Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pictures from my GF'S Decorating with Crafts Section Shoot

So my prim gal pal Cally's home was used for a Decorating with crafts section of Country Sampler, for the fall issue. So off I went to watch the shoot. ( One of our other prim gal pals has been used 2xs now for the decorating with crafts section, but I haven't been able to go watch. ) Wow, what a process. They look at even the smallest details. Almost 7 hours for just 3 pictures. (So Deb's porch will be in the issue just coming out.) Cally will be in the fall issue.....
So I took a few pictures of them at work during the shoot and a few, just a few of Cally's AWESOME home! Her collections are amazing!

They bring many props with them, they never know what they are going to need. Though they borrowed many of Cally's prims for the shoots....


Her enter way... I so love this little table... the colors..... See the blue tape? They will photo shop something else in later....



This turned out dark... they were prepping her fireplace area....


Working on her porch... now it felt like fall, cold and damp... WHERE IS SPRING I ASK?????


Now I love fall, my favorite time, I only wish it would last longer... Though I would like a summer before all this yet... See me in the door taking the picture???


Here's her kitchen table.....



so much eye candy... click on the pictures to blow them up to see better!!!!!!!!



This little cart should be MINE!!! I saw it in a picture on FB for the Primitive Chick... thought it sold, but nope, Cally got it.... would try to "steal" if it wasn't to big to get out of the house! LOL!




She has great cabinets and a nice size home to show them all off in....





Oh her laundry room... OH MY! It is a crime to have a laundry room look this nice!

pictures just don't do it justice!


I didn't get the full length of these great old school wood lockers... Love them!





Dark shoot of her dining room... so it's hard to see all the great stuff.....makes me want to go shopping... But, I have a small home... and I am just about out of room...what will this girl do???




So there you have it, just a few pictures of a great prim home! Lots of inspiration to be had. Off to get "play" with my stuff.. make it look BETTER! Have a great day! OLM

19 comments:

Misi said...

WOWZERS OLM!!! Thanks so much for sharing these pictures
{{HUGS}}

purensimple-Theresa said...

I gotta agree with Misi. WOW...WEE...So much eye candy!
Hugs ♥T

Raspberry Lane Primitives said...

gorgeous pics...esp the last one with the beautiful arched window....I want it!!!
patti

Robyn~Primlish said...

OMG...how beautiful! I really think you could have snagged that awesome cart! ;)
I can't believe how much they play with the photos...I heard they even edit out the outlets and stuff. TFS your friend's homes, they are beautiful!

Raspberry Hill Crafts said...

Wow lots of nice things..must be cool to watch how they set things up, now when I look at country sampler mags etc will know a lot of time and work went into those shots.

Traci said...

What a fun experience to watch a photo shoot! Thanks for sharing all the great eye candy pics..

Blessings,
Traci

cottageprims said...

Loved her home can see why they'd use it.I don't think I would like the magazine photo shoots though would mean soooo much cleaning..smile..Thanks for the behind the scenes.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Beckyjean said...

Love your girlfriend's home!! Such eye candy!!Thanks for sharing the lovely photos.

Have a wonderful evening~Becky

Judy said...

What fun you must have had watching the shoot in action! Thanks so much for sharing such eye candy!!! What inspiration!

renee said...

You are SO hilarious! LOL! I could see you trying to haul that off! LOL! It's way cute! I know they go to alot of work for pictures. If I had a laundry room like that, I would really do laundry every day!
Thanks for sharing,
Renee

Angela said...

Great pictures. Such a pretty prim home. Bet you had fun watching the country sampler folks. Sounds like a great day. Thanks for sharing.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
What a beautiful home. Thanks for sharing.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

annie said...

These are fabulous pictures! I love all of them, I would love to fill my house with her stuff!! Thanks for sharing!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

What fun to watch Country Sampler's photo shoot!
Your friends home is prim perfect! Love it.
Thanks for sharing.
Prim Blessings
Robin

Ann said...

What a fun experience to be a part of. I would love to see that team in action (or better yet, have them at my house) to see how they rearrange things and set up the vignettes. Will be looking forward to the pictures in CS. ~Ann

Farmhouse prims said...

Wow, your friend sure has a lovely prim home!! I love everything esp. those old wooden lockers! Thanks for giving us a tour. Hugs, Lecia

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

FUN, FUN, FUN...I'm so glad you got to go watch. It's quite an experience isn't it.
She has a beautiful home for sure and I'll be anxiously waiting the Fall issue (but not Fall just yet...still need Spring here!)

Karen

lilraggedyangie said...

Cograts to Callie , such a beautiful home indeed , can't wait to see it in the issue! You ask what do you do when you are almost out of room? why you pack up your not so faves and send them to me and go shopping?LMBO Glad you got out and had some fun , hope that back is treating ya a lil better, but dont make it worse playing with all your things! Enjoy your day ! Big hugs lil raggedy angie

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Awe~ so inspiring! Just simply prim perfect!!! Okay~ need to go do some re-arranging~ LOL
smiles
Teresa