Friday, June 10, 2011

No squirrel is safe......

If there is anything Knuckles loves more then a good toy or bone.....It's to chase squirrels... Just say "squirrel" will send Knuckles running for the back door...out running... up a tree they go, or if there is time under the fence.... Then he stays out there, barks, jumps, paces, and waits... HOPING they are dumb enough to come down... AND sometimes they are, he is waiting.... He hasn't caught one yet, but he has been close..... So 2nite... not the greatest pictures.. starting to get dark, I let Knuckle's know there was a invader in the yard... Out running he goes, BUT there was not one but 2.....

Knuckles, giving them the business!


Yes, our yard is safe from all squirrels! LOL


I am working at the shop Primitive Chick tomorrow... Keep your fingers crossed the back doesn't get to angry at me....Taking this little beauty in to be sold...( don't worry I am not lifting it)


I know I should be keeping this... BUT, I can't, just no space, I would have to part with something else... and there is nothing I am ready to part with.....SIGH......


I stayed around home today.. Don't know if it's the weather or what, but the back was sore.... so I stayed in and worked on the girls.... they are not done.... but they are coming along... Again, not the greatest picture.....few details and hair and they will be done.....


I'm thinking it might be time for a giveaway.... I see I am up to 171 followers... WOW... Never thought when I started this I would have this many followers or make so many wonderful blogging friends!!!!! I am blessed! So details to follow, once I hit 175 a giveaway..... Maybe one of the "girls" will be part of it! Have a great weekend! OLM

14 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Hello Marie~
I'm your newest follower (at least I think I am...) Have seen you around blogland, and finally tracked you down!! Love your blog! Your ladies are looking mighty fine!!! Love them! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Knuckles looks hungry for squirrel. ;)
Love that dry sink!
Wish I lived closer I'd bring that baby home with me.
Have a great weekend,
Tam

Robyn~Primlish said...

I am just in love with the name Knuckles! He is a lab right? We used to have a black lab named Satin, beautiful sweet dogs! Your cupboard is gorgeous, I feel for you having to get rid of it. My eyes are bigger than my house and I tend to purchase more than I can store...sigh.
Have a great weekend!

tamera-country at heart said...

Knuckles sounds like a good dog. Don't want critters in the yard.
Our dog Puddles likes to chase and hunt, squirrels, chipmonks, mice and birds flying over head. She will chase a chipmonk and dig a hole to china to try and find it. Fortunately, she does this when I take her to the woods. Don't want any holes in my yard.
Looking forward to your giveaway. Love the dolls.
Tamera
Country at heart

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Hi Marie, love the girls!! They are so nice and prim!!
Have a great week-end and take care of that back.
Blessings,
Lorna

renee said...

LOL! I LOVE that boy! I was telling my hubby about the other boys biting his peepee! He said "OUCH"!
I HAVE to ask about the gal in the back row~ I am in love! I hope your back feels better~ PLEASE do not over do it!
Hugs,
Renee (please let me know when you can, I'll check in later)

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

HI, OLM~ You Go Knuckles!!! So cute!!Look out fluffy tails~ LOL
Wonderful job on the dolls~ so prim!!!!
Don't ya just hate running out of room & having to part with things~ugh!
Get that back better!!!
smiles
Teresa

Green Creek Primitives said...

Yes the squirrels have no chance here between the cats in the front yard and the dogs in the back and lately the mocking birds are after them. Love the little dry sink, I know what you mean, can't hardly keep anything for not having room. I am closing down my booth, I have two pie safes up there and no place at home to put them. Need a bigger house or less stuff, I vote for the bigger house. Love the dolls, nice job. Vicky

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
I wish I had a Knuckles to keep the squirrels out of the yard! Pugs are totally oblivious!
I really think you ought to somehow find a spot for that wonderful dry sink!!!!!!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Mary said...

Hi Marie, Love how your girls are coming out. So Prim Purrrrfect! Sorry to hear that your back is still giving you trouble, please try and take it easy. Dang, I sure wish I lived closer, I'd be there in a heart beat for that dry sink. My newfoundland/husky used to be just like Knuckles with the squirrels. But,since he is getting older, he just sit's in the yard and watches them now...lol our dogs are just the greatest! Big Hugs Mary

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

our dog is the same way only its the "racoons" that get his riled up..you just say the word and he goes nuts..he has a trail to the tree its so bad..had to put up a fence to try and get that area to grow..Love your dolls..they are prim fabulous..have a great weekend.;)

Beckyjean said...

Good Boy Knuckles!! Get those squirrels!! He is such a ham (fits right in with your family).

Your girls are coming along nicely. Love them all!!

I'm looking for a spot for that dry sink. Did ya sell it yet??

Enjoy your day & hope your back holds out for you.

Hugs~Becky

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

I am so used to the barking that the only time it bothers me is when I'm on the phone! Our dogs bark at everything!
Love your new girls! Feel bad you have to haul away that dry sink. She's a beauty.....
Please try to not overdo. You are supposed to be resting that back!
★Linda★

Becky @ The Crow's Nest said...

Love the picture of your dollies! BEAUTIFUL!