Monday, May 9, 2011

Highlights of a FUN road trip!!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!!! I felt the need to kinda make this a non-event this year. First one without mom....Just wanted it have it pass by....So when Hubby came up with the idea to go see the "QUEEN" In MN and bring the BIL the GIANT speakers he purchased off Craig's list down here, I was all over that..... So we took of Thursday in the AM... Made the 9 hour + trip to see the Queen... (maybe stopped at a antique mall or 2)She is about a hour from Fargo ND... so it's a bit of a hike.... She PROMISED to haul my butt around collecting antiques and such!!! YUP, should be a great time... Boys staying home, taking care of Knuckles with promises of not burning the house down...Now at 21 and 23... no worries about a underage party... One would think they won't burn the house down....LOL....well I will only say the highlight on the Microwave incident is that Steven tryed to cook pizza rolls... read the instructions for the TOASTER OVEN... cooked them for 10 minutes, that should of been 55 seconds in the Microwave.... So I need to tell you the mess and SMELL that is in my microwave... First comment from me last night... WHO WAS SMOKING IN THE HOUSE...nope just blackened pizza rolls... OMG...THEY ARE LUCKY MOMMY LOVES THEM! MMM... Grannies Pantry open for the season... Ice cream.... Hubby and the Queen... Nice, I caught her getting the spoon in her mouth! Hubby is the baby in the family.....Queen, was like a 2ND mom to him, they are VERY close!!!

Thought I would show you a few pictures around their homestead...LOOK at all these chairs LOVE them... If it wasn't for all the "Grain Belt" beer we need to bring home, might of stolen one of these!!! LOL.....


Enamel ware anyone......


One of the Queen's flower beds... with bottles and such... She is the one that got me started on the blue bottle trees.......She is my inspiration......She is my sister....she is the reason I fell in love with all these "old" things! the fruit loop....is too much of a loop.....



GIANT turtle... probably just finished laying eggs on the side of the road... this one was HUGE!!!!


Hubby and I over at the lake... Now ice has only been off the lake 10 days tops... BRIGHT idea, lets put our feet in the lake... OMG, I can't even say how cold that was!!!!



Isn't this cute, hubby and I match, didn't even plan that... First time we went to the lake without our boys.....

Great quilt shop with WONDERFUL reproduction civil war prints... I might of gotten a FEW yards....Tomorrow, coffee staining!!!



Always wanted a beer crock bottle, I found 2 at great prices... BOYS mommy got her own mom's day present this year! LOL


Most wonderful prim doll cradle, love this... Queen got this for me! THANK YOU!!!! When the "girls" come home from prims magazine, they have a new home....(few of my dolls HOPEFULLY will be in the fall issue of prims, keep your fingers crossed!)

OK, now just a few goodies I might of found... Few might go to the shop in Dekalb.....time will tell.....


few more......I can't stop... I think I need a 12 step program for primitive addicts! and there is so much more I am not showing....SHAME! LOL!


So, we tryed to steal"BOO" Queen's beloved puppy dog..... Now Steven loves BOO, was begging us to bring her home for Knuckles... We tryed......Didn't work....


Reason I couldn't steal a chair.... some beer! For hubby and friends... Can't get this down here, so OF COURSE what you can't have, you love... We had to go to 2 liquor stores to get it all! LOL..12 cases total... that should keep us for awhile?????



OK, don't look at the messy kitchen... after all I was gone for 4 days... Had to go get Steven a suit first thing this AM.... Had his first real interview since graduating.... I thought he cleans up nice! MOMMY PROUD! Interview today... Keep your fingers crossed!



Lastly, the cherry tree opened up beautifully! thought I would share! WOW, that was a trip.... Home late last night, off and running early this AM... Very busy week this whole week... So I probably will have to skip the display chain this week.. Please forgive... it will take me awhile to catch up and visit everyone.. I so hope every had a WONDERFUL MOTHER"S DAY! I am still getting use to my new normal without mom.... So for me this was a good one too! OLM

15 comments:

SUE said...

Wow! Great trip! My husband is a brewer so I know what one has to endure for beer. Great finds! SUE

lilraggedyangie said...

Wowsers OLM , i think the next time you wanna go see the queen we leave the hubby and beer at home and hide me in the trunk OMG you always always find the best LOOT d____! OLM your killing me ;0) Happy Mothers Day to you , I didnt cross just my fingers, I crossed my eyes n toes too !lol Glad you had a good time you deserve it ! Enjoy your week! hugs
lil raggedy angie

Farmhouse prims said...

Marie, I am so glad that you had a nice trip. Looks like you had alot of fun. Wow, what awesome finds. I esp. love that civil war reproduction fabric and those old mixing bowls.
You have a handsome son, hope his interview goes well. Hugs, Lecia

dee begg said...

Sounds like you had a fun trip. LOL @ the car packed with 12 cases of beer. My fil would have us bring him scrapple, cheesesteak meat and backfin crabmeat when we would go to visit him in OK. We would put dry ice in the cooler and everything was still frozen solid when we got there. It was a 1300 mile trip for us and he was like a little kid when we would get there...trying to decide what he would eat first! Anyway, it's a shame to not have what you love closeby, but then maybe that's what makes it a little more special.

Glad that the only casualty was a smelly microwave.

D

Raspberry Lane Primitives said...

I don't think there's a program for what we have Marie!! HEHE!! Glad you had a great Mother's Day...Your Momma was lookin' down at you all day, you know!! :)Peace.
patti

Traci said...

Hi Marie.. Thanks for taking us along on your little trip, great finds you brought home with ya..

Lol at the boys and pizza rolls, I can only imagine the smell...

Happy Belated Mother's Day, I'm in the same boat as you, 1st without my Momma..

Blessings, Traci

Misi said...

I was thinkin of ya Marie..It looks like the queen and all the sights of your trip gave you some fun ;0)..very glad to hear & see all of your goodies. That is one Snazzy lookin big boy!
{{hugs to you momma}}
Is that cherry tree also your gourd tree? lol I loved that..i hope you make that happen again this summer ..That was a hoot to see

My best to you friend!
{{HUGS}}

Angela said...

Road trips does the body good, or better yet the mind good. Great to just get away. Looks like you got some great finds. Love the doll cradle. Handsome son, hoping he does well at his interview.

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Hi Marie,
Sounds like you had a fabulous time.
I absolutely love your new goodies.
Especially the cradle!
And I must say you are braver than me...
I wouldn't have been brave enough to stick my feet into the water!
LOL!
Hugs to you sweetheart,
Tam

cottageprims said...

Sounds like a great trip.How well behaved you were..smile..Great goodies.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Robin said...

Glad you had a nice Mother's Day...sounds like a fun road trip!!! Love ALL the beer!!

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Funny how you can get certain things only in certain areas of the country...saw a fella in the P.O. last week mailing a jar of pickled bolonga out west. (LOL!) Glad your "1st" Mother's Day went so good for you. Great finds! Luck to your son! ~*~Lisa

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
What fun! Thanks for sharing your adventure.
Is the "Queen" still talking to you after that picture you posted...lol?
Hugs :)
Lauren

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

I love that cradle--really cool.
Stephen looks awesome. How did the interview go?
There are a lot of firsts, aren't there? I'm glad they kept you busy and entertained. You know, they all want to make it easier for you.
Bless their hearts. You are lucky, Marie, to be loved so much by so many.
About that microwave---use a microwave safe bowl with a cup of vinegar--boil--inside crud will be softened and should wipe out. should help with the smell, too....
Glad your trip was a success but more glad you're back. Won't be long and we'll be up that way. Gonna wait for the flood damage to be cleaned up.....
Smile, Sunshine!
★Linda★

renee said...

Marie, My goodness! You all made quite a haul!
i am just catching up here, but I love that doll cradle! Beautiful blue! I love the "Queens'" enamelware! FUN!
Thanks for visiting my blog, you are a real sweetheart! And you were right, it sure made my day getting that box! I felt blessed!
Hugs,
Renee