Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I feel I should explain...????

So I was over visiting Misi at the 1890 gable house musings! YEAH! She liked my idea for a display chain and it will be next weeks theme!!! Though she mentioned something when chatting about me....nothing bad at all....BUT it did leave me thinking, I needed to explain, again......I did it a long time ago, when I first started blogging and maybe had 3 or 4 followers....I should of thought of it before.... Some might have a question or 2??? LOL...So are you wondering were I am going with this???? Ok, my name" Olde Lady Morgan"How did I come up with this name? why? WELL there's a story of how this name was given to me, and to almost everyone now I am "olde lady Morgan," YES even if I am not that old...But what is old really but a number??? Though I want to state with most of my friends I am the YOUNGEST!!! LOL......


So here it goes, I talk from time to time about my girls trip each fall....We call ourselves "the Bags are loaded"....What does this mean, well, our bags are packed and ready to go!!! There is 6 in our group, we all pretty much like the same things! So for 5 days each fall we get together, laugh, eat desert first!, laugh, shop, antique, laugh, rummage sale, play jokes on each other, eat, laugh, did I already say that?? OK' we have a good time. We count down the days.... If someone screws up during the year... OH we REMEMBER! Pictures that come back to haunt us...The planning..... So that being said.....

My 2nd year with the group, again I feel the need to mention I am the youngest! LOL... We stayed at a B & B in Sparta WI, on a working dairy farm. Super cute! Only things what these great little log cabins would not hold all 6 of us, so we had 2 cabins across from each other.... In goofing off one night.... There was the "3 original Bags" in one cabin and us "wanna be's" as we are called.... Newer to the group.....make sense? Have lost you?.... Maybe in true bag form you should go grab a cocktail! MMM...OK, so we are acting goofy, yelling from one cabin to another... Then I start acting like a mom.... joking... knock it off... heads will roll... you don't want to make me come over there???? LOL.... Image if the owners of the B&B was watching us???LOL....

So I go over there... There goes Punk & Mary... in their snotty voice...OH NO WATCH OUT... HERE COMES OLDE LADY MORGAN! yup there you have it.... Acting kinda like a Eddie Haskel from Leave to Beaver..." your a vision of loveliness Mrs. Morgan.... then SHSHSSHHH olde lady Morgan is out there....next thing I know, I am getting mail addressed to olde lady Morgan... I'm always being called OLM.... So I embraced it! It stuck... Then I started to change my business from folk art to primitives... My business name didn't work, BORING... 'Marie's Country Collectibles" YAWN! Primitives by OLM... I thought was catchy, though some are looking for a little old lady creating prims... NOPE Just me.... So there you have the birth OLM....

So in honor of this, I think I have shown these before, but MY bags..... here we are, YUP having a cocktail waiting for dinner this past fall....From the left, Punk, OLM, Mary, The Queen, Darla, and Kathy.... Like I said there is always a joke or a prank... The rat hat this year! OMG.... This was funny! Punk had some fun with this! Believe it or not I found it at a World Market store
The Queen and ME with our bags!! Too funny and it wasn't even planned... Hers says the "Queen" and I just had brought this bag in Broadhead on our way up to met! Says OLD BAG!!! LOL

OK, they might kill me for this one... bring it on... come get me! Darla and the Queen always a joke on how they show up... won't go into the history... Always a good laugh! Bubble wrap in their pants!!!!
Shopping was good!

OK, won't go into the long story behind this, BUT this was a joke on me, then went on and on! B$#@&*.... got to love them! Good friends that you can laugh with, PRICELESS! ( yes the boobs are fake!)


Out in public... long joke, but candy cigarettes and the wax lips!!! This picture might of shown up on note pads for everyone this past year... I would NEVER OF DONE THAT, OK, ya it was me!

mmm. every year a mascot...there is a long story behind the lizard too....We had him hanging out our window driving down the road last year.....

OK, I am laughing as I look at this one.... Oh we are bad, all in good fun! that is the "QUEEN" getting tucked in at night! LOL

So there you have it how I became OLM, and it's all thanks to the BAGS.... How long to our next trip? TOO LONG! Make it a great one! OLM

PS... I need to mention a post that Shelia over at www.Seasonsofthyheart.blogspot.com posted about. It's a great service I only wish I knew about while my mom was battling her cancer. Over at www.cleaningforareason.org offers free home cleaning services for women going through chemo treatments. If you have a loved one fighting this shitty disease, PLEASE pass this info on!

18 comments:

lilraggedyangie said...

How absolutely funny , im laughing so hard Im crying i too can't wait to hang with my girls they are just as ornery as the Old Bags .Friends are easy to find . But you know what they say A friend will bail you out of jail and tell you what you did wrong, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying we sure did screw up BUT BOY WAS THAT FUN ! Thanks for sharing , I needed the laugh
Hugs lil raggedy angie

Beckyjean said...

What a fun post!! Love the history. Sounds like you have a great time!! What could be better than eating dessert, shopping, jokes, & friendship. I'm just checking in real quick like (really). I have lots more to get done, but of course have to check for blog updates.

Becky

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Oh my what a story!! You gals have so much fun. I have friends that I laugh and act crazy with and there is just nothing like it. We never get too old to have fun!! I love that you embraced the name, just too cool!!
Blessings,
Lorna

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
I did remember the story (well, part of it), but it was good to hear it again!
What a great group of friends ~ lucky you!
Hugs :)
Lauren

basketsnprims said...

What a treasure of a story and I love your name, it is certainly unique. Such an awesome group of friends and a great tradition your annual trip is.
thanks for sharing.
pam

Mindy/Raymond Homestead said...

Thanks for the history lesson! It was an enjoyable one! Looks like you all have a lot of fun together! Thanks for sharing, loved the pictures!

Becky @ The Crow's Nest said...

OLM......I want to be an old Bag too! LOL
Sounds like me & my BFF when we go on our yearly trip!
Everything bad! No kids, No jobs, No Hubbys!
Just Bag time!!!!!!
I love your story, now I don't feel bad calling you OLM!!!!!!!
Blessings,
Becky

Robyn~Primlish said...

Oh Marie, what I wouldn't give to have a group of girls that I could hang out and be silly with! Used to, but everyone kinda went separate ways a few odd years ago. Can I be a wanna be! ;)
TFS!

Raspberry Lane Primitives said...

How funny!! Were called the "six pack" friends!!
patti

Sheila said...

FINALLY! I have been wanting to email you and ask that very question, how you eneded up being called OLM?! Truth be told I thought your hubs may have "dubbed" you with it! I know a few men who refer to their loving wives as "old lady!" NOT MINE though! ;-) Anyway, I sure enjoy reading about you and your bags. How awesome to have such wonderful friends to let loose with. Good for you!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I loved reading this entry..and love the bubble wrap butts and the fake boobies and love the candy ciggys and wax lips..you guys sure do know how to have fun..I would love to have been a fly on your trip..;)

~Madalynne~ said...

This post was such a fun read. Girlfriend getaways are THE BEST food for the soul! Sounds like you have a great group. Thanks for sharing a great story.

michelle said...

Great post!I love it.here i was thinking all along you liked medieval times lol.love the pics,especially the lips and ciggy one!have a great night.blessings michelle

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

You cracked me up. You 'ladies' sure know how to have fun!
*Linda*

Farmhouse prims said...

OMG Marie, you and your girlfriends are a riot!!! I love, love, love it!! You look like you just have so much fun!!! It is so great the you get to take your trip like that every year. Sure wish I lived closer!!! I love the story how you got your name, I love it. Olde Lady Morgan, now behave yourself!!! Hugs, Lecia

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Hi, OLM~
Simply love this post~ too funny~ too cute~ so much fun~ giggles!
Oh, I also love the theme you picked~ good one!
smiles
Teresa

Green Creek Primitives said...

Marie, Thanks for the details of how you became OLM. Since I am new to blogging I have wondered how you got your title. Oh how I wish I had friends to go off with for a week, sounds like my kind of adventure. My friends and I went on a mountain trip, stayed in a nice log cabin. But sadly since then we have went separate ways, would love to have a prim friend to share adventures. Thank you for sharing yours. You always make your blogs so much fun to read. Vicky

nancy huggins said...

That sounds like tons of fun and some great memories..Thanks for sharing and making me smile :)