Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year and a New Look!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! What a year, an emtional roller coaster for me and my family this year. As I look ahead to this year and hope for better times. It feels selfish, so many of my fellow blogs are struggling with that evil cancer and even death in the New Year... I hope for everyone to find the peace they need..... The circle of life is not a fun one.

So as I look towards a year without mom, to except my new normal, hope that my fruit loop sister... well, I won't even go into that....LOL, EVERY family has one right?

OK, so I wanted a new look for my blog, I am NOT computer savy at all, so thanks to Amybug, here it is, I hope everyone likes. IF by chance you stopped by over the last 24 hours and watched as I made a mess of trying to do it myself... well again...LOL....

So for this new year I have both my son's graduating from College, WOW. So yes life goes on, we can jump back on or let it run right past us. I will jump on the bus, only hope it bares with me a bit? I want to find my groove again, TODAY for the first time since mom pasted away I pulled out the sewing machine and sewed for a little bit... I never saw myself as a person that would hit a brick wall with a death, I would pull myself up and go on. To say my mom's death tossed me in a tail spin is a understated, and for every one's kinds words and thoughts. I might not of emailed you a thank you, but they TRULY meant so much and helped!

Here's to a HAPPY NEW YEAR, no matter how it shakes out! OLM

13 comments:

Raspberry Lane Primitives said...

Wishes for a very happy,healthy and prosperous New Year, Marie! Did I see some yelloware in your pics? I'm hoping to find some soon!
patti

Trish-Ladybug said...

HAPPY NEW YEARS MARIE !!! and many blessings
as you look forward to the new year...
Love the "new" blog look..
Peace and Joy to you.....:-)
Hugs Trish....

Primsue said...

Love your new look. I hope this is a better year for you.

Blessings,
Sue

nancy huggins said...

Love the new look and I am planning to do the same..to my blog..my house..and maybe even to ME.
Wishing you many blessings in the New Year and you are right about a tailspin when we loose our parents. My Mom and Dad both died at the age of 67..my Dad on Mothers Day in 87 and my Mom in Oct of 87..I still miss them both and both of them would have been 90 in December of 2010...but life does go on and I am going to try real hard this year not to dwell on the past any more..will keep the memories and let the rest go.
I am looking forward to making a lot of quilts this year for next Christmas but will be making up a few things first for Valentines Day and Easter..Can work on the quilts in between :)
I love your header :)

Misi said...

Love ya Marie & your new layout. Wishing you & your family the very best New Year!
XO Misi

THE PRIMITIVE OSWALD said...

My Dear, sewing can be a God sent. It gave me a outlet when my Daddy passed. My favorite thing to do was dedicate some dolls to him and adding some of the things I found in his old tool boxes to my dolls. Ya never know, it might help you too. Hugs and Prayers, Barb

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

You have been such a good, good friend to me, Marie. I thank you so much for your support and kind words. I know I have to pull myself together and get going with life. Love your new look. Love your attitude. Love your dolls!
*Linda*

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
Love the comment about the fruit loop sister. I have a brother and the words I'd use to describe him are not fit for blogland!
May you find peace in 2011 surrounded by family, friends and all your blog buddies :)
Congrats on 100 followers. That's a real milestone!!!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

I here you too Marie! Here's to a peace filled and heart healing year for all of us!! God Bless my friend!!~hugs~

renee said...

I never noticed it wasn't fine before! LOL! I am not a techy kinda gal either! LOL!
I hope this year brings you a newfound purpose. It is hard to see so many going through trials in life,we just have to stay on course, and keep our trust in the Lord.
Many blessings to you.

cottageprims said...

Wishing you find your inner peace in the coming year.I know from experiance it's hard.Warm wishes for joy and a blessed New Year!~Amy

Orange Sink said...

Hi Marie,
I'm so glad to have connected with you here in the Land of Blogs! There are so many here that are in the healing process of losing a loved one.
With all it's many stages it takes time. You are blessed to have your love of sewing and creating to help the heart mend and keep the mind occupied. I've found a peace and strength in blogging too this past year. My friends here are worth more than gold!

My wish for you and all of us is to find strength, healing, purpose, and love to make this next year blessed and fruitful.
All the Best.
Cathy G

PrimWyoGirl said...

Hi Marie! I have thought of you often since your email and have hoped that you have made it though the holiday okay... I think the holidays are the hardest for me. I am glad you got to sewing again. If it is something you enjoy it will help you heal! My thoughts are still with you and I pray you will get through!
Happy New Year!
Jayne