Saturday, April 30, 2011

I'm still here...Look what I received TODAY!!! YIIPPEE

Finally got the computer back early in the week, verdict, 3 viruses. UGH, how this crap gets through the computer protection or the fact one has to worry about it...is...just....Fustration to say the least. Then, I have been trying to be a good girl and rest, UGH! I received my 2ND round of joint injections in the good old back on Monday... Rest for a couple of days. It's still feeling pretty good, some pain coming back, but no where near what it was so far! on the 17Th I go back and talk about burning the nerve ending in the place an HOPEFULLY it will make me pain free.... Just a scary thought to kill the nerve ending in one part of your back..... BUT Look what I got in the mail today!!!!! Didn't see this coming yet! What a fun surprise!!! I haven't had a chance to go through everything, but I did I SPY Robyn from Primlish in a picture!!! Robyn, your famous!!!!

Image, I open right up to a kitchen with wood counters!!! makes my heart skip a beat, oh someday!!!

Received a goodie package from Mandy over at Bittersweet Folkart Primitives. I had won in her giveaway! A yummy room spray and a great prim pattern! Thanks, Mandy! I am working on her new Uncle Sam Doll, I have 2 done and 2 more to go.....


I ordered a candle and tarts from Misi at the 1890 gable house. Love the smells, then I also won the drawing from the Tuesday display chain, so bonus candle! Love them, Thanks, Misi!!!


Then finally Thursday was out dropping few things off at the shop and such. Stopped in the antique shop in Genoa, found this great old jar.....YEAH I know, I really didn't need another old jar, but look at that shape?!!?!?!? So different! Filled it with some prim strawberries for summer.... Summer, it will come soon??Right??? even if we didn't get a Spring???



FINALLY, this week, my Tulips opened up...Still amazed they survived the construct over a year ago and made it...they are right at the edge of the new patio...So nice to see some color.


To my amazement today, Bleeding hearts! Not near as big the last couple of years, but we have been so cold...


Then still waiting.... hard to tell, but the buds are there in the weeping cherry tree. Thought it would of opened up by now, but soon????? Probably this week when we leave. Hubby and I taking a little road trip up the the Queen in MN. Boys staying home with Knuckles. Just a quick trip to take something to my BIL that he purchased off Craig's List down here. We picked it up and he's to excited to wait, LOL, so we will go up for a couple of days...Maybe hit a few antique shops along the way!


Had a great visit with a GF from High School, Kathy is the only one I still talk with from HS.. Haven't seen each other in a couple of years. had a few good laughs! Much need laughs! So important to laugh. I have forgotten that lately, so thanks Kathy! Off to read Primitive Place cover to cover! Really I vote for this to go monthly!!!! OLM

14 comments:

Farmhouse prims said...

Wow the new magazine looks awesome!!! I am so glad that your back is doing better. Love your new jar, and I can smell those candles now, I still think that pumpkin cheesecake from you was the best candle I ever had.
Love the old jar that you found and your flowers are so pretty. Have a great eve. Hugs, Lecia

lilraggedyangie said...

O: OLM ,
Glad to see you back for a visit , sure have missed ya! Looks like you have gotten some super great goodies as of late! And that magazine is so tempting! Glad to hear the back is doing a bit better ! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers ! Take care of yourself! Enjoy your roadtrip hope it's not too rough on your back, have a safe journey. Have a great weekend! Hugs
lil raggedy angie

Primsue said...

Glad the shots are helping. Can't wait to get my APP magazine. Your tulips are beautiful.

Blessings,
Sue

Prims By The Water said...

Loved how you added prim strawberries to your old jar. The prim santa pattern looks nice too! Please post a pic once you complete it. Take care, Janice. PS. I am having a free secret giveawway once I reach 50 followers. Please tell all of your friends. Thank you.

Robyn~Primlish said...

Shut The Door...what are you talking about!?!? I haven't gotten my magazine yet!!!
I just got together with 2 of my HS girlfriends today and boy o boy did we have fun too! I know what you mean, I had some long overdue laughs!!

Beckyjean said...

My magazine came yesterday and it's just wonderful. Love your flowers. Wish my tulips would bloom!! Have a fun road trip!! Take it easy on that back!!

Enjoy your weekend~Becky

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

Marie, I do hope your back gets to feeling better soon. Don't you do any lifting or pushing or pulling. Please! Stop often and walk around to keep from getting stiff. They are doing wonderful things these days for pain. I would have to trust the doctor.
I am really loving that jar. Very unique.
Enjoy your trip! It's good to get away once in a while!
★Linda★

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I got my magazine in todays mail too..can't wait to start reading it..have a great weekend.;)

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Beautiful flowers~ the cherry is a huge tree, can't wait to see your pics when it opens up all the way!!!!
I received my APP in the mail also~ I just glanced at it last evening as I was falling asleep~ So many pretty homes & gardens~ anxious to have time to read through it!
Hope your backe gets better soon~
smiles
Teresa

dee begg said...

Glad to hear that your back is a little better...back pain is no fun. Hope the doc has the answer. Cool jar and love the strawberries in it. Have a safe road trip. I'll wait patiently for my magazine to come...it looks wonderful. Tulips are so resilient and yours are beautiful. I'll have to correct that this fall.

Have a great weekend.

D

Traci said...

Hi Marie... Glad your back is getting a bit better, hoping for complete relief for you...


Have a fun road trip...

Blessings, Traci

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
Hope your back is still feeling ok. I feel so bad for you and Karen with all your back troubles.
Great flower pics. Spring still hasn't arrived in northern Ohio. I think we had 2 days of spring and one of summer. Rain again today, but I know come August I will be praying to the rain gods!
Have a fun get-away with hubby. Find lots of new treasures to share with us!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Well hello there OLM....what a nice post!
Well, they all are - but I like seeing your flowers.
I really enjoyed this issue of APP magazine this month as well.

About your pain....I'm there with you....going through the same things as you with shots and I'm also getting the Nerve Ablation.
Dr. said it's not permenant...the nerve endings usually grow back so you won't be 'nerveless' lol But you will get more relief for a much, much longer period of time...more like a year or two rather than 2-3 months. GOOD LUCK!

Enjoy your time away

Karen

Green Creek Primitives said...

Love your red tulips. Haven't gotten my magazine yet, maybe today, one of my favorites. I love wood countertops, a friend of mine has them, I would like to at some point. Glad your back is a little better, much success with that. Take care, Vicky