Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tuesday Display Chain, Personal Pride!

Misi is back hosting Tuesday Display Chain. Stop by and visit her wonderful blog over at 1890gablehousemusings.....

For me, my personal pride is my family first and foremost. Then the home I have created for hubby and the boys. (even when they joke about burning the primitives....) and my little humble primitive business.

I won't go into details. So many families have issues... But parts of my family puts the dysfunctional in the dictionary. So I pride myself I what I have been able to do and raise I feel 2 very well rounded boys. Yes, smart asses at times, but a solid head on their shoulders and both now college graduates! Just Friday, Steven is now game-fully employed in this difficult economy, another reason to feel blessed! So here we all are in February at Steven's graduation. Alex did not walk in his ceremony, he was testing for a police department for a possible job instead....




Pride that family came half way across the world to meet us last summer... Here is my dad on the right with his first cousin Barry from Ireland, meeting for the first time at our home. How much fun that day was and mom was still here for that...





These prim gals here have had a trip.... I wasn't going to talk about it just yet, but they are back from their photo shoot at PRIMS Magazine. Yes, right now they are scheduled to appear in the October issue. How exciting it that?!!! Pride that a few of my gals will be published!!! It was one of the last fun things I got to tell mom about last fall and they were shipped off.....





Then there's MOM... This has been a silent struggle for me the last 7 months. She would of been 67 last week...We did not always see eye to eye, with the "dysfunction" that took place and the dysfunction took it's toll on her.. I see that more now that she is gone and the things that have taken place since her passing, her life truly was a struggle. I take comfort that I was there for her that last year, taking her to treatments. Staying with her, talking with her through them... Crafting, we had laughs at Chemo, if that is possible. And pride that she wanted ME to be the one to take her and not the ....... I feel I should of done more, but truly there was not more that could of been done..... So here is Mom with some friends she had lost touch with over the years, again to dysfunction. Blessed and pride that this happened too.... And yes, mom being mom, sticking her tongue out!








OK, enough of the sad stuff.... Blog land is to be a happy place! SO MUCH Pride this weekend as we celebrated Alex and Steven's accomplishments!!!!





Did I think to take a picture of the cake before we cut it? NOPE? Did I remember to get a picture of the boys together... NOPE???





Yet, and wonderful gathering of pride and friendship for them both!!! Family on the patio...





Kids having a good time in the moon bounce, and YES, not in the house....LOL... a prim house is not a child proof house....





My dad, brother and SIL





Alex on the far right... with a few of his buddies... Not crazy about the cigar smoking, but they are having a good time....





Billy and his GF trapped by a few of the kids, maybe wanting some of that cake....LOL... or Knuckles, looking and hoping it drops!








It was a busy and fun day!!! it's hard to believe both boys are done with school and ready for the next chapter in their lives. This gives me pride and hubby too, that they are ready to go out and face what is next for them!








I want to thank Misi for this theme... it got me thinking and for what she posted in reference to this theme on her blog, I truly needed it today! Make it a great day! OLM

15 comments:

Green Creek Primitives said...

Hi Marie, You have a great looking family, I know you are proud of your boys. Congrats on your dolls being in Prim magazine, I just love your dolls, you do such great work. Hugs. Vicky

Farmhouse prims said...

Marie, You have such a beautiful family!!! You are a great mom I can tell. It is wonderful to see close knit families, it is almost a rarity these days!!
I know your mom is watching you with a smile and pride!!!
Well congratulations on being in Prim Magazine, I will have to find a magazine, I can't wait to see you dolls!!!
You have a lovely day, my prim friend. Hugs, Lecia

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

OLM~I love your post~ the pride in the family~ no matter what( dysfunctional~ Or I say probably Normal~ all the junk in my trunk ~ I call normal~ junk I don't talk about the yuk~LOL~ cause I have to giggle about it!!!)
So much pride for taking care of your Mom~ Beautiful & touching~

Wonderful family you have raised~ I so enjoy the pictures of you all just having a good old time~ being~ yourselves~ More beauty!!!

Hugs to you~ & Way to go on the magazine!!!~ CONGRATS!
Teresa

TheCrankyCrow said...

Beautiful post, Marie - you can feel the pride and almost touch the love...Sounds like you raised some pretty awesome boys there! Two very good reasons to wear your pride on your sleeve I'd say. And - hey - HUGE congratulations on having your dollies in Prims!! WOO HOO!! for you!! And they are some awesome dollies at that! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Meadowbrook Cabin Primitives said...

Marie,

Congrats on your children graduating from college !

Congrats also on your dollies being in Prims magazine.

Thanks for visiting !
Hugs,
Linda

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

College grads! How proud one has to be for that! Your Mom would be proud of them, too. You made your Mom's last days as tolerable as possible. You gave her reason to smile and to be proud. You were a blessing to her!
I love your dolls! How can we get a copy of this magazine? I have to have one!my friend is being honored by having her dolls displayed in it! I am proud of you!
Keep smiling! From where I sit, your life looks pretty darned good!

Beckyjean said...

Hi Marie~

Lovely post!! You have much to be proud of. A lovely home (even if those men think your prims are butt ugly), a loving hubby, 2 wonderful boys (college grads no less), & being featured in a prim magazine. I know your mom is looking down with a smile on her face.

Have a terrific night~Becky

renee said...

Marie,
You know something? I think ALL families have some DYSFUNCTION, because we are all human beings and aren't perfect! Honey, you know, I think you are a great woman, inside and out, your family is blessed to have you! I am sure they know it too, those boys love you!
I think moms and daughters have a special relationship for the most part, I don't know the history, it's not my place, but you know, I could see how much you loved your mom and I am betting that she was VERY proud of you and glad that you spent the quality of time that you did!
I am glad I can call you my friend, I think you are a top-notch lady!
I am glad you all had a great time together for your boys' celebration!
AND~ last, but not least, I am very tickled for you about the girls getting in the magazine! I am going to have to check this out!
I hope that you have a great week!
Hugs,
Renee

Robyn~Primlish said...

I can relate to you on so many levels! ;)
Congrats on your dolls being in prims magazine! I'm going to have to check it out! A celebrity!!
I love seeing pics of your boys, they seem like fun! I love families that can play together and it seems as your does!
Congrats to both college grads!!

jennifer768 said...

Marie this is a lovely post ! Such great accomplishments by your boys! College grads ,how wonderful .Thank you for sharing your beautiful family and yourself.

Congrats on the girls being published,but most of all congrats on being a great mom and raising two awesome sons. Hugs,Jen

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
Thanks for sharing. Beuatiful family. I think you get your feistiness from your mom :)
I always say that my family puts the "fun" back in dysfunctional...lol!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Great Post!
I think you covered all your bases and have every reason to be proud ~ you have a wonderful family!
It looks like you all enjoy being together.
Congrats on being in Prims! Another reason to be proud. I'll have to try to get that one ~ hard to find them around here.
Prim Blessings
Robin

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Great post Marie!! You have a wonderful family and so much to be proud of. Your a great gal and always fun to read about your family.
Congrats on the magazine!! You're a celebrity!!
Blessings,
Lorna

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Hi Marie,
What a wonderful post and Misi sure does come up with some wonderful ideas.

Your family is normal - we all have and do things that we may think is dysfunctional but these days...not so. We live the best we can and society has put so many bumps in our paths and too many choices...how can we not be called dysfunctional - yet very, very normal.

I loved this post. It was perfect.

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR DOLLS...now they are DIVA'S!!!!! lol

P.S. - I had my procedure yesterday...man - I was out like a light and don't remember a thing till I got back in my room. Then i slept all afternoon.
I have 8 punctures in my lower back. He gave me an SI steroid injection too because it was sooooo inflamed and the injection would hopefully calm it down and let the RF work. He said 6-8 weeks to feel a difference. Yikes...I want to feel it NOW! LOL

Hugs, Karen

cottageprims said...

OLM~ So much to take pride in! Overcoming the dysfunction is a big hurdle especially when it's always right over your shoulder.I'm their with you sweetie.Your boys,so much to be proud of.Warm Blessings!~Amy