Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tuesday Display Chain! Quilting Bee!

I am late getting my post up for Misi's Tuesday Display Chain...I hope everyone is well! I am still trying to get things back to normal after last week's craziness! I wanted to share my few pictures of my quilted runners. I don't have many. I encourage you to hope over to Becky's blog... OMG! She's a quilter and oh the eye candy! http://www.primitivesandstitchin.blogspot.com/ and over course over to Misi to see everyone else's posts... http://www.1890gablehousemusings.blogspot.com/



So first up is my Americana runner. I mentioned I sold Longaberger baskets for 12years before retiring several years ago.... Anyway there was a couple of years where the monthly sales awards was quilted squares, pictured below. One had to earn 4 in a year or more and our branch advisor would have them quilted together for us... Well each year I received 3! FINALLY last year, one of my girl friends is a quilter as well, she made this runner for me from the squares. This weeks item finally got me to put it on the table!


See Misi's bee wax bee hives? Oh my they smell great! My table never looked so clean, stop over tomorrow, it won't look this good! LOL



AHH... years ago when the boys played football, I would stay at the 2 hour+ practices and just stitch. Did this guy many a years ago, again Connie quilted it for me. I am not a sewer, that is why I do prims... I can't screw it up? I am so in awe of those who quilt and sew this wonderfully!


OH Look at this great runner! Want to take a guess who made it???? YUP, Becky over at primitives and stitchin! We did a swap a while back. Had the best time teasing each other while we where creating each others goodies... I love fall and pumpkins!!! Hated to put this away, can't wait for it to come out...!!!! I know right where it's going say Sept. 1st! Becky ready to swap again? LOL!



Just had to show this off again as well.. I know it's not a quilt, but the stitching...Becky again. I so want to try penny rugging... I have a few patterns, just need to give it a try....




So that's all I have, off to visit everyone else's posts! have a great night! OLM

16 comments:

jennifer768 said...

Marie I hope that this week is going better for you.Love the quilted runner on your table .Becky is one talented lady .Love all of your goodies.Hugs,Jen

Raspberry Lane Primitives said...

Beautiful display chain Marie! love your Americana runner...I have one that I'm working on but its a mini one....
patti

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Beautiful displays.
Love that pumpkin quilt.
Tam

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

Wow! That is an awesome runner.
I think your crazy week has come over to my house. I can't seem to get anything done....
But I do love your quilted runners. They are the bomb!
★Linda★

TheCrankyCrow said...

You may not have many, but what you have are many, many cool! Love them all - the runner is awesome (and I love Longaberger!!) - and that fall/Halloween ones are making me green with envy....Oh my.....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!

Have a wonderful tomorrow!

Smiles & Hugs~
Robin

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

I love all of your quilts, especially the pumpkins (my favorite time of year) I also LOVE your nice clean table. I do what you mean, my table is nice and cleared off once in awhile, but it doesn't last long :)
Janet

tamera-country at heart said...

Love your runners. I usually quilt in the winter time. Can't sit still in the summer to sew very much. It has been a busy week here too. I was off from work a couple of days and didn't get anything done. So tired,I just napped alot. Getting old sure does have it's disadvantages.
Have a nice day
Tamera
Country at heart

Farmhouse prims said...

I love your runners Marie, esp. love the pumpkin one that Becky made.Beautiful displays. I love table runners and shower curtains. He He
Have a great day! Hugs, Lecia

~Madalynne~ said...

Great quilts! Your table looks picture perfect and I love that pumpkin quilt Becky made ~ so unique!

bettyj said...

Love all our quilteds! That pumpkin runner is too cute.
betty

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

They are wonderful~ so cute~ love the pumpkin runner & the Penny rug!!
smiles
Teresa

cottageprims said...

Loving that pumpkin quilt runner.Warm Blessings!~Amy

lilraggedyangie said...

Marie, Love them all ! Glad you joined in today ! Enjoy your week hugs lil raggedy angie

Prims By The Water said...

Love em all Marie. Even the penny rug. How neat to be given quilt blocks as a sales reward! Take care, Janice

Beckyjean said...

Hi Marie~

Your Longaberger table runner is wonderful!! Love how you have it displayed with the table riser. I wish my table was that clean. Mine is always full of crafting stuff. Hehe. I'm up for a swap anytime you want~just let me know!!

Hugs~Becky

renee said...

Marie,
They are all neat! I like the one on the table from your Longaberger collection! How special!
I am glad and hopeful that your week is going better!
I hope to get some things done tomorrow after work. It just never seems to end!
Have a good night.
Hugs,
Renee