Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tuesday Display Baskets and Easter Baskets

YUP, Tuesday, my favorite day in blog land! LOL.... Though This Tuesday, I am running behind and feeling a little over whelmed. I can't seem to get much done with the pain of a back... NO whining, off the doc today. Now I know they are busy, but why does a appointment take over a hour and half for maybe 10 minutes of face time??? Anyway as soon as I finish my post, off to schedule shoots for the back... YIKES, I didn't want this, but truly I have no choice anymore....

OK, enough whining... So I am behind the 8 ball here. Had my son pull out my Easter tubs last week.. Just opened them. Everything is a mess, so I only got a few things out VERY quickly....No, not my best work by far...oh well... This was my mom's Eater basket as a child, then mine as a child. For many years, I didn't bring it out....Started bring it back out a couple of years ago, and this year has even more meaning... For now it sits on top of my stove board....
One of my racks full of baskets. Like I have mentioned before, I sold Longaberger for a VERY long time, I have many of them... 100s... YIKES, I know... I have kept my favorites and have slowly been selling and thinning the rest of my collection... Need a basket, let me know!


Before the Doc this AM, changed up the top of the pie safe.... I forgot how much Spring / Easter stuff I had until the tubs came out..... Love these chicks, they are Bethany Lowe....

Small strainer with a few beeswax bunnies, really these have become my favorite to decorate with. I could almost do without the rest, and just have bunnies. They could stay out all Spring.





Look out that window!!! NO SNOW!!!!! Tulips are starting to peek up!!!! Oh the yard is a mess though.... Must get this back in working order, yard work a coming!!!!
So this is quick peek! Off to look at everyone elses and give my some inspiration to finish the decorating!!! Happy day everyone! OLM

16 comments:

cottageprims said...

Your momma's basket how special to have it.I love the old pie safe cupboard.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Robyn~Primlish said...

So sorry to hear about your back! I hope the shots work and make you feel better!
Your Mom's basket is so special! How wonderful you have it!

lilraggedyangie said...

I hope your back feels better soon , oooooooooo not the shots i truly hope they help you! I love your displays as always even if they were a rush i like you would be happy with just bunnies all spring. Get feelin better and for goodness sakes dont push yourself and make it worse.
hugs and prayers
lil raggedy angie

Becky @ The Crow's Nest said...

How awesome to have shared those childhood memories between you and your Mom using the same Easter Basket! That is very special!
Good luck with the Ole Back!
Hugs,
Becky

Beckyjean said...

Love your first basket~maybe because it means the most to you.And those beeswax bunnies are just adorable. Hope your back feels better. It stinks to have to wait so long to see a doctor & then they almost always rush through your appointment. I try to take something to work on when I know I have to visit the doc or dentist.

Take care~Becky

Kimberly said...

HI, I hope your back will feel better very soon! Take care of yourself ;) Love the displays!!! I must say I would love to look out my window and see grass!!! Not to mention flowers!!!!!!!!! We still have soooooo much snow!!! Love the candle, can't have too many of those! Enjoy your day and your grass!!! Take care, Kimberly

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

OLM~ lovin the top of the pie safe~ prim perfect~ oh, and your Mother's and your basket when you were both children~ oh the memories there!!!
Hope you get to feeling better soon~make the men carry them tubs of Easter goods!I would~LOL
smiles
Teresa

Prairie Blue... said...

take it easy my friend......health first!......thanks for sharing.....love the green basket, and all the bunnies.......blessings~Denise

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
I hope you can get some relief for your back!!!
I, too, sold Longaberger decades ago. I was lousy at it but ended up with a boat load of baskets. Too bad they are almost worthless! I have seen them for sale SO CHEAP!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Love your baskets and displays!!
Tam

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

I love the 'family' basket and the beeswax bunnies. I wish I could hang a branch like that to hang baskets from. you've been inspirational to me!
You be very careful with those shots. They may take a while to be fully effective but then you may overdo it. Build your strength up slowly. Don't work too hard. We have a tendency to push ourselves and that can cause more damage than good.
Prayers for you.....
★Linda★

Kattywhompus Primitives said...

I think you did rather well considering your back problems...everything looks beautiful. Love your Momma's old basket and of course the bunnies.
Allow others to do for you while you recover...and take care of yourself friend. There will always be plenty to do when you a feeling better. :)
Hugs & prayers for healing,
Rhonda

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Wonderful displays!! What a treasure to have your mother's basket!!
Blessings,
Lorna

Misi said...

L*O*V*E to you and mom!..that little green basket is precious. Awesome tobacco stick basket rack!..I never knew of the Longaberger basket hype ..just never got into it. A gf just brought up that i had several when i served bread in one.. i just didn't realize these were special baskets (received a few as wedding gifts)..I guess it's like with Prims..-I have ALWAYS been a Lover of PRIMITIVE things...people mention just getting into prims..but for me, my eye has been on OLD PRIMS since day one and Longaberger baskets seemed to *NEW* for my admiration...love them for food service.. and i do love their cookie molds :0)
Thanks for sharing your baskets with us
I hope the shots help you my friend
{{XX}}

Meadowbrook Cabin Primitives said...

Love those baskets hanging from the rod !

Linda

Primsue said...

How special that you have your Mom's Easter basket - what a wonderful treasure. Sure hope you get some relief for your back.
Blessings,
Sue