Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Stitched with love, Tuesday display Chain

The minute Misi said what today's theme was I knew what I was going to show. I have only one item and it is from my mom. It was my Christmas present from her this year. I knew I was getting it, it was a hard one to open....
So some history, mom started last year knitting everyone blankets. She started with the Grand kids. Something she could do while resting, this last year she didn't get around or go out much anymore. Then she knitted one for her cancer doc....
She then worked on one for my brother, then me. I kept telling her it was not necessary. ( I have a bunch of the family heirlooms). So I picked out my yarn, and she worked on it this fall and finished it 2 weeks before she pasted away. My brother says mine is the best one in the bunch!!! I had it in a corner in my room, couldn't bring myself to set it out just yet. I really don't want it used, it was the last thing she made for me. So this AM out it came and it looks great on the love seat in the front room.. So there I will leave it! So stitched with love from my mom, before she pasted away, just 2 months ago.....OLM
Please forgive me if I don't comment on every one's pictures today. I am lucky to be getting this up... Our Internet hasn't been working very good. Works minutes at a time... Several phones, waited all day for a service call, supposedly they were here, never told us. Worked for about a hour last night.. then nothing.... Tomorrow another tech, HOPEFULLY.... so if we keep rebooting the dsl modem, we can get on for a few minutes.... So now I am off to try & get another doll up on my Lemon Poppy Seeds page. Have a great one. OLM

20 comments:

~Madalynne~ said...

Such a beautiful blanket and a lovely post. Thank you for sharing.

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

So glad you made it to post this very special post!
Such a precious gift!
Beautiful in so many ways!
So glad you shared it!
Big Hug!
Teresa

Penny said...

I love your blanket -- stitched with love from your mom. It is indeed very special and something to treasure forever. A beautiful gift to snuggle up under! Thanks for sharing.

cottageprims said...

So touching! What a piece to treasure.Warm Blessings!~Amy

purensimple-Theresa said...

What an amzing gift you have. I loved your post. Hugs to you ♥T

Robyn~Primlish said...

So glad you shared your beautiful blanket! The colors are just gorgeous!
Hope your internet gets fixed!

Brenda said...

Just beautiful!! What an awesome post also! Just one more thing that you have to honor your mom! HUGS!!
Brenda

Raspberry Lane Primitives said...

Marie: It's beautiful...a treasure from your mom... to be treasured, indeed! Have a great day!
patti

Beckyjean said...

What a lovely post. You have a wonderful reminder of your Mom. It is the perfect thing to share for Misi's stitched with love post. Thank you so much for sharing.

Big hugs~Becky

Audrey said...

It is beautiful and so filled with love. Thank you for sharing this personal story. I can't help but feel Misi's choice came from a higher place so that you would get out your wonderful gift. Sending hugs and prayer .

A Primitive Homestead said...

This was a wonderful tribute to your Mother. I am sure as she stitched each stitch she remembered time you two shared as you grew up. Just as she thought about all the precious memories that would come to mind when you see & touch this in the months & years to come. It is good you have it out & can see it. She left you a piece of her heart to wrap you in her warmth for comfort. Blessings!

Mindy/Raymond Homestead said...

What a beautiful blanket and most certainly stitched with love.

renee said...

Marie, it's beautiful! I know how special it must be to have that. I did want to tell you, I looked at your home in CS, I love it, I can see what you meant by the bathroom though, I am not a lace and foo-foo gal either! My boys would probably tinkle on it! LOL!
Thanks for sharing with us!
Blessings,
Renee

Farmhouse prims said...

I love the blanket your mom made you, such an awesome color. And I know she made it with love!!!!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

what a wonderful testament of love..I love your blanket.;)

Kattywhompus Primitives said...

Truly a treasure...and your brother may have been right, it really is beautiful. I'm so glad you shared your blanket, and best of all the memory of your Mom knitting for all those she loved.
Rhonda

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

What a treasure!! Truly stitched with love.
Blessings,
Lorna

Primsue said...

A very touching post. Your blanket is beautiful! What a precious treasure!

Blessings,
Sue

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
What a beautiful treasure and a constant reminder of your mom's love.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Robin said...

Hi Marie~ you will always be wrapped in the love of your mother...what a wonderful feeling when YOU need it most. Have a blessed day my friend.