not a purple person either. One of my least favorite colors!)
Hugs :)
Lauren

LibbiesHome said...

Holy crow that is a great story! Your husband and mine could probably start a support group. :)
Love the new rocking chair - DEFINITELY worth the effort. And seriously, thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing the pictures of "the ugly side of blogging no one shows"!! Loved that. :)
Oh, and I saw the little pile of treasure I bought from you and my heart leapt up a bit. :)

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Thanks for the story. You made my day! I think it was worth all the effort of getting it home. That is a great find. Great pictures of the ugly side of blogging.....we are all the same LOL.
Have a great weekend.
Janet

cottageprims said...

Smile...You would be surprised what you can fit if you want it bad enough.My junk is usually tied to the roof though...Too funny could just see all those people able to be persnickety but not lend a hand...Have a great weekend!~Amy

Theresa said...

LOVE it!!! Your husband is a keeper. If it were my husband there would be some colourful language involved. LOL

TheCrankyCrow said...

You best be giving that OMM a lil extra lovin' and sugar for a few days...wow...Mine...well....let's say we had a somewhat similar experience fitting a cupboard "I didn't need and paid too much for" in a much too small vehicle a few years back in the pouring rain....Didn't end with a smile on DH's face like yours has....Love your story about your missing baby too....Wow....I've heard that can happen, but haven't ever known any one it's happened too before! ;o) Enjoy your weekend - and your new treasure! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Penny said...

Sounds like something that would happen to my DH and me!! So glad you got it -- I have one, too, and love it!! It's not a Johnson's Benchworks, however. But it is so nice and comfy, and one of my favorite pieces. Congrats to you
and hubby!!
Funny story about your son -- isn't it amazing when they actually become real adults??!!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Robyn~Primlish said...

What an awesome piece!!! Isn't that fabric the colonial flame stitch something or other..? I really love it!! Great story! Your hubby is a keeper!!!

Robin said...

Love the new piece..hubby is a sweetheart. Sounds alot like Lee, just there to carry packages and rearrange the car for more packages:)

lilraggedyangie said...

OLM ,
Im RoFLMFBO ! Thanks for the giggles , poor hubby and its bad when the dog is exhausted from it all! You gotta love though just how unhelpful some helpful people really are! I love it so worth the adventure! Sit and rock your cares away and enjoy the evening!hugs lil raggedy angie

Shirlee said...

Oh my, what an ordeal! Sounds like something me & John would do ... lol! In fact, I think we have : ) LOVE the seat! It was worth everything to get it home : ) Blessings, Shirlee

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, I am going to try to leave a comment again, blogger wouldn't let me yesterday.
Your children are like mine, different as day and night, and you wonder why, raised in the same house. Sometimes I wonder if there was a hospital mix up in the nursery, He He.
I love your story about the rocker, you tell the best stories.
I love it, it is beautiful and I love the colors, looks awesome with you new doll and FHW goodies.
Have a lovely day Marie, awesome find!! Hugs, Lecia

renee said...

Oh my gosh! LOL! Poor Ed! Give that man a few Grain Belts! LOL! I can't believe people, they would stand there and watch him struggle with it! Really~ SELFISH people! Shame on them!
Girl~ I am sorry for you both! LOL! I am glad you all made it home in one piece! Chair included! I think it's beautiful! I like the flame pattern, I wish I were a more trained professional seamstress~ I wouldn't be so scared to tackle trying to do mine on my own, I have a young whippersnapper for a friend and she's a sewer! I just can't seem to get our schedules coordinated! Gotta do that~ she says she'll help me and I need it! After doing the make-do, that was stressful! LOL!
My dilemma too now is the WHERE to put this and I will have to do some rearranging.
Ah well! Great find and I love your dolly from Dru! Did you see where I put Netty Too? Shes' the next post down.
Have a good one!
Hugs,
Renee

Beckyjean said...

Holy crap Marie!! I knew you had a great story to tell when you sent those pics!! Hehe!! You had to laughing so hard my hubby went WTF is so funny. Of course he wouldn't have thought it was funny at all. Needed another laugh today, so went back & read it again. Just as funny the second time.

Have a wonderful & relaxing Sunday.

Becky

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

you crack me up.....
I do know how ugly estate sales can get.
I've never seen a rocker like this, but I do love it! Is that the original cover? Doesn't look like it would be difficult to recover.

Loved your story...... I'll be on the lookout for another chapter.
★Linda★

Firecracker Kid said...

Oh heavens to Betsy. Your hubby sure worked for this one! That look on his face is worth a million, trust me I enlarged the pic... LOL. If you got this rocker at a good price, I'd say you could live with the fabric. I love it myself:) I guess now you can sit back in that awesome rocker and make a few comments from the pnut gallery yourself, since you have it and they don't;o)
Hugs~Carol