Monday, April 18, 2011

Sorry I've been MIA...Swap goodies & More

Wow, What a crazy 10 days... I haven't been on much.. quick peek and off. SO please forgive me for not visiting out in blog land..So much going on... Some family crap, won't go into it, but the Fruit Loop sister is at it again... WHY??? Grow UP! Then Steven turned 21last week, my baby, I know I posted about that, but Last Saturday night, hubby and Alex, my Brother took him out for a "few drinks" YIKES! A good time was had by all, and poor Steven had to get up for a work review at 8AM..... So here is Alex and Steven about 1AM bring him home... he is a entertaining drunk! Is that appropriate to say??? They were all smart about it and fun was had by all and a few video's for later on!!! Then I need to get updates done for Lemon Poppy Seeds and Simply Primitives.....
So I thought I would share a few things I got done... Here is my civil war/slave doll I created..
made a few more Damn it Dolls! Everyone needs one of these guys... Actually I need to beat the fruit loop with one! LOL...So the little poem goes... When things aren't going as they should and you just want to scream and shout! Here's a little doll you just can't live without! Grab it firmly by the legs, find a place to slam it and as you beat the living stuffing out of it, SCREAM DAMMIT, DAMMIT, DAMMIT!!!!
These gals are a OLM original design, MammaY......


Then Thursday was the Orthopaedic doc... they are happy with the results of the shoots..Happy there was 2 days of relief.... So more shoots, a week from today....


Then Friday was my first time working at the new prim shop Primitive Chick where I am selling some antique's and primitive creations. Had a blast, though back was sore...oh well, same song just a different verse....BUT a whole day with so many antiques to look at... What are the odds I wouldn't come home with something....Now I would love to say I showed self control... BUT of course I DID NOT!!!

Just had to have this great little farm table.. a Perfect coffee table... So out is the cute round table and this I think is such a better fit!!! I am lovin it!!!
And these... OMG! Love them! Child's play telephone's... Like the ones we would make as a kids with cups and string.. except these are made from tin, yes I think I needed them!LOL
Oh, this was waiting for me, a tobacco basket made by Pam over at primitives and baskets! So have been wanting one of these guys!! I hung it in the kitchen!!!! Thanks Pam!!!
Then, this is what we woke up too.... snow... now by the time I took this picture most had melted, but seriously, MORE SNOW!!! Give me a break, where the He$$ is spring???
Oh yes, then today I received a great swap box from Angie over at sna primitives and crafts. We were partners in Char's spring swap.....
(OOPS... so don't look at the stain on the table square... didn't realize that was there from this Saturday's 21st B-day party for Steven..see no rest for the wicked!)....Anyway look at my wonderful goodies... Super prim bunny, giant prim carrot and love the fake tobacco leaves made from muslin!! Note pad, kitchen towel and some candy for the back side! LOL! I've craving some sweets lately so that is perfect!
Long black socks, I will hang them from the blanket crane and great framed bunny stitchery!
So there you have it! It's been a crazy, busy, family drama, I need a nap time! Oh well, if I had nothing to do, I suppose I would be bored??? Off to watch dancing with the stars! Here's hoping the bunny goes home this week! OLM

11 comments:

Traci said...

Sounds like Steven had a fun night out, I love to be the sober one, LOL, and watch the entertainment!

Your new mammies are great and neat farm table you picked up!

Glad that the shots seem to be working for you...

Blessings, Traci

lilraggedyangie said...

OLM<
So glad to see a post from you was just telling Mr last night I was beginning to worry a bit! take care of yourself and give that doll 9 kinds of heck (i know you got plenty of extra stuffing to make more ! lol ) Love your new swap goodies and your new bought goodies! hang in there and dont forget to breathe! Great Big Hugs
lil raggedy angie

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

Marie, it must be a full moon. My brother was a terror this past weekend. I had to make 2 trips down to the nursing home to straighten things out.
I remember partying for my 21st. Oh, to be young again!
Love your goodies and your swap goodies, too.
Primitive Chick, huh? I am going to try to get up that way this summer. I still want one of those blanket cranes!
★Linda★

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Love the basket!!:0) I also LOVE your Mammy dolls they are so adorable!! Looks like your son had a great time with dad and his uncle, I bet the video is hilarious!!LOL!! Oh and your farm house table is awesome!! And your swap goodies are perfect!!:0)

michelle said...

love all your new goodies!that dammit doll is too cute!have a wonderful week!blessings michelle

Brenda said...

Wow, and here I thought I was the only one that had "one" of those sisters!!! I need one of those Damn it dolls so I can pretend it's her....lol! Love all your goodies!!

Brenda

cottageprims said...

Sounds like your son is enjoying being 21..smile..I have one of those fruit loops to deal with regularly so know how irratating it can be.Great swap goodies.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

You have been a busy woman!! Glad the back is doing better. I love all your new goodies. Especially that little farm table.
Blessings,
Lorna

Prims By The Water said...

Love the dolls. A co-worker of mine was just telling me about those dammit dolls the other day as she had made some for herself. How cute! I could use one myself sometimes. We had snow here in Michigan yesterday and freezing rain this morning...I'm beginning to think Christmas is this weekend instead of Easter. Take care. Janice. PS. when I reach 50 followers on my blog, I will draw a name for a secret giveaway.

Farmhouse prims said...

Love your dolls esp. the mammy's. I love your antique finds and I am so glad your back is doing better.
You received some wonderful swap goodies too. Hugs, Lecia

Beckyjean said...

Love all your new goodies!! I really want one of those tobacco baskets!! You new creations are fabulous. Glad your back is feeling better. Just got home from work~we're getting nasty sleet. Yuck!!

Have a wonderful day~Becky