Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I hate this part......

Since I am not moving that fast, clean up is taking more time this year! UGH! I am having a MRI tomorrow, finally, I know... though my appt. with the orthopedic doc isn't until the 25Th. So my Chiropractor ordered the MRI so at least I will know what is going on with this damn back...

But,the tree is down, I usually don't take it down until this weekend, but I needed things to go back to "normal"... Why is it you can get more help putting things up, yet no one seems to be around to help with the take down? LOL... Oh well, by Friday I will have it put away, except for a few snowman I leave out for a bit yet. This time of year is so hard, one goes from decorating for fall right to Christmas, now everything seems ICKY, PLAIN, BORING...MMM should I go shopping? Hubby will say ABSOLUTELY NOT! LOL.....

So here is the mess as I start the clean up in the front room... Maybe what I really need is a maid? Hubby will say not getting that either... have less "stuff"... Though I feel he with the most stuff wins!!! I just want to be in the top 10? LOL... Everyone talks about simplifying, I just can't bring myself to do it, love everything too much... Well, until I have a mess like this! Here is a couple of pictures of the mantel for the "faux" fireplace in the gathering room... Hubby mounted it to the wall and I started playing a bit yesterday....


Still needs a little something... Just don't know what yet... I know if I wait, I will find something around here that will be prefect, without buying anything, that should make hubby very happy!
Side note, the milk can on the left was hubby has a child. He doesn't remember it, but they grew up on a farm in Albany, WI until hubby was about 6-7.. This was used to go get milk from the neighboring farm each day according to his brother. His brother found it in their dad's basement after he past away and gave it to me...


Played around with the pie safe in the front room. Changed it up from before a bit... Sorry kind a took the picture on a angle... I guess that is just the way my brain wants to work these days! LOL So I have a "thing" for bread boards, and restaurant ware... Love collecting little creamers that use to go on the tables... They are cheap and small....some were made from ironstone, a bonus! So I added a little white to off set all the dark browns....

OK, now that I have gotten nothing done... I really need to craft... Promised the shop I would bring a few things in on Friday...Need to get my butt in gear, so that means the mess will wait! LOL! Have a great day! OLM

10 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

The fireplace Mantel looking very good!
Love the Milk Can!
enjoy the day, good luck with the MRI
Teresa

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh I couldn't put my stuff away faster if I tried..the day after gone and back up in the garage...I love the simplicity of my home again..truly...we have a small house and it just feels cluttered..I do enjoy my decorations..but I do so enjoy the simplicity too..I love the mantel..and had a neat idea for the inside..why not put a piece of charcoal colored fabric tucked in there and stitch on a fire burning in there..make like a huge penny rug of sorts..all with felt and done up prim like..it would look awesome..:)

Loafer Mountain Primitives said...

Lovin' the pie safe!
Looks good..
Hope all's well with your back. I've had back troubles in the past, I guess I've learned my limits well as I've not had much trouble lately.
Keep us posted,
Tisha

cottageprims said...

I love the butterchurn.I had one like that and sold it over the summer now seeing yours I miss it.Ahhh that's the problem with simplifying.LoL Sweetie I hope you get some relief soon.When your in pain it's just miserable.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Farmhouse prims said...

I love your mantel, you sure have a way of making everything look prim and cozy. Love your decorating. Sure hope your back feels better soon!!! Hugs, Lecia

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

I love little creamers/pitchers, too!
Sorry to say, I am one of those 'simplify' gals. I keep trying anyway. My problem is that every time I get rid of a few things, I just buy more! lol
Hoping you get relief from back problems.
★Linda★

Rugs and Pugs said...

I feel your pain ~ not your back pain and for that I am thankful ~ but the pain of undecorating. I keep hearing simplyify , too, but it's not in my future :)
Love the mantle!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

renee said...

I LOVE your mantle! I am trying to simplify as well, I too like my stuff, but just trying to weed some things out.
You are ahead of me, I haven't put anything away yet!
I hope you will get some much needed relief soon, and everything else will fall into place!
Maybe grab you some nice florals for a pop of color.
Do you have any Valentine things you can mix in there?
I have enjoyed visiting your blog, and get much inspiration from so many ladies.
Have a good week.
Blessings,
Renee

Michelle said...

Hi,
This year I promised I was going to dwindle down more of my Christmas decor and donate a bunch of it. Needless to say, I was lazy and didn't maybe next year.
xoxo

Robin said...

Good luck with "simple". LOL....I can't do it either, like you I love my "stuff". Love your pie safe. Have a blessed day my friend.