Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday Display Chain, Displayed Sentiments

It's Tuesday, this has become my favorite blogging day!! It's display chain hosted by Misi from 1890 gable house musing. I so enjoy seeing what everyone shows off each week. I can spends hours looking.... Today I need to get a few things done... Well at some point. We are under a BLIZZARD watch... Looking to get somewhere between 12-20 inches of snow! I also started P.T. for my back today....

OK, enough of that stuff onto the good stuff... I so love having family heirlooms tucked through out our home. I could of just kept going,...So I picked my favorites ......

Now hubby is retired Military. He was part of the 1st Gulf War, or Desert Shield, right before the war started. He was part of the first volunteer group that left and came home. There was a lot of hoopla when they came home. Alex was 2 1/2 at the time, Steven only 5months....Stressful, I was a young mom.... So this is a picture of hubby and Alex when he came back. I don't remember this photo being taken, and it's like 3am in the morning. I to this day don't know how Alex even got the flag.... The phone starts ringing off the hook the next morning... Reporters calling us, the photo was on the front pages of many newspapers! We had to get a paper, then pay to get this copy of the photo! It hangs in our hallway. I have shown these before, these are my Grandmother's, my mom's mom. She died of cancer at 46, I never knew her....
OH yes, Here is the "QUEEN" my SIL and GF Darla, this how they showed up on one of our "BAGS" girls trip one fall... They always have something up their sleeves!

Oh yes, mom's baby doll. I got her just after she passed away..... I have shown her before too....

Few family pictures I tucked in old jars... This one of hubby, his military days, before I knew him...This one is my FAV.... Next that one is him w/his mom on the porch of their Albany WI, farm house.....


grouping of all 4 photos... hubby with his dad, who drove truck... and with MIL at a Rockford, IL airshow...with Alex, to think this boy is almost ready to become a Police Officer!


OK, tossed this one in when I was looking through some other photos! Our first dog, MOOSE! Oh what a good dog he was! He died of lung cancer... go figure... we don't smoke, how did he get lung cancer????( look at those rugs...ICK now... LOL... pre-prim stage)

Oh yes, this piece, what a great piece it is!! This has been in hubby's family since the late 1800's. A wedding gift to his great-great grandparents.. OOPS this photo turned out blurry...
Should of took a new one...see the red paint... before the new paint job....
So just sentimental things I have surrounded us in our home... Thanks for taking a peek..
I just want to let you know about the giveaway I am having in honor of my one year blog- versary! Just leave a comment on the post below! Thanks, stay warm! OLM

11 comments:

Beckyjean said...

Marie~

Love the way you display your pics in the old jars. Have a wonderful day!!

Becky

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Beautiful post!
So many wonderful memories in your post!
The pic of your Hubby & son, so adorable( so brave & USA!) front page of the Newspaper, I bet you were thrilled!( so exciting!)
The pics in the jars, I never seen pics displayed like that, oh, I like it!( cute!)
Keep safe,
Teresa

Penny said...

Love your sentimental displays! I especially like how you have those favorite pics tucked inside the bottles -- how creative you are and how nice they look!
God bless your husband for serving our country -- a fabulous picture on the front page of the newspaper with your little boy.
Your "Moose" looks a lot like our dog -- only our's has more brown on him -- same face, though! He is now going through chemo to treat his cancer. Poor friends....
So nice to have some keepsakes from your mom and grandmother, too. Thanks for sharing.

Green Creek Primitives said...

I love seeing your family pictures. I think that is one of my favorite keepsakes I have, especially of my father since he passed away. Thanks for sharing. Vicky

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Wonderful post!!
Call me insane but that photo of your Hubby and son looks so familar to me.
Maybe I saw it all those years ago in a newspaper??
Im not kidding, I really think I saw it!!

How wonderful to know the story behind it.

What a wonderful idea of putting photos in the glass jars and bottles. I dont think Ive ever seen that done before.
So creative, I may have to borrow that idea!!

I loved seeing all your treasures and hearing the stories about them.

Take Care and stay warm!!
Tam

Robyn~Primlish said...

What a beautiful post! I love the photos in the bottles, great idea!
Yes, we are getting slammed with the snow...calling for 18-20" and I believe it.
Stay warm and safe!

cottageprims said...

Lovely post! So many memories..Warm Blessings!~Amy

Primsue said...

Beautiful post and awesome displays! Thank you for sharing your memories and stories.

Blessings,
Sue

Kattywhompus Primitives said...

What a beautiful post...the photos are especially touching. The photo of Dad & son is incredible...and I love your display idea of putting photos inside old jars. Very clever!
Tuesday is quickly becoming my favorite blog day too. Don't you just love seeing all the different ideas people come up with each week? Three cheers for our Display Chain Hostess, Misi! :)
Thanks for giving us a glimpse into your life and home!
Hugs,
Rhonda

renee said...

Love your treasures! How very special, I love pictures! Thank you for sharing them with us!
Blessings to all of you and stay warm!
Hugs,
Renee

Misi said...

HUBBY'S HOMECOMING PHOTO!!!!. Absolutely Grand!
Thank you for sharing it with us...Priceless
XOXO