Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bowls, Bowls, Bowls, the Tuesday display chain!!!

Bowls, Bowls, Bowls, WARNING!!! Once I started taking pictures, I didn't know when to quit! So there is A LOT of pictures here.... not going to explain many, ignore any dust or other "junk" that shouldn't be in a photo...LOL... I didn't clean as well as I should of with this stinkin back and I had P.T. this Am....oh well... It is what it is.....

OH, the subject of bowls, OH HOW I LOVE BOWLS!!! I have a thing for old bowls, new bowls wooden bowls, dough bowls.... it goes on and on...For many years when I would go on my girls trip each fall, I couldn't go with out at least buying 2 or 3 bowls....

This is my first wooden dough bowl I ever purchased....Probably about 18 years ago after I first started my folk art business.... I paid over $100 for this one at that time, YIKES!!! Since then it has taken a small fall and have a nice crack in it...OOPS.... Though how I still love this bowl, and now it's more prim!
Bowls tucked everywhere...mixed in with many different collections in this cabinet.....

hiding under the fly screen some wonderful beeswax fruit from Misi! Love them!!!!



oh, to find little bowls at a affordable price....makes my heart skip a beat!

here a bowl, there a bowl, everywhere I have bowls!!!

This great prim bear from "gatherings" with feed sack eggs from gatherings as well.....


Love the new timer tapers... nice touch of light each evening and I don't have to remember to turn them on and off...After all I am blond...LOL...

Oh the Jadeite bowls set from the "Queen" for Christmas several years ago, one of my favorites



This one was a great find on ebay....

For a while I had a thing for the old Tom & Jerry Christmas bowl sets.....I keep these out all year



When you first walk into our home, YUP bowls!!!

Almost done.... my wooden bowl collection in the gathering room.....

Just a couple of my new bowls... I love a great looking bowl for everyday cooking & using... I don't use my old bowls for everyday, I suppose I should, but I don't....
I sold Longaberger for years, love their pottery, and I managed to collect quite a bit while I sold, these I use everyday...Tucked in a cabinet.....


More hiding in the pie safe... along with my Grandmother's Pyrex bowls my Aunt gave me last year. I really need to remember to use them more... To think my Grandmother, who passed away before I was born... imaging her using them to cook, then my Aunt who is a amazing cook, the history. I need to add to that....
So there you have it, and I hate to say it, that is not even all of my bowls! How can one pass up a great old bowl??? Thanks for peeking, have a great day! OLM

20 comments:

LibbiesHome said...

That is a LOT of bowls! I love your collections. The wooden ones are my favorites, but I have been eyeing up some of the older ceramic ones lately. ("I will not start another collection. I will not start another collection...")
Thanks for sharing your amazing collection. :) Hope the P.T. today makes for a good day with your back tomorrow!

Green Creek Primitives said...

I think you have me out numbered with the bowls. I love looking at every one of them. Nice collection, and if you are like me they are still coming in. Thanks for sharing your amazing bowl collection. Vicky

Robyn~Primlish said...

OOOOOH AHHHHH WOW! Love all the eye candy! Great displays! I love Wanda's goodies! The feedsack bear and eggs are awesome!

cottageprims said...

Wonderful old bowls.You've got some pretties!Warm Blessings!~Amy

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

OLM~
Now that's what I am talking about! Great display of a variety of bowls!Love it all!
( of course recognized Wanda's goodies, so cute the bear!)
Wonderful post~ didn't even see any dust too much beauty!
smiles
Teresa

~Madalynne~ said...

WOW WEE!!! You sure got yourself a great collection of bowls there! I just love the blue one displayed with the timer taper and what fun to see the old Pyrex pieces!

lilraggedyangie said...

I am new to blogging , and to the Tuesday chain but I must say I have read many wonderful things about you up to now! What an amazing collection of bowls I think you just may give Teresa at DeppenHomestead a run for her money as the QUEEN of bowls!!! Your dolls are great ! And for goodness sake please take it easy with a sore back , I know how you feel I am recovering from back surgery currently! It is a pleasure to stop by see your page and your collection of great bowls Thanks so much for sharing! lil raggedy angie

purensimple-Theresa said...

Holy Moly girl now THAT'S a collection! I am loving all your diplays. You have done an amazing job sore back and all. I am enjoying everyone's displays so much.
Have a great week.
hugs Theresa

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

Marie! You are as obsessed as I am! I love how you have them tucked in everywhere. Can take a lesson from you on the art of display.
★Linda★

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

Oh my gosh, you have just the best bowl
collection!!! I love them!

Bear Hugs~Karen

renee said...

Marie,
I love all your bowls! They are wonderful. What are Tom and Jerry bowls? You mean the cartoon? I haven't heard of these.
Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Renee

Beckyjean said...

Marie~

All I can say is WOW!! Love all those bowls. I thought I had quite a few, but you've got me beat big time! The ones in your gathering room have to be my favorites.

Becky

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

love your collection of bowls too..and love the turquoise ones..I have those as well and love them.;)..I joined in today as well.;) stop by and oh I can read your words now..so much better.;)

Farmhouse prims said...

Marie, you have one awesome bowl collection. I love your old mixing bowls especially. They are beautiful!!! I love how you have them displayed!!

Misi said...

OH**MY**GOODNESS !!!... Ton's & ton's of great bowls!! Fabulous collection Marie! ..I never heard of the Tom & Jerry bowls.. love the lettering & graphics on the white.
Thanks so much for opening your cupboards & sharing with us!..You Rocked this chain!
{{HUGS}}

Rugs and Pugs said...

OLM ~
Great collection of bowls. I just have a passion for the old wooden ones, but you have a wonderful variety.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Becky @ The Crow's Nest said...

Marie,
Love that Huge collection! You go Girl......No, seriously you go shopping for more bowls, I think you need more. LOL!!!!
TFS for the awesome pictures!
Blessings,
Becky

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Oh my, that is some bowls!! I love, love, love them!! Such a variety and such wonderful goodies you have along with them!!
Have a great day, take care of that back.8-)
Blessings,
Lorna

Sheila said...

Wow Woman! when you said your post was loaded with pics you meant it! What a truly awesome collection you have. Beautiful displays.
Hope you have a wonderful day filled with sunshine~

Grammee Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I have yellow ware bowl envy! You have some real treasures there!! Now when did you say you were going on vacation and what is your address? Don't forget to leave the door unlocked and the lights on for me please!!

We had Tom and Jerry mugs growing up - didn't know they made bowls either!

Have a great day!! HUGS!!