Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's Tuesday, display chain day... Closet Obessions....

MMM....closet obsession's. I think everything I do or have is a obsession. I feel like a dog with a bone, looking at everything prim, great ideas, decorating, creating prims.... So I kept thinking...what stands out at the moment????

First simple yet silly, I am a magazine whore! LOL!! I can't get enough of them. Especially if they are prim magazines, and those are so few and far between. I have become so disappointed in Country Living, it use to be good, now, what is that? Surely not country or prim, at least to me.... So I keep my favorites and there are many. I like to look at them over and over again before I go to bed....

So here is a stash in the front room under the farm table..... Though there is the pile next to my bed, at little neater at the moment.... and there are many more piles that I have not shown. Yes, a obsession! LOL
OH, and then there is this obsession. This is a expensive one to have! YIKES! If the hubby only knew! I can't get enough of Family Heirloom Weavers... Table squares, throws, pillows, curtain, blankets..... Oh what have I started...
I must say at least I use them all. I am not afraid to leave them on the table, have food spill, wash them up. They do wash up great. If you are going to have a obsession like this one, They need to be used, RIGHT?!


My stack of table squares just waiting to be changed out..... New patterns coming out soon... OH NO!!!

YIKES, yes that is 3 blankets for the bed. The red grid is my first and my least favorite. Though Knuckles does like to sleep in our bed and I am not afraid to for him to be on them, again they wash up great! LOL.....
OK, if you have the gotten the new Country Sampler, OH I hate to admit this.... did you see that coverlet used on my bed, page 70??? YUP, have to have it, no sooner they put that on my bed I was on the phone to Sandy at Poppy Seeds, I NEED this!!! Please order... (please keep in mind this was 4 days after mom's funeral, retail therapy was just starting?) So that one is on hold at the shop, I need to sell few more crafts before I can bring that one home.....



Yup, chair pad on the rocking chair.....


Blanket in the front room.....


Yup, hanging in the gathering room.....




And the curtains in the gathering room too.... This doesn't include the tobacco cloth curtains in our room or the bathroom.... Oh if hubby truly added this up, I would be DEAD! LOL.... Obsessed might be a weak word, a disease is more like it! LOL

And then....the new thing I fancy... I just have one....old glass candy holders from the 40-50's, this one still has the candy it in......
Thanks for peeking, I was a little late putting this one up. I was at the Orthopaedic Doc today for my back.... I am on a anti-inflamatory med for couple of weeks & physical therapy to start... No relief in a couple of weeks, I get shots.... Bulging disc and a herniated disc... I did this one good! Have a great day! OLM








12 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Well, first so glad you ordered the coverlet for your bed! Your bed looked beautiful in the magazine& I love how they left the pictures hanging on your headboard!
Gotta love Weaver's yes, new one's coming out!!!Yeah!!!
The magazines, I agree with you on "country living" not prim & not country( they need to change the name!)
Love the post!
Hope you get better,
Teresa

Audrey said...

well you have really good taste!! I spy my favorite magazine in front!!! The new one will be out soon....I too love Heirloom weavers. wonderfully made.I have seen the Look a like but oh it doesn't even begin to compare!!!
Hope you sell alot of crafts so you can pick up your newest sooner rather than later.

Beckyjean said...

I just love that coverlet on your bed. Glad you ordered it for yourself. My hubby would have a fit if I ordered one. I have a few small pieces by them. I guess I'll just have to dream a little.

Have a wonderful week~Becky

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

love your obsession..I know I have asked this once before..but your blog is really hard to read..the letters are super small and I find I don't stay here long..

Green Creek Primitives said...

Well I love magazines also, can't get enough of them. They are stacked everwhere. I don't know what country living is thinking, I guess modern country. I am so glad the new primitive magazines have come out. Oh yes, wanted to tell you your blog makes me smile. Vicky

Misi said...

For obsessions you picked some goodies!..yes what is it with C.L mag?..There is nothing to it these days!??. Your FHW textiles are a great prim accent through out your beautiful home Marie..Nostalgic candy holders...now that's something i need to look into... I adore a pretty bowl full of candy..the colors..and the sweets make for cozy to me... i must look these up!..Thanks so much for sharing along Marie... you are so much fun!
{{HUGS}}

Rugs and Pugs said...

Country Living sure isn't what it used to be, and I've been saying it for YEARS, but I am still subscribing, afraid I will miss something good ~ but it hasn't happened yet...lol!
I, too, love magazine. It's hard to keep up with them all!
Hugs :)
Lauren

renee said...

I think your obsessions are good ones! I like to save most all my magazines too. I quit getting CL years ago, they quit doing country, I just can't get into it anymore.
I am still on the fence with the Weavers~ I have seen their items, they are lovely, I just wish they weren't so costly. Maybe someday~ it's not a need, it's a want. You have some lovely ones though. Thanks for sharing.
Have a great evening.
Renee

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

Marie--I love the heirloom blankets and fabrics! I am going to check out Heirloom Weavers.
I also save magazines. They sell them by the bundle at our library. 2 years worth of Country Woman for $1. Any magazines they keep in the library. You can go in and read them but you can't check them out. Then every couple years, they bundle them up and sell them. You can get some pretty good stuff.
*Linda*

Grammee Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

You have 2 wonderful obsessions! I used to have a ton of magazines too but gave a lot away to a gal on chemotherapy who had no money for them.

Love familyheirloom too! I remember when everything they made was wool or the cost was prohibitive for most of us. Itnis great they are making more affordable lines now!

I hope you get relief for your back!! HUGS!!

Raspberry Lane Primitives said...

awesome prims!! just bought the country sampler and couldn't find your pages...now I'm goin' to pg 70...love, love, love those coverlets!! Good luck with the back...When I had my steroid injections in my neck I swore in front of the Dr (hey I was scared and it hurt...dont judge me...lol)...he just laughed but my mother was mortified!! :)Patti

Primsue said...

Great obsessions! I love Prim decorating magazines too. And all of your textiles are wonderful. So glad you ordered the coverlet pictured in CS - it looked beautiful on your bed.

Blessings,
Sue