Saturday, March 12, 2011

Pay it Forward


What a great idea, Pay it forward. I try to this on a regular basis. I read about this over on Dru's blog last night. It is popping up today and saw it first thing over on Misi's blog. I am on jumping on the wagon too!.. Sorry about the small picture, my first attempt at coping and pasting... I still need practice, I am so bad at this! It's truely amazing I am blogging! LOL
So here on the 12Th, 4 months today mom passed away. I ask how is that possible, yet it is and life goes on. But in honor of her and all the wonderful kindness I was shown by everyone after she passed, I am paying it forward in a very small way.
So for the first 5 people to comment on this post and agree to pay it forward themselves, will receive a small handmade gift from me. It will just show up, not going to say when, but maybe by chance on a day you need a little pick me up!!! As the gifts I received after mom's passing. I just ask that if you don't have a blog, you leave me some way to contact you for your address.....
Now, secondly, I am going to tell you what you are going to get.... I know everyone else is doing a surprise.... BUT, in Honor of Becky over at the crow's nest, I am going to create my own civil war /slave doll.. You would of seen them in my scavenger hunt post. Becky emailed me to see if I made them. I did not, and honestly don't remember who did them... We talked and joked about each making one. I tryed once, mine came out looking like a alien! LOL.... Well, today she found a pattern and already had like 6 in the works! YOU GO GIRL!!! She named hers Mary Margaret, giving her my initials! TOO sweet! Love it.... So I will go create my own pattern and make 5 of these dolls up for the first 5 gals that sign up and agree to pay it forward themselves! Have a great day! OLM

8 comments:

Robyn~Primlish said...

I absolutely LOVE that this is in blogland! I would love to be a part of this, but I do not craft...can it be a handmade item I bought from a prim store?

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Hey there Marie, I would love to receive something from you..I too am going to participate..cause isn't it fun to get something in the mail.,:) have a good one.;)

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Robyn and anyone else, I guess I left that part out, no it does not have to be hand made. No stress here, just however one sees fit to pay it forward! Have a gret day everyone! Now I must stay off the computer! can craft! OLM

Beckyjean said...

Marie~

I love this idea. Although I would love a slave doll (maybe in my goodie box LOL), please don't count me as one of your first 5 as I have already commented on another blog. I don't want to hog all the goodies.I think we should all limit ourselves to getting 1 giftie as we want to bring a smile to as many people in blogland as we can.I'm off to check out a couple more blogs before getting my butt moving on some projects.

Becky

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

Hey, Marie! I've seen this on numerous blogs but I choose join from your blog. I have also seen where some bloggers are joining from more than one blog. I do not feel as though I can do that but I do want to pay it forward. I feel as though I have been very fortunate in this life, despite any of the disappointments. Besides, I love making people smile!
★Linda★

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
prims by olde lady morgan said...

Greeting my blogging buddies.. For anyone who would like to sign on on my PIF, I still have 3 spots open. I only ask that in the spirit of PIF, you have not signed up somewhere else and PIF yourself. Have a great day everyone! OLM

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning, Marie,
When I stopped by yesterday, I saw 7 comments, so didn't go any further...I would have loved to receive one of your dolls! I am now participating over on Dee's blog and am excited to see what she sends.

I have room over on mine too...I am already creating 5 little surprises, so if you fill up, send the others over to my place!

It's a grand idea. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. ~Natalie