Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuesday Display Chain... "LOVE"

Tuesday, so that means Display Chain day hosted by Misi over at 1890 Gable house Musings!
Thought of several things I could show off today, but it really only goes back to one... I married hubby 24 years ago this Valentine's Day. I was barely 21, only knew hubby a short 9 months. I am sure many thought this would never last......

But, 24 years later and 2 boys, we still enjoy each other's company, make each other laugh and have a great circle of friends and family. Hubby has been been wonderful while my mom was sick and so supportive when she passed... We were just talking this weekend, it's been a rough few years here, first hubby's dad, ill, and passing. He was 85, I call that a good run! Several friends and then my mom... can make one drift apart, but I think it's made us stronger...
So hats off to Hubby and 24 years! I love you! Got to love the soda pop glasses on hubby! LOL... OH how I wish to be that skinny again!!! LOL
Us with my mom & dad...... YUP it's the 80's, got to love the hat I 'm wearing!

And the most important accomplishment in the last 24 years... Alex and Steven!!!


My boys!! This past summer in Canada. I am blessed that father and sons get along so well! I have to say some times it's hard to be out numbered... all these boys to just me! I really should of gotten a female dog at least? LOL..... Yes, this house is not quite, though very shortly, both finish college, empty nesting could be starting!? Hubby is looking forward to it, I am sure it will take me a bit to adjust!



So there you have it, my tribute to hubby & our boys! Make it a great one! OLM

18 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

A wonderful heartfelt post of love!
Love all the pics! It is so much fun looking back>>so many wonderful memories of love!
thanks for sharing the love
Teresa

michelle said...

What beautiful pics.Such cherished memories.My hubby was feeling a little outnumbered here with me and our three girls so.....we now have our furry son guardian.have a great week !blessings michelle

TheRustyThimble said...

A great post on Love, and a Early Happy Anniversary to you and hubby.
Brenda

Green Creek Primitives said...

Its nice ot married to a supportive guy. I am so happy for you on your up coming anniversary. You have a nice looking family. I know what it like to be out numbered, having two boys myself. It has been really nice having a daughter-in-law who actually likes to go shopping for primitives, can't beat that. Thanks for sharing your family with us. Vicky

cottageprims said...

You were such a pretty bride! Thanks for sharing! Warm Blessings!~Amy

TeresaM said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway!

Love your Love story!!! I had a pair of glasses just like your hubby's!!! LOL

renee said...

Aww, Marie, What a sweet post!
I am sure your hubby and sons are very thankful to have you! I am with you~ I think it would be hard to adjust to an empty nest.
Have a great day.
Blessings,
Renee

Raspberry Lane Primitives said...

How wonderful Marie...Happy Anniversary...It's my 11th as well on Valentine's Day. Lovely family!!
patti

Penny said...

What a wonderful "Love" post! Such a nice looking family.... My husband was the one out-numbered in our home, like Michelle in one of the above posts, we have 3 daughters. Even the pets we had when the girls were small were female. We now have a son-in-law, and will have another one in a few months. He is happy to have some guys around!!
Happy anniversary to you and your husband!!

Robyn~Primlish said...

You have some handsome boys/hubby there! A very Happy Anniversary to you guys as well! Love the wedding photo! 80's were the best!

Orange Sink said...

Love your post! What a beautiful wedding picture! Happy Anniversary to you and hubby! You are blessed to have such a close-knit and loving family. May your years ahead be filled with all good things and the strength to keep your love strong through the hard times too!
Hugs!
Cathy G

Misi said...

Looks like the two of you have grown more than a gourd tree Marie! B*E*A*U*T*I*F*U*L FAMILY!!
BLESSED BE* HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Wonderful post!! I too was outnumbered with two boys but I love my boys!! Now 40 and 39!! You have a beautiful family!!
Blessings,
Lorna

~Madalynne~ said...

Such a handsome group of men you have there! Great post! Thanks for sharing.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Happy Anniversary to you and hubby! I, too, have two boys, but the marriage didn't last...lol! Congratulations.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Primsue said...

Beautiful post - it brought tears to my eyes. the love of family always touches my heart.

Blessings,
Sue

nancy huggins said...

Awesome pics and story..I was also out numbered with 8 sons for a while (until I remarried and had my sweet DD Nellie) I did have a female dog though :)
Did you make the dolls in your header on here? If so could you tell me where you got the patterns. I just love all of your dolls.
I am having a give away in my blog so check it out when you have time :)

Firecracker Kid said...

Oh cool, a Valentine anniversary! Boy your hubby sure is holding on tight to you. I can see the love you both feel for each other. Wonderful read:) Have an excellent anniversary, I'm sure it will be special.
Carol