Saturday, January 22, 2011

What a busy week!!!

Hubby took this week off... A good week to do so, super cold here, great time to just stay in and veg.....

NOPE...First hubby has been hot for a Dodge Challenger car... So off we went to test drive that. Now we always keep are cars for 8-10 years, never have purchased brand new... So here we are ALMOST buying a car, YIKES!!! Problem was it was my car getting traded in, now I love the challenger, sharp looking car, we could trade car payment for payment...OK... In the end I was not ready to give up my Ford Edge. So no new car!

Then he decides we need some Grain Belt beer.... Now you can't get this in IL...It's made in Minnesota, so a few friends bring it down in the summer months from hubby's sis, "the queen"...
So our stash of beer is gone as of Festivus.... Now there is a big football game tomorrow... PACKERS VS BEARS...Hubby is a Packers fan, the lone one on the block... Of course everyone is getting together for the BIG game, and OF COURSE Grain Belt was needed... So hubby called the distributor, found that we could get it in Janesville, WI... about a hour away, ROAD TRIP....
Now they did not have as much as he wanted, might as well stock up if your driving that far with gas prices in all....Purchased a few other brands we can't get here as well.....LOL So while driving into Janesville... OMG, did I really see that, OMG, I have the camera... OK, it's ZERO out, freezing cold.... Look at this packer fan!?

Yes, you are seeing things right, the top is down.....


Now he figures out I am trying to get a picture, pulls up along side us and poses! Too funny!


Off... he goes..... Really did we just see that???????????
I also wanted to share a fun surprise box I got in the mail this week from Patti over at Raspberrylaneprimitives.blogspot.com... What a fun surprise, she won my Santa and Elmer giveaway and just wanted to send me a thank you gift! Love it all, thanks so much Patti!!!


Great snowman wreath, I will leave him out for the rest of the winter......


Then the super cute gingerbread man, some cinnamon rose hips that I already put in a little enamel bowl and beeswax tarts...I need to clean up my bakers cabinet and I will put those there....
OK, so if we are going off to Janesville, I say to hubby, can't we take a little detour and go to Brod head first? Great prim shop there, that I sometimes sell some of my prims too, and a bonus is to call my GF Kathy and have her met us for lunch! Done, we were there visiting for 3 hours! Well....now to go to the shop and not get a thing, IMPOSSIBLE! I fell in love with this prim rocking chair, not sure where I am putting it just yet. Resting in the Chair is 2 Hester's I made from a Pineberry Lane Pattern. One is up on my Lemon Poppy Seeds Page, if anyone is interested, or just shoot me a email.....




Love the colors in the chair.....



So the shop is called Harvest Moon... Great name, just makes me thing of fall.... So this great snowman was marked down as well, just hoping for a new home.... YUP, bad girl... I am thinking I will leave him out all year, take out the green sprig and put a flag for the summer months...Really too cute to put away....


So there you have it, road trip, packer mobile, so beer and a few prims... Now depending on which side one is on, only thing better will be a Packer victory, or a Bears victory tomorrow.... Off to clean now.... Wasn't home much! YIKES! OLM

12 comments:

basketsnprims said...

Wow, I love quick road trips, especially if there is a prim shop involved. I love your "new" chair and your Hesters are awesome. Have a great weekend and I hope your team wins.
hugs,
pam

Michelle said...

Hi,
Love the Packers mobile! I'm another Illinois gal who likes the Packers more! Shhh! Where's that shop at, I would love to check it out! Have a great weekend!
xoxo

Beckyjean said...

Love road trips & just gotta love the Packer Mobile. Being from Wisconsin, we'll be rootin for the Packers. Enjoy the game!!

Becky

Raspberry Lane Primitives said...

Glad you liked everything Marie...that Packers fan was a riot!! cold, but a riot!! Your hubby sounds like mine, he'll drink just about any type of beer...we have quite a few breweries/pubs around the Rochester, NY area...They make genesee beer here too.

Sheila said...

I loved your road trip story! What a true dedicated fan! LMAO Should be a good game tomorrow-even though neither are favored in our house. And the beer trip was a hoot. Atleast you got to see your friend and brought home some new treasures. Have fun tomorrow!
We'll be finishing up our "SnowGhost" and "Wheatfish" from Montana our son gave us for Christmas. Good stuff ;-)
Take care,
~Sheila
http://seasonsofthyheart.blogspot.com

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

I love it when hubby has the idea to go somewhere on the spur of the moment, but in this awful cold? I'd rather stay home......
But given the chance to go to a great antique store, I put on my shoes and beat him out to the car! Love that rocker!
BTW~ we will be cheering on the Bears. Sorry......
★Linda★

Robin said...

A road trip for alcohol sounds great to me...and accidently finding a new shop sounds even better!!! Hope your team fairs well, we are not Pro Football fans here, give me college ball!! Have a blast tomorrow.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Horny Goat Brewing Company ~ I love wacky names!
Your little rocker is very sweet. It's always fun to come home with a new treasure.
Hugs :)
Lauren

SANDI said...

Too Funny...
Love the packer fan. LOL
sandraallen260@centurytel.net

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Oh that Packer mobile is too funny!!LOL Spur of the moment road trips are so much fun, it seems you both had a great time!! I am loving the rocking chair and your new snowman....your dolls are adorable too, love them actually!!LOL!! Hope you are having a great weekend!:0)

renee said...

Oh Marie! Too funny about the Packer mobile! LOL! Yep~ those cheeseheads are a little looney! LOL! Love your finds! I hope you have a great week!
Blessings,
Renee

Farmhouse prims said...

Sounds like you and your hubby had a fun trip. I love the Packer mobile!! Sure gets noticed. He He Love looking at your dolls and snowmen, you always have that special touch displaying your treasures!!! Hugs, Lecia