Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tuesday Display Chain, INNER CHILD....

Is it Tuesday already?? I so do enjoy seeing what everyone comes up each week with these great themes!!! Amy over at bumblebeelanecottage.blogspot.com is Hosting this month for Misi.. What a great job keeping this going.... Thanks Amy & Misi!!!!

So today's theme.. Inner child!!!Oh my so many ways to go. So here's to what brings out my inner child... Close up of the child's farm table I acquired a just a little while back.. So love this table and how it sets the room... I tucked a small child's chair at the table and my mom's baby doll rests in the chair.... Tucked under the table is the new prim doll cradle I found while up visiting the "Queen" in MN......

This weekend I spent a bunch of time dusting.. OH my.. cleaning up the cabinets. I had decided to rearrange the displays by themes as much as I could... What was I thinking.. What a mess I made.... BUT, one good thing that came of it, was this shelf in the family cabinet in the front room. Now, this cabinet has been in Hubby's family since the late 1800's. I am honored to have it and I took the 2nd shelf to hold all those extra special family keepsakes.... Mom's Steffi's Lyon's, hubby's baby cup, my grandmother's salt and pepper shakers and more....


Then a fun new display with a fun new piece I walked into on Friday... LOL... seems like I am "always" finding something, doesn't it????


So I really don't have a foyer, but right when you walk in, I put this old school desk. Found it for $20... Couldn't pass it up for that, right???



Collection of noise makers by the front door too! Love it when my 3 year old niece & nephew come over, this is the first thing they get into... Oh the noise... LOL... I find them all over for a few days after they leave! Oh to be 3 again????



Great old child's cart... image how this was used for some one's else inner child???


Then above my bed, my baby shoe's along with the boys... I don't have a pair of hubby's


Then, lastly my baby doll. I got her for Christmas when I was 6... Now everyone calls her the "chuckie" doll.... BUT, I still love her!



Lastly up on the top shelf... see the old Mac Donald game??? LOL!!! Found that at the Pecatonica Flea Market few weeks back... My maiden name is Mac Donald... spelled Mac not Mc... NEVER seen a game with my last name spelled that way... it was a Inner child must have! Off to see everyone else's displays! have a great day! OLM

7 comments:

Traci said...

Hi Marie,

You have quite the collection for todays theme. Love your photos...

Blessings,
Traci

Traci said...

Oh, I think the commenting is fixed... It's working for me now and hasn't all day...

T

Beckyjean said...

Lovely displays Marie!! I love your school desk with the old slate.

Have a wonderful evening~Becky

renee said...

Marie!
I love your displays! Wonderful, and guess what? We have the same childs' grocery cart! LOL! I will have to get my you know what in gear! It ain't easy being me somedays!
I sure enjoyed it!
Thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Renee

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

I love that child's table,too! Sometimes, I just a sick feeling remembering all the things I've had in the past and let go of for one reason or another. Luckily, I remember I can't do anything to change the past and regret is as useless as envy. But, boy-oh-boy, if I ever see one of those little table, I am going to grab it up! And a cradle, too!
Seriously, you've done a great job of displaying your favorite things! TFS!
★Linda★

lilraggedyangie said...

MY goodness woman where do you hide all these treasures ???? lol You have some just awesome stuff and am so drooling on the desk at such a STEAL , that's it clean off the couch im moving in then we can fight over the bargains.No really love it all, thanks for sharing. Enjoy the chain. hugs
lil raggedy angie

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Hi, OLM~ thanks for posting about comments~ girl I thought it was me~ being dah! LOL!!!

Love your post~ so many wonderful items~ can't pick a fav~ love them all!!!
smiles
Teresa