Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tuesday Display Chain, favorite Walls

YIPPEE, Tuesday display chain! It always gets the rat on the wheel in the good olde brain thinkin!!! Misi, thank you for all you do with keeping this chain up!!! So I thought and thought.. It all goes back to these walls....
I have talked about the addition we did just over a year ago. What a difference it made in our lives and living in this humble little homestead! We kick ourselves that we waited so long to do it...but well, there kids growing up and expenses, life, I been blessed that I could stay home so scarifies had to be made.....Anyway just over a year ago, we gave some thought to moving, found at first glance what looked like a great home( I am sure it was) BUT, then mom was diagnosed with the "C" and she asked me not move... I was only 6 blocks from her.....So I had a brain fart walking Knuckles, REALLY, I could never take knuckles away from the hot dog man in the end! We are blessed with WONDERFUL neighbors and friends.....So lets add on....Our eating area for our kitchen truly barely hold a table... I would like to met the man that design this kitchen and kick him in the A$$!!!!!! OK, enough on the story.... Oh, nothing grand, just a 10x10 addition......


Oh the day these walls went up!!! YIPPEE!!!!! Open a bottle of wine!!!! It is a beautiful sight!!!


A little out of order here.... This is the old eating area... now just a prim perfect display area for me to play!!! This is from last summer.... I am always changing it up!


Right after the drywall went up... Bless hubby!! I wanted to make sure there was room for this pie safe. It was down in a corner in the gathering room before it was done... Really didn't have a good space for it... was thinking I was going to have to sell it... NOPE... made sure it would fit in the new eating area! So here was the quick peek, now back down it goes until the rest of the work was done........loving these walls!


How much more comfortable these walls have made living here.... Entertaining so much more pleasant... This past Festivus party in January.


Again, out of order.. right after the floor was finished, brought in the new rug that had been sitting in my car for weeks...Knuckles laid himself down, right at home. Finally, I can walk over here!!!


These walls were used for the product shoot for Country Sampler in November... Here is their work, waiting for the picture to be taken....(this picture was in the march issue, as was Knuckles!!)


AHHH... here is these walls, this AM...a little dark as we are getting rain and storms today! As long as it is not SNOW!!!




Yup, just a little space with 4 walls, can change everything!



My favorite grouping!! yes, friends gather here! No fruit Loop's allowed!!!! LOL... Oops... said that in my outside blog voice! OLM

14 comments:

SUE said...

What a great addition! You decorate beautifully creating such a warm space! SUE

Traci said...

Marie, that is a beautiful addition! I think it's just the perfect size for family gatherings. So happy you got those 4 Walls!

Blessings, Traci

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Wonderful addition~ I love the pic from this AM~ so very pretty~ a very happy & warm room!
Great job!!!
smiles
Teresa

Raspberry Lane Primitives said...

very nice Marie...you kill me...lol!

AngieSH said...

beautiful!!!

Green Creek Primitives said...

Marie, Love all your new walls. Whats with builders, my kitchen will not hold a table and my dining room is barely big enough, I need your new walls. Love the pie safe, glad you had space for it. I know you must love your new space, thanks for the nice comment you left me. Vicky

renee said...

Marie,
Your posts always bring a smile to me! LOL! I am very happy that you were able to stay in your home, and just added on.
I know how much it had to have meant to both you and your Mom, that you were close to one another.
And little Knuckles~ well, he's looking pretty content too! I am so blessed to be able to get to know you. Thanks for sharing.
Renee

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Marie it is amazing what a little more room willdo!! It lookslike awonderfully comfortable place for friends to gather!!:0)

Mindy/Raymond Homestead said...

A very nice addition, nice to have the extra room I'm sure. Many memories will be made there!

~Madalynne~ said...

Such a beautiful space! It's funny how 100 square feet can make such a difference.

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

I have to agree. It makes a world of difference and you got to be there for your Mom. We wanted to move a few years ago but our house was paid for and then the plant closed so we remodeled out kitchen and added a family room. The new space is so nice for get togethers. We have something in common!
★Linda★

Misi said...

Love this story!.. Staying for Mom.. Knuckles & Hot dog man.
XXOO.
These NEW walls will create many more stories that i know i will enjoy too...keep em coming OLM
Beautiful addition and Primtastic displays
{{HUGS}}

Kattywhompus Primitives said...

I had a chance to catch up with your blog this evening...read over the last few posts that I had missed. What a pleasure. I love your stories Marie, walls going up, boys turning 21, Knuckles licking the dirty dishes...you have a wonderful full life-thank you, really...for sharing it with us.
Oh...and your new "eatery"? Fabulous!
Rhonda

Farmhouse prims said...

I love your addition Marie and how you have it decorated. My kitchen here in Va. where I live is sooooo small. I get frustrated whenever I cook. Like you said a man that didn't know a thing about cooking had to design my kitchen. And my bathroom is so small. If I gain anymore weight my knees will touch the wall when I am setting on the throne.He he
I could move to the farmhouse in WV, but at this point I can't leave my daughter and grandbabies.
I love your new addition, it was well worth it, a wonderful place for you to have gatherings. I love, love it!!! Hugs, Lecia