Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesday Display Chain, A Day at the Park, Parade, AMERICANA

Here's my twist on Misi's theme for the display chain today. Blogger is still having issues, seems some can comment other's still can not. One hint pasted on to me, that seems to "help" is when you go to sign in, clear out the box "keep me signed in" when signing in, this seems to help. Good luck.....

So I took a few pictures of our BBQ yesterday.

Welcome to the Morgan Homestead......

Now before you look at this picture, and OOPS, I posted the wrong one...(the other one is funnier...) A blond moment.... here's a little story,.....


So I got a phone call from my brother back when we were on our way to MN, a few weeks back...He was upset, on his way to the emergency room... Will, one of the twins, had a "rocket ship" accident... he is fine... Will, was out riding his rocket ship, details a bit fuzzy here, somehow he hit a bump, goes over the top of the "rocket ship" hits his face on the patio door, but his front teeth came out and over the lower lip, make sense? ALMOST bits through his bottom lip, OH MY! So my SIL Michelle takes him to urgent care, they send her to emergency room, he will need to many stitches. Stay with me here... this is where it will get funny, image that.....So earlier in the day, Will had a some incident with the easy bake oven, stuck his hand in there, hurt his finger.... Now it wasn't on... leave it to a boy, man in the making to stick his hand in the oven? right?.....OK, so the time they are in the emergency room, they are going to sedated him, but he just had eaten, so they had to wait a bit......still with me???? Nurse's would keep coming in, saying "We are going to fix your BOO BOO soon" Now Will, being pretty laid back, kept saying "NO FIX THIS BOO BOO!!!!" Now look at the picture.....LMAO!!!


Want to guess "WHICH" finger he hurt????? He kept sticking this out at the nurses to fix the whole time they were there!!! Now, all you have to say to him is "show us your BOO BOO.... and Up goes the finger.... yes, at almost 3, we adults find this funny......AND of course, Auntie had to get a picture of it!!!!

Now another foot note to this story..... Now with my 2 boys...got to love this, there seems to be a contest of who has gotten the most stitches at one time.... Nice uh? So right away Will, almost threatened this.... Alex is the leader with 17 to the for head, Steven is NOW a distant 3rd with 9. Will, I believe got 15 that day so he took over 2nd place, according to Alex and Steven....

Ok, story not over... On our way home from MN....YUP another call from my brother, on their way to the emergency room, AGAIN! Will had a run in with the neighbors puppy, upper lip this time... He wants a grace period on the stitch count! This would make Will top dog at 18, with the most stitches, oh my! Of course Alex, was having NONE of that.. has to be in the same day... Now you would never know he had so many stitches so close together, and you can barely tell..... Oh to be the mom of boys!!!! What a story, uh?

Here's my brother's kids, Rosie, Katie, Joey, and Will, swinging in the hammock...... It was a warm one yesterday....


Of course would there be a BBQ, without the "hot dog man", Knuckles of course went crazy!!!!


Then there's Winston and Spencer, they too SOOOO love the Hot Dog man!!!... Winston is the one standing up, he beats up poor knuckles up! He's a bully!! LOL.... Oh my they play, then Winston, will bite knuckles in the peepee... it's what he can reach... and knuckles just takes it! Now that's a GOOD DOG! Don't worry we don't let that happen anymore....


Some of the gang hanging out, having a few snacks, and MAYBE a cocktail or 2....


Joey, Our Goddaughter, oh my, she is a busy girl....she rearranged my front room yesterday!! LOL

boys out in the yard, smoking the Stinky cigars!!! All in all a great day!!! Boy I am tired today! AND there is more rain coming AGAIN! today! UGH! OLM

10 comments:

tamera-country at heart said...

Looks like everyone had a good time, except for poor little Will. You guys probably laughed all day at that boo boo finger incident.
Boys will be boys. That's why there are moms. Somebody has to show them the ropes.
Tamera
Country at heart

Robyn~Primlish said...

I am totally seeing the difference between boys and girls lately! ;) Looks like you had a great turn out for your BBQ! Love family functions!!

renee said...

OMG! I can relate! LOL! Your post so cracks me up! I just burst out when you said the little dog get your dog's pee pee! He knows how to hit below the belt! Poor Knuckles!
Oh, yes, boys can sure give you lots of gray hair! I am pretty sure of that!
Have a good one, and thanks for the laughs!
Hugs,
Renee

Farmhouse prims said...

Marie, your stories are always so funny, I love them. I always said that my son was 100% boy, never a dull moment. Still isn't. He He Your barbaque looked like great fun!! So glad you had a great day! Lecia

lilraggedyangie said...

OLM<
Looks like a good time , so hot cocktails were a neccessity !:0)that poor lil boy but it is funny only cause it's not me or my kid , Im the kind of Auntie that woulda had to have taken a pic too! And that knuckles is a trooper , I think you should give him the goat just for puttin up the biting below the belt ! Have a great day ! hugs
lil raggedy angie

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

Sounds like an episode of America's Funniest Home Videos for poor Will! Seriously, looks like a lovely BBQ--just like we used to have before we all got so damned old! The weather was great, wasn't it? I think the cold weather is finally behind us! TFS
★Linda★

cottageprims said...

I can only imagine what the nurses were thinking each time they got the finger..Poor Baby he's a toughie..Looks like you had a great day.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Green Creek Primitives said...

Marie, you have such funny and interesting stories all the time, always interested in what you have to say. Looks like you had a fun filled family day. The poor little one was just having a bad day, funny story though. I had two boys, and not a broken bone or a stitch, it was a wonder though, you know boys will be boys. Take care, Vicky

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

OLM~ sounds like a normal kind of Memorial day~ LOL~ Yep with boys~ and they will be boys for every!!!and ever!!!!
Great photos of the cookout~looks like fun~ keep the smelly cigars outside~ yuk!!LOL
enjoy the sunshine~
smiles~ and as always enjoy your posts!!!
Teresa

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

LOL, just delightful! lol

Great family gathering and lots of fun I see...don't you just love it when the men smoke those ugly ole things. Seems my husband can't mow the yard without one (or use the snow blower in the winter without one - what is it??)

Anyway thanks for sharing and I guess today is your day for the pain procedure huh? GOOD LUCK.

Karen