Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Settler's Kitchen, Tuesday Display Chain!!

Misi is taking a break from hosting the Tuesday Display Chain and Amy over at http://www.bumblebeelanecottage.blogspot.com/ is stepping for Misi! She has picked a wonderful theme... the settler's kitchen.... Oh the collections we all have that revolve around the kitchen. I know I do! I could take so many pictures, move things around....BUT...that would unearth a mess of dust... I admit.... not dusting.... LOL.... So I took a couple quick pictures... I am sorry I did not put my best effort into this... so much to do, and I am getting nothing done fast..... Baking in the settler's kitchen... off to pull a few things off a shelf from the baker's cabinet.....


Butter mold's just waiting to be put to use.....



Baking time.... Pull out the biggest bowl you have... make a double batch of cookies????



Or maybe some muffins or biscuits......



Butter churn just waiting to be used... dust off those molds.... Maybe the little ones want to help mom in the kitchen... I am draw to the vintage kids stuff now... Love it....



Maybe a pie or 2 and shoo fly screen for protecting......



Mixing.. Love these bright colors, such a contrast from all the yellow ware I so love!! Now who needs a nutmeg grater??? I just don't have one......
kinda was obsessed for a while...


Storage for another day......




So this has nothing to do with today... Just thought I would show off the Weeping cherry Tree is opening up!!! YIPPEE!!!! May3rd and finally some Spring??? Ya right, it's cold and gloamy here! AGAIN!






Spring, Well, I don't think we will get one, we will jump right into hot and humid weather....True Chicago weather.... OLM

15 comments:

~Madalynne~ said...

Great displays! I love that little mouse . . . I gotta' get me one of them!

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Marie,
LOL!! You sound like me.
Don't worry, I didnt notice a speck of dust!

Awesome displays.
I so love prim kitchen goodies!

The tree is Gorgeous!
I must agree, I dont think we will get much of a Spring.
We all here have been saying the same thing.
It will go from Cold and Wet to Hot and Humid!

Thanks for sharing!
Tam

Robyn~Primlish said...

Oh your tree is gorgeous! I have been worried about my dogwood...it usually has buds on it about now, this weather is really not cooperating with MY schedule!
Great displays! I need a new camera...mine konked out and my phone is NOT cutting it!
I'm very impressed with how "you get nothing done fast!" LOL, love that!

Traci said...

Hi Marie... Super Settler's Kitchen displays! no dusting for me either, it's got to be one of the worst jobs.

Hope you and your back are feeling better. Pretty Cherry Tree, we are so soggy here with the rain, no new blooms ..

Blessings, Traci

Angela said...

Love all your kitchen displays. You really have some neat things. I don't recall ever seeing a double butter mold. That is great. I have always wanted an old butter churn. But the prices are way to high around here when I find one. Love the looks of those, don't know why. And the mouse is too cute. Thanks for sharing. Have a great evening

cottageprims said...

I had to dust all my stuff before I gathered them.Guess display chain could be a motivation to clean..smile..Loved the buttermolds and grinders.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Hi Marie, I didn't see any dust!! Maybe I am blinded by the dust in my eyes from taking pictures of my dust.8-)
Love all your great displays!! Really love the graters!! I am just starting a collection of graters myself. So fun to have something to search for. The thrill of the hunt!!
Blessings,
Lorna

lilraggedyangie said...

OLM ,
Great displays as always dust included lol Thanks for sharing , you always have such good stuff ! Make sure you stop by my blog , Im having a give away , come on over and get entered this time!lol :0) Enjoy your day , hope you feeling a bit better! hugs
lil raggedy angie

Holly Hills Primitives said...

It was so much fun to see your displays and great collections. The weather is the same here in Michigan - only about 45 today. Where in the heck is spring??? Have a good week, Dawn

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

loving all of these kitchen collections..and i love yours too..;)

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

I love the little mouse peaking over the shelf!
Everything is wonderful, Marie. You do have some nutmeg graters!
★Linda★

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Beautiful~ love your collections!!! Hello weeping cherry so pretty!!!
smiles
Teresa

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Dust and all your collection is wonderful!
Thanks for sharing
Prim Blessings
Robin

Farmhouse prims said...

Love your display Marie, you have quite a collection. I love your old mixing bowls esp. That little mouse is the cutest! Have a great day! Hugs, Lecia

tamera-country at heart said...

Marie,
Love your collections. What neat things.
Don't worry about dust, they are just bunnies.
Thanks for sharing.
Tamera
Country at heart