Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Broken washerS, storms and a tree on hubby's truck...OH MY!

It's Wednesday and I have a headache that won't quit!! You can only laugh... what a beginning to the week..... 1st, I talked about 2 months back that the washing machine broke...well... we looked, I fell in love... then the it started working... So instead of spending money then, knowing we were on borrowed time, we did not get a new machine.... Well. Monday, MMMM... a smell of something burning a bit... open the washing machine, thought it was done, NOPE... full of water, it's doing it again. Stuck mid cycle.... Ok, it is it... lets go... Off to the Sears Outlet. We have had good luck there. Great prices, some with scratches that don't make that much of a difference, for the saving... I found what I wanted, not as pretty, basic white, but it's the new fancy top loaders. I really don't want a front loader.. So many I know have them and they have issues... This one works just like a front loader... I got the only ONE! Did ONE load, and error message... UGH! Lid won't lock, won't work if it doesn't lock,... REALLY.... DAMMIT!!! There I said it... Call the help line yesterday, they tell me to unplug it, and try again, otherwise it needs a service call....Unplug it, 2xs... finally get it to work, BUT once it's done error message AGAIN... lid not locking, AGAIN... Service all this AM.... Needs new electronic lid locking thingy... AND at least a week to get the part!!!??? NOPE, it's going back....it's got bad jew-jew for sure.... So it goes back tomorrow, hopefully I can find what I am looking for in a new shipment or off to the store for full price, UGH!

THEN....... storms brewing last night... cold front coming in after a hot and humid day.... never a good mix.... Sirens going off 4xs in a hour... Again, never a good sign... Most of the bad stuff stayed south of us... It was over pretty fast, but we did get wind, lots of it.... Now did we take cover???... well... went from window to window watching the storm coming in... we were ready to get into the crawl space if needed... flash lights, some water, cell phone in pocket.... We didn't need to..thankfully! BUT.......I just went to the front window, heard a snap... and watched in slow motion as the tree out front fell onto hubby's truck!!! OH OMG!!! I think I am yelling, "the tree fell on your truck", hubby doesn't seem to be getting it... I can't understand why he isn't coming.... Well... learned later, I kept saying " your truck, your truck!!" he thought it flipped... LOL... you have to laugh or one would just cry...., no one was hurt, most importantly!
So once the rain lets up, out we go to look at the damage... start making phone calls... we need a chainsaw now for clean up... The truck was parked on the street... See our drive way in long but only 1 car wide... So it's a thought process everyday how to park cars... So everyday hubby just parks on the street until the boys are settled for the night... Last night, not a good night to be in that spot....

The sad part is this was Hubby's dad's truck. Last big item he purchased before he became ill and pasted away 2 years ago. We purchased it from the estate. Hubby keeps the calendar still at the last month his dad had it at, February 2009. We figure, that was probably the last time he drove it.... Again, everything can be fixed and the damage really isn't too bad, but it can't be driven.....


the tree just snapped at the base....


It's now a leafy truck! Need to laugh...they say everything happens in 3's right.... Washing machine... new one not working... tree falling... landing on truck... can't get truck even looked at for a week because of the storms... need a new machine... oh ya, started to rain AGAIN, while walking Knuckles today... We're covered right????...Hubby said he could hear his dad saying.... told ya that truck should of been in the garage and the head shake from dad.... LOL.... I think my mom had a hand in this too just for kicks!!!!!


So at 9:30 last night my brother came out with a chain saw, the boys, hubby and some friends, we got it all moved off the truck in less then a hour!!! We are blessed!


Working.....


My brother on the chain saw duty.....


Oh in the light of day.... I could be selling popcorn and tickets to this freak show! LOL.. Everyone is stopping and looking....This was the only tree to fall on the block.... It really doesn't look rotten in the base...



OUCH!!! The wind shield is a mess, can't be driven for sure, couple of bad dents, not too bad and the antenna was bent pretty bad....this is what insurance is for, everything can be fixed, maybe just not as fast as hubby needs it to be....


Lots of clean up today........




But I can't help but wonder.... They have been doing up grade to the COM ED lines...We always loose power... The ditch witch digger has been on our block for 2 weeks, running new lines... It seems mostly in our front park way and behind our house... driving poor knuckles crazy, in and out of our yard, but they need to do it..... But on Friday I woke up to this...


See how close that is to the tree... I wonder if it loosened thing up... One will never know.. we never liked where that tree was placed. Done by the owners before us. So we have talked about taking it out and put on in the parkway instead... Now we will.....At least it makes for a great story!?!!? But I do have a headache!






PS....I want to thank everyone for their wonderful comments yesterday. I didn't get to visit many blogs, since we powered down the computers when the storm was coming. You guys are the best! blog hugs!!!! I see I have past 175 followers as well... So I am working on a giveaway, details to come soon. Have a great day! OLM

20 comments:

Robyn~Primlish said...

I was grilling sausage during the storm and was watching our big trees sway...it was creepy! My husband called Syd's boyfriend to come out and look at his Skye...he comes out looking at the sky but it was a huge branch that fell inches from his Saturn Skye. It would have crushed that thing like a tin can!
So sorry about the truck and washer. I hope your week gets better from here on out!

tamera-country at heart said...

I was on my way home from work when the sky grew dark and lightning bolts came down. I hurried and fed the chickens,and the dog outside, put one dog inside, put the cat in the garage, put flower potts inside all before if started to get windy, 60 MPH winds then rain. My free standing porch swing started to slide off the breezeway, had to secure it. It really came up fast.
No damage here but I know what you went through was not good. We lose trees and equipment all the time out here in tornado alley in Ohio.
We are so close to the river, the storms seem to ride them and we get the brunt of it here where I live. I sure hope the next week is much better for you.
Stay safe
Tamera
Country at heart

Beckyjean said...

Wow Marie~When it rains, it pours (no pun intended!!) Sad about your washer. They don't make things like they used to. Had an old stove for 14 years before it quit working. Bought a new (nice one, not el cheap o) & had problems with it after about a year. Not much is built to last any more. Sorry to hear about hubby's truck. Glad no one was in it.Nice to know you are all safe. Storms were pretty bad here too last nigtht, but think you got the worst of it.

Have a great day~Becky

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Oh my dear...what a terrible start to the week. Hope things improve from here on out...you've had your share of bad things!

Hugs

Debra said...

Oh gosh! I am so sorry about the washer and the truck!
Sure hope things get better and that you get rid of that headache!!

Sheila said...

So glad there is a happy ending to your story-that no one was hurt and no further damage, yet it's still a big pain in the *** I know!
You should have been selling popcorn, perhaps you could have had enough to help with the purchase of the new washer!! Just sayin'. . . .
Take care,
Sheila

Kimberly said...

So glad everyone is okay! What a bad start to your week!!! I'm wishing for you that you find a great washer at a super deal! Don't forget to take care of yourself! My Best ~Kimberly

Traci said...

Hi Marie,

Well, look at it this way, it can't get much worse, LOL... So glad that everyone is safe, the most important thing!

Wishing you luck with the washer hunt. My hubby does auto body repair, he could fix that truck up if only we were closer..

Blessings,
Traci

Farmhouse prims said...

Oh my Marie, I am so sorry all of this bad had to happen! I sure hope you have better days ahead. I'm so glad the tree didn't hit your house and that you all are safe. Bunches of hugs, Lecia

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

Sounds a lot like my daughter's story. Bad things happen in threes. Her washer quit, too. Then her microwave, then her hubby's car. Glad it all got over before their flight to DC!
Hope you get a new washer and it is a good one. As for me, I would take an old Maytag anyway. Those are rugged machines. I had a Kenmore once and it was a brand new piece of crap! Choose carefully, my friend? I wish you much better luck.
Looks like that tree really did quite a bit of damage. Glad no one was in it!

TheRustyThimble said...

Well I would of gotten a headache just with the washer LOL. Oh wow bad deal for hubbies truck just glad no one was hurt.
Hope you get your washer and truck fixed soon
Hugs
Brenda

TheCrankyCrow said...

No wonder you have a headache, Girl! Wow - it rained cats and dogs and trees!! Poor thing you! Have you thought about drinking? ;o) Just kidding!! Sorry for the rough patch you're in - but, like you said - there's a bright side to it all - you'll have a new washer; tree will be moved as you wanted - and hubby's truck .... hmmmm... well, all I can say is - no one was hurt! Here's to brighter days ahead! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Mary said...

Oh My goodness Marie,your family sure has had there fill of it, it's a wonder you don't have more than a Headache....more like a migrain with everything that has happened. Hopefully the worst is over and it will be smooth sailing from here on in. Good luck with your washer shopping, who knows maybe you will find an even better deal.....they say everything happens for a reason. Wishing you a better end of week and wonderful weekend!......Big Hugs Mary

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

well for crap sakes OLM I am glad to hear that you and your family are okay..what a day you had..hope it gets better soon...and that was one big tree..great firewood..;)

renee said...

My goodness girl! I'll bet you all had some wine after this! I am glad you all are alright! So sorry about the washer and the truck and tree! I am not looking forward to replacing things either. I am with Becky, I think they don't build things to last anymore, I feel for you my friend! I hope you can find something that will work for you!
I hope the latter part of the week will be brighter!
We had a tornado here too, about 5 miles from our house, no damage here, but several people had roofs ripped off and downed trees.
It's still raining!
Hugs to you,
Renee

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Well I hope your bad luck is done and brighter days are ahead.8-) Glad everyone is safe and that the truck can be repaired.
Blessings,
Lorna

Misi said...

Oh Marie!!
I am so sorry!
I hope the week ahead is much better and that all this damage brings new life to something else. A better washer deal, a silly legacy to F.i.L's truck and a new memories to add to the "pitch in" family pot. You have a strong family and although this was a freakish event ...i have a feeling that you will pull joy from it somehow *Go Morgans!
{{HUGS & A TOAST TO YOU}}

jennifer768 said...

Wow you are having a rough week !So sorry about your washer and the truck.Happy everyone is safe !! Hope the headache is better and things are looking up.Hugs,Jen

lilraggedyangie said...

Glad your safe ! And am still giggling at you saying bad words , out loud on your blog even! Im impressed and proud! lol Sux bout the truck but at least the tree is now moved , and appliances well they just need kicked and cussed once in a while to work properly! lol Take care my friend , and Im glad your laughing , I cant wait to see this give away! Hugs
lil raggedy angie

dee begg said...

Catching up on reading blogs...so glad that no one got hurt and that the truck isn't too bad off. The washing machine...well it is nice to have new, but not when new has issues too! I bought new front loaders last week and the dryer has already had to be serviced...they don't make them like they use to! But I do love my new washer and dryer.

Hope you have a great weekend.

D