Sunday, May 29, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!!!! And a little more

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Holiday weekend! Today we had A LOT of rain and storms AGAIN! Oh my! I am not complaining after all so many other areas have gotten it so much worse then us.....

It's hard to believe that June is just around the corner here. We have had no spring. It's been so cold, yet tomorrow they are talking high of 92 and humid, so summer is here now! We are having a few friends over for a BBQ, nothing fancy just good food and good friends!

I wanted to share again my Favorite picture in honor of Memorial Day. I have mentioned in the past(I think) that hubby is retired military. He was part of the first gulf war. He was part of the first group of Reservist's that volunteered during Desert Shield. This is a picture of him and Alex, take about 3 in the morning when he came home! Image now Alex just graduated from College last week and is looking to become a Policeman.... Time truly fly's by! Anyway, this picture was taken by the Associate Press and was picked up by most major newspapers at the time. We had no idea, until phone calls started and reports called to interview hubby... We had to run out to get a paper!!! More importantly, I hope everyone takes a moment to remember all our service men and women tomorrow and the one's that have given their lives, toast them tomorrow!!!!

Then, of course, I have lost my voice AGAIN!!!! I can't get blogger comments to go through, AGAIN!!! I have gone in and cleared the cookies and temporary files 2xs, NOTHING this time, UGH!!!! I will have to look into different fixes once I have a bit more time... I am so frustrated, this should of been fixed by google! I have VERY colorful words for them! AND there is no way that I can find to contact them directly to say hey we have a problem here....DOUBLE UGH!!!!

Anyway, I thought I would share a few of the girls I have created lately....A few have already gone off to great new prim homes!!!



Then, I have made a few totes from old feed sacks, Having a blast making these.... Couple of them will be up on www.lemonpoppyseeds.com later 2nite, if you are interested...


Uncle Sam also going up on Lemonpoppyseeds... I created him from a great bittersweetfolkart pattern....

I had a request for a black Uncle Sam, he will be off to his new home shortly!!


Just a quick post! Have a great Holiday tomorrow! Hopefully I will be able to leave comments soon.... OLM

10 comments:

lilraggedyangie said...

OLM,
Keep that rain over there! Ive had enough of it and ditto on the NO SPRING here either!I am so loving the new girls and the Sam how DARLING , YOU MAKE THE BESTEST PRIM BABIES EVER! :0) o i'm so not having you without a voice that's like a peanut butter cup with no chocolate JUST SO WRONG!!!lol
I love that pic of your hubby and son , Precious Memories. Thanks to your Hubby and Your Family for the sacrifices you have made for this country and my Familys' Freedoms! Have a safe and Happy Holiday ! hugs
lil raggedy angie

Raspberry Lane Primitives said...

I remember that pic of your hubby and baby.....all those years ago...how proud you must have been and are of him!! Time does fly by....wow! Looove those extreme prim dollies for sure!! and the uncle sam too! great job. hope you get your voice back and problems fixed with blogger. I had trouble last week but seems to be fixed on my end....they must be doing upgrades or something...??
have a great Memorial day!!
patti

Farmhouse prims said...

Marie, Thank your hubby for serving our great country. Such a wonderful picture of your husband and son!!
I have a special place in my heart for our military. My father was a marine and my husband was in the army.
I love all your new dolls, esp. that black uncle Sam!!! Have a nice holiday my prim friend.
Hugs, Lecia

Angela said...

love all your prim goodies. You do great work. Blogger is driving us all crazy. When you are trying to comment and it tells you to sign in, unclick the stay signed in block. That has worked for me and now I can post. maybe it will help you too. Have a save and Happy Memorial Day.

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

I remember that picture! I saw it in a magazine. That is so awesome. I don't blame you for being proud of him. I am! Such an honor! Thank him for us. My Dad was a cook in the Army back in the forties.
I love your new dolls--so prim!
I hope you get your voice back and that you enjoy the sunshine!
★Linda★

Sheila said...

What a truly special photo!
Blessings,
Sheila

Robyn~Primlish said...

That picture is just so precious! I NEVER tire of seeing it, I LOVE it! I hope you have a wonderful day!
BTW- I read 1 fix that is working for me, I signed out of blogger and then signed back in w/o having the "keep me signed in" box checked and it's working for me...go figure!
Have a good one today, it's going to be HOT!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
Thanks for sharing the picture again. It is just too precious.
I'm still having blogger issues. I can comment on some blogs but not all. I need to try another "fix" so I can comment. GGGGRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Memorial Day!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Good afternoon on this 80+ day...FINALLY!!!!

I finally got blogger to cooperate with me by STAYING SIGNED OUT! Then I can post comment. So try that.
Bless your husband and all those that served and are now serving.

Love your sweet creations.

Karen

Beckyjean said...

Love, love, love the pic of hubby & son!! Thanks for sharing it again!! Enjoy your day today with the friends & family. You've been busy creating some wonderful goodies. Wish I had your ambition!!

Becky