Saturday, January 15, 2011

OMG!!! Got It!!!!!

I don't think I can upload pictures to show everyone, since the magazine is copyrighted. :(...

YUP, out the mailbox, super slow, OH PLEASE, let it be there, and it was, AMAZING!!! I haven't gotten the complimentary issues yet, but at least one.....

So here's the scope, The way the product shoots works, is it takes I think they said 5-6 homes per issue to use for product. They don't travel more then about an hour from the office, so it can get challenging to find homes. ( I live about 20 minutes from their offices. Actually interviewed for a job there several years ago, no I did not get it) They can use any home, and bring props to get them the look they like.

Now, they love it when homes are decorated country/primitive/colonial so they don't need to bring so much.... It is fun to watch as they pull stuff from all over ones home to get the right look with the product that is being advertised....

So with that being said I hope you can figure out what might be mine and some of the stuff being advertised, well no offense some of the items would just never work in my home.....
So page 62 first shot, with Knuckle's our black lab in the shoot. He's famous! he has asked us to now address him as "SIR" LOL! So this is our front entry way, even though they talk about a mud room....Next is page 67, this is the new addition added on last year, the dinette with our harvest table made from reclaimed barn wood....pg.69 looking into one side of the kitchen.... OH my favorite shot, pg.71 our bedroom, oh the Family Heirloom Coverlet, MMM...must figure out how to get one, LOVE THIS!!! Must craft more! LOL.... Pictures in the shutter is the boys and from my girls trip each fall "Bags" though the flash washed most of them out. Now if my room could just like that all the time... Ya right, instead there is probably 30 magazines piled up by the night stand( love to look them over, and over before going to bed..) along with patterns, pencil and paper to draw new ideas... The craft mind even sleeps...LOL The baby shoes, are my boys and mine....Last shot our bathroom....Here I will say there are many things I am not crazy about, though there are many who like that look....So some one's home had to get it....So there you have it, those are the shots used in Country Sampler, thanks for taking that extra peek when you get your issue! Enjoy, now I am off to see the featured homes..... OLM

12 comments:

Jennifer @ Stitchin' Thyme said...

Congratulations - I can't wait to see it!!

Robyn~Primlish said...

Yeah!!! I looked through it and LOVE your home! Congrats!! Hey...I must live close to you cuz I'm about an hour, if that, from St. Charles where they are out of, right?

Sheila said...

I got mine today too! After dinner I'm gettin in my jammies, making a cup of tea and going to scope it all out! It's been a dreary day around here so it'll be a nice change to look at all the wonderful goodies and your home! How exciting for you.
~Sheila
http://seasonsofthyheart.blogspot.com

Farmhouse prims said...

Marie, I just about can't stand it. My CS hasn't came yet, and Monday is a holiday. I will keep my fingers crossed for tues. can't wait!!! This is so exciting!!! I am so happy for you, what a dream come true!!! And it couldn't happen to a nicer person!!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
My magazine came but I haven't had a chance to even open it and now I am not home. I will have to take your "tour" tomorrow. Thanks for letting us know what pages you are on.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Primsue said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Can't wait to get my copy.

Blessings,
Sue

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Glad you got it!! I loved seeing your home.
Blessings,
Lorna

Country Store At Your Door said...

Congrats to you! I am close to you - I am in huntly, and a very small world love Sandy's shop - I believe that you also know Donna frim Tailings in Shullsburg? The Prim world can be a small one sometimes :) I was in the past issue, page 58 and had the same excitement as you! I had the wood plates, basket and mantel runner - LOVE the sampler. Keep up the Great work that you do! Happy I stumbled upon your blog tonight :) Bobbie

renee said...

I have my issue, and was trying to figure out which home was yours for sure! LOL! They all are beautiful, but I did recall the baby shoes! Sometimes, it can get confusing!
How excited you must be though, I am tickled for you really! You have the notebooks in every room too?! LOL! I do that, I have to, otherwise I'd forget every idea that flys in my brain! Enjoy the day, and I hope you all get your copies, I was suprised to see mine, because the last issue was rather late.
Blessings

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

I got my copy and I am giddy to think that I know the gal whose home is in this month's issue! And everything looks fantastic! Lucky, lucky girl....... I love it!
★Linda★

~Madalynne~ said...

Congrats on the photo shoot! I haven't received my copy yet. Can't wait to check it out!

Green Creek Primitives said...

I just found your blog. I went right away and got my copy of country sampler and looked for your house pictures. I love your house. I have been doing primitives for about five years, can't get enough of it. Vicky