Tuesday, June 7, 2011

WOOSZERS!!!! It's a hot one!!!

Leave it to living in IL... outside of Chicago... No Spring, Just winter and summer! YIKES!!! May was the 3rd rainiest on record! And so cold.... Today's normal high... 77..... What we are at now... 95! It's a warm one! Now I am not complaining... but could there have been a bit of a build up here?

So what does one do on such a hot day???? Well... first you let Knuckle's attack the hose when you go out to water the wilting flowers......


Just maybe you dream of days like this??? Not a chance!!! I will take today over snow!!!!




BUT.... then I let the creative juices start flowing... Great day to take staining and painting outside! First day since the back procedure that I don't feel the need to go lay down every now and again! YIPPEE!!! Still not over doing it.... But I did get a few things done.....



Set up a work bench outside.... Started aging a few dolls.....The rat is on the wheel.... I have a few ideas on what to do with these gals.....



mmm.... I always get stumped at the clothes part... but then again.... I have a idea or 2....



They will dry in record time today! Then tonight they can get their details... By this time tomorrow we are looking at storms and temperature's are suppose to drop almost 30 degrees.... YUP 60's by Thursday... Got to love Chicago???... Stay cool everyone! OLM

15 comments:

Farmhouse prims said...

Stay cool Marie, I love your hot dog. Knuckes is so cute, labs usually love the water.
I like your dolls even without clothes, can't wait to see what you have up your sleeves for them. Hugs, Lecia

Beckyjean said...

I'm with Knuckles. If I'm gonna be outside today, ya better be soaking me with the hose. Did he chase any morning doves?? LOL I did some crafting indoors. I too wish we had some Spring temps. We went from cold to hot, hot, hot!!

Have a wonderful evening~Becky

Vicki said...

Knuckles is smart! It is hot here in Indiana also!

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

I'm with ya!
I'll take this hot humid Illiniois weather over snow anytime!
Tam

Firecracker Kid said...

Good job watering Knuckles:)
Not a big build up to our Summer either. That's a lot of snow! It's always fun to take your work outside if ya can. Glad to hear your back is feeling better. Take care:)
xoxo~Carol

Robyn~Primlish said...

One day we are grabbing a coat, the next it's blazing hot! I can use a cool down of 70*!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

I'll take this weather any day.
Don't want to see snow for awhile!
I love it when I can take my projects outside.
Enjoy!
Prim Blessings
Robin

cottageprims said...

Our fat beagle is constantly wanting in the pool.Hot here too we skipped spring and went straight to summer.I know the dolls will be wonderful when your finished.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Hi Marie, so glad your back is doing better!! We are hot in Texas too, the old ac is managing to keep up though. Look forward to seeing the finishing touches on your dolls.
Don't overdo now.8-)
Blessings,
Lorna

Traci said...

Hi Marie,

Glad to hear your back is giving you some relief! We will have your record temps today and then a cool down too. Can't wait to see your finished dolls...

Blessings,
Traci

Green Creek Primitives said...

Hi Marie, been hot here also in the upper 90's, trying to keep my flowers from dying. Love your work table, great idea, wondering what I could use. Perfect weather for things to dry quick. Love your dolls, the clothes part always stumps me a little also. You and Knucles try to stay cool which the temps would drop here, enjoy your cool down. Vicky

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Good morning Marie,
Glad things are coming back to normal for you!
I have 2 weeks left till mine.

I have two doll bodies I need to be working on - basically make clothes for them but it's not my niche so not sure if I want to do it...want a couple doll bodies????

Karen

Kimberly said...

Hi Marie, So glad to read that your back is feeling better. We too have mid 90s today!!!!!! Your dolls look sweet. Have fun! My Best ~Kimberly

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
Your weather sounds like ours here in northern Ohio. I think spring totally bypassed us, too. It's almost 8:30 pm and still 95 degrees, but I'm with you girlfriend. This is still better than snow.
Hugs :)
Lauren

renee said...

Marie,
Looks like you are having fun! Don't over do it! I am glad you are not in any pain, I know the heat is something! I would have to find something else to drink~ I can't do wine! LOL! I have tried, can't get past the smell and taste! I wish you the best for planning your events as well! I hope you all have good weather~ not too hot though. I have a few girls sitting here waiting to be finished, I just haven't felt like it. This cleaning and organizing is A LOT of work!
Have a great day!
Hugs,
Renee