Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesday Display Chain, Birds, Bees and Flowers....

Amy is hosting the Tuesday display chain for Misi and she has another wonderful theme "birds, bees and flowers".... Everything to get us thinking of warmer days. I don't know about everyone else, but we have been cold again! Warmed up for a couple of days last week, truly, I hate to say it but it was August HOT! Wasn't ready for that... Then, last night I am pulling in flowers worried about frost... There has been no happy medium here, YET! There is hope for later this week....
I have been slow to get my flowers planted. So much weed pulling yet to do, UGH! I last for about a 1/2 hour at time with the darn back, so I am trying hard not to over do, but there is SO much to do. I want to get mulch once everything is cleaned up to help keep weeds down this year. Hoping to do that early next week.... Off to the doc today for the back follow up. Probably looking at that nerve burning... Getting details today... Sounds like fun??? So onto the good stuff... caught the baby birds looking for food just a few minutes ago...Nest sitting on my neighbor's down spout....

Here's my work table hubby made, so I don't have to bend to much... still have some to go, but I had for 4 flats, so I am getting there.....


Out front... nothing really popping yet, to cold... Oh wait, yes the weeds are popping.... UGH!





Image, a old chair in a prim yard?? who would think???LOL...


Image once the weather gets a little warm how much better everything will look.... I am sure I will share at a later time.....


My new chair, had it made by the gal that makes some great prims for Sandy at the shop... Had this one made just a bit smaller to tuck on the porch step better...It will look great in the fall with pumpkins!!!

MY tricycle I got that on my Trip to Minnesota, not sure if it will stay there, or find another home, in the yard... still thinking...smell smoke?


My center flower bed, no color yet... just planted some annuals in the wheel barrel...more weeds in there too....Why were weeds created? Really why? they are such a pain and serve no propose right?


lastly my old sink in the backyard with a old pump..Hubby needs to make me a better stand for it, it's on the honey do list... so it might take awhile...LOL...

So there you have it, nothing great, YET... could of shown pictures from last year, but I thought I would show the work in progress! Have a great day.... OLM

17 comments:

Angela said...

Love the birdie nest. So sweet. And can't wait to see all your flowers in bloom. Love the wheelbarrow but the sink.... I WANT one. Gonna tell hubby to be on the look out for me. LOVE IT! Hope you get some relief from Dr. with your back. I too have problems and it AIN'T fun. Get depressed sometime cuz I can't do what I want. Take care and have a good day.

Robyn~Primlish said...

What great flower inspiration! Your porch and front yard are gorgeous! I'm gathering more flower ideas!!
How sweet you were able to get that picture of the birdies waiting for food!!

Penny said...

I've seen tubs and toilets used as planters, but I must say I love that sink!! What a great idea!
Your yard is full of inspiration -- I'd say you were doing alright for having a bad back.... my yard is in worse shape and I have no excuse.... maybe I'm just lazy????
Good luck at your drs. appt.

Mindy/Raymond Homestead said...

Love the old chair and the sink! Everything looks great!

cottageprims said...

The little bald birds are soo cute! Loving your starts I can see were it's going.We've had the same type of wonderful weather hubby has the air on a night then the next bundling up with extra quilts.I don't like the heat much but spring and fall I normally love.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Farmhouse prims said...

Marie, the baby birds are so cute. I love your flowers, I love them esp. in the wheelbarrow and old sink. Love the old wooden chair too, I used to have an old chair and it feel apart, I need to find another one. Hope your back is doing better, so nice of your hubby to build you a table. Hugs, Lecia

Green Creek Primitives said...

Too cute, little baby birds. Love the sink idea used as a planter. I love the little chair also, items just make the garden more interesting. You asked why weeds were created, my question is why do the weeds grow better than my flowers? LOL I enjoyed your garden tour. Be careful with your back. Vicky

rachel said...

Oh I LOVE your yard!!! All your prim decorations are great! Your sign post & sink all AWESOME ~ love the black bench too! Thanks for sharing!

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

It is looking great! You do get a lot done. You push yourself so hard. I sure hope you get your back taken care of and soon!
Hoping to see you in the near future.....
:) Smiles :)
★Linda★

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Hi Marie, you have some wonderful prim goodies in your arrangements!! Love it all!! Hope you get good news on your back. Take care.
Blessings,
Lorna

Traci said...

Hi Marie... Thanks for letting me tour your gardens! And hey, I think I have the matching chair to yours in my garden... looks just like it.. No baby robins here yet, just fat mommas...

Blessings, Traci

lilraggedyangie said...

OLM,
Loving those goodies , your new chair is Awesome ! PRINCESS loves the baby birdies in the nest made her squeal and say awwwwwwwwwwwwww! Take care of that back woman , them weeds will be there later, they will just be taller so you won't have to bend so far to pull em ! LMBO :0) Enjoy your evening! hugs lil raggedy angie

renee said...

Hey Marie, I am with you on the weather! We need some consistency here!
I LOVE your yard! It's beautiful, and I too am wondering, what is UP with all the weeds! Crazy! Don't overdo with your back~ get your strapping sons out there to do it. Boys~ help your mom out now won't you, she's a heck of a lady there!
Have a great night,
Hugs,
Renee

Raspberry Lane Primitives said...

can't wait til were in full bloom....love the creative flower displays!! hope your back gets better!!
patti

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Looks wonderful ~ I look forward to seeing everything in full~ July!! It will be beautiful~ so inspiring~ Prim creativity!
come over & play with me in my yard when the rain stops, if it ever stops!LOL
smiles
Teresa

purensimple-Theresa said...

Wow, you've been quite busy. You better slow down and take care of yourself. You are truly inspiring! Love the baby birdies waiting for food.
Hugs ♥T

Beckyjean said...

Wanna come up & help me decorate my yard?? Hubby built a new shed last year & it is begging for some prim decorating. I see a road trip in your future Marie. Didn't you say you had some relatives in Milwaukee?? That's just a short drive to my house. LOL

Have a wonderful evening~Becky