Saturday, February 19, 2011

what happens when you have a few 50+ degree days

Just 2 short weeks ago, we were freezing and had 20 inches of snow! I love snow in February, it never stays to long....Had this been December we would of been look in at this for months...BUT 2 weeks later and several days above freezing and it looks like this! WOW!!!
So the only problem when everything melts like that.... AND well you have a dog, MUD!! and lots of it... Now we are looking at freezing rain and some snow of the next couple of days... I will accept, and WHY??? Isn't only about 1 short month until SPRING?!!?!?!?!? YIIPPPEEEEE!!!

I thought I would show off a few goodies I purchased yesterday. My GF Mary Ann and went to a new Prim shop in De Kalb IL, called the Primitive chick, and off the a Antique barn called Josie's... I got this great old drying rack, I think it would of been for wash tub... Need to move a few things around and hang some prim socks off it...


This fun old string holder, Love it and will use it... I use this string in my crafts all the time, stain it up and looks great... Now I won't have to go looking for it all the time, it's right in the kitchen!


Got this over at Sandy's prim shop last week. She has someone making prim calendars holders just for the Pure and Simple calendars! Looks great, well, at least I think so!
Off to rest for a bit... My brother's 2 1/2 years twins are coming for a couple of hours for us to watch, need to rest up now! LOL! Or hubby at least does, they use him as a human trampoline! LOL.... Plus I need to get all the craft stuff put away, 2 year old and needles and scissors don't mix! Have a great one! OLM

8 comments:

Becky @ The Crow's Nest said...

Great Goodies you bought! Love the string holder....Enjoy the twins!!!!!!
Blessings,
Becky

Farmhouse prims said...

Love all your goodies Marie!!! Get your roller skates on for tonight, twins, woooooo!!!

Beckyjean said...

Your new goodies are great. I know what you mean about mud & dogs. I have little muddy dog tracks all over my floor. Have fun with the twins.

Becky

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

Multiply those muddy footprints by nine! ARG!!! That is how it is here. I'm torn between wanting it to rain to beat the poop into the ground or windy to dry the ground up so we can rake it up!
We had the 7 year old granddaughter for a few hours today. It was hysterical. She and Mike bicker like old women! lol
Enjoy your twins! I bet they are little firecrackers!
★Linda★

Primsue said...

Sounds like a fun outing. I love all your goodies.

Blessings,
Sue

nancy huggins said...

Love the string holder..We are planning a trip next Tuesday to go junk shopping and then maybe to auction at 4:30 and maybe find some junk there too.
I sure will be glad when I can see green grass and can go dig in the dirt and get some exersize :)

Michelle said...

Yippee, can't wait for the warmer weather to last. I am so tired of bundling up!
xoxo

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

I am liking the goodies!!
Not liking the ice-rain mix we had here this morning!
Hope you had fun with the twins!
smiles
Teresa