Tuesday, December 28, 2010

So Put a Fork in it...LOL

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas. I always find this time a little sad, all the running and preparing and it's over in a flash. I did find myself dreading it in the week leading up to the holiday...even a little B**XX one might say.... I have said it before mom was a such a force and she was missed, but it truly wasn't as bad as I made it out to be and everyone had a good time... I know ( won't get into the family issues..LOL) she was laughing at me... had a surprise... LOL... I might of even called her a B**xx for leaving me with this mess! Yes a good time was had by all...
So I thought I would share a pictures, first our niece and Goddaughter Joey, is a pistol! A little spit fire!! oh the stories, mom loved them... she finds mischief everyday! Our nephew Tyler showing off his new hoody we got him..and did I take pictures of all the kids??? they were too fast & I missed them... OOPS.... without realizing it all the older kids received a jacket, a theme, without the planning...LOL I only purchased toys for the twins this year....
Oh yes, Knuckles getting his Christmas gift from the B.F.H.... Jeff, a foot long, a very spoiled dog. He goes crazy if he even thinks Jeff is coming over!


All the kids gathering in the gathering room.... what a bunch!!! Mom's grand kids go from 2 - 22! Oh yes a few friends in the mix as well.... I only wish I would of remembered to take a picture of all men shooting the shit in the Kitchen...

Joey with her baby doll.... this is what it's all about....


oh yes William, her twin brother.... loves all trucks and trains... Auntie might of made sure this one makes noise and is REALLY big!!! Must love pay backs!!!! Since I was the first to have kids, oh the noisy things everyone would buy....yes paybacks are a B***xxx!!!!


Alex Christmas morning... looking healthy after his meningitis scare... VERY surprised with his TV... Now we usually don't spend this much on the boys... but we walked in a GREAT deal, to good to pass up.... Only it means Steven gets something big as well... OUCH!


So Steven got 2 presents to Alex's one... I am a pain about things being fair...


Oh, Yes, Hubby, such a WONDERFUL MAN!!! I am SOOOO blessed... took me to get this prim old mantel to put in the gathering room, a early birthday present. Can't have a fireplace, I will create a Fake looking one... Just need to briwax it.. Will hang black fabric in the opening and decorate it for each season, of course! That back wall needed a little something, something....


So, yes it was a wonderful holiday, life goes on. We all go through it at some point, I don't know if time heals, but it just becomes a new normal. You can either let it swallow you up or go on... The best tribute is to go on and lead a good life! I am hoping for a better 2011 though! Make it a great day! OLM

13 comments:

Grammee Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

"The best tribute is to go on and lead a good life" is so true! I truly believe that our loved ones want us to move forward as if they were still here - while honoring the life they lead.

Wishing you all good things in 2011!! HUGS!!

renee said...

I am so glad you had a nice holiday. Life doesn't stop that's for sure, I am sure she would want you to keep forging on.
Isn't it funny how as we age, we do tend to become more like our parents? Some ways good, some ways not so good, but it sounds like a good time was had by all.
Your new mantle is lovely! I like the sign too.
Have a Happy New Year!
Renee

Rugs and Pugs said...

In spite of missing Mom, it looks like you had a great Christmas!
LOVE the new mantle.
Happy New Year :)
Lauren

Brenda said...

You are gonna be fine girl!! You will always have those rough times but just remember the good memories! She wants you to go on and live your life!
Brenda

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Oh, I agree with Brenda!
You are gonna be fine!!

Wonderful pics! Pretty mantel!
Wishing you a very Happy New Year!
Teresa

nancy huggins said...

You are right..Life does go on..We are not close enough now for all the kids to come home and as soon as the gifts are open I am saddened,,I work all year towards Christmas and the tree and decorations are all packed up on 26th,,when it's over it's over..I am now a follower of your blog and will have a link to you on my side bar...come visit me when ever you can..I will be putting a new post in my blog in the next few days:)

nancy huggins said...

Where do you live in IL? I am in central IL near Shelbyville,,,you can email me through my blog and let me know if you would like :) Now I have met 3 bloggers in IL..just none very close :)

Raspberry Lane Primitives said...

Wow Marie: You have a house full...Looks like everyone had a great time! I love your new firplace mantel...where did your hubby get it...cuz I need to find one for my propane fireplace. I was going to build one but don't have that much time on my hands. Hopefully I can get an antique one..saw one last winter but it was way expensive (in an antique shoppe in Buffalo).
Take care,
patti

Farmhouse prims said...

I am so glad that you had a nice Christmas!!! I thought about you!!!! You have an awesome family, I am so glad your husband spoils you, you deserve it!!!! I love your mantel!!!!

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas!! I love the mantel!!
Blessings,
Lorna

Beckyjean said...

Sounds like you had a very nice Christmas. Love your new mantel~wish I could find room for one in my home. Have a wonderful New Year!!

Hugs~Becky

Robin said...

It looks like yo had a wonderful Christmas...all those sweet little faces...too cute. Wonderful pics. HAPPY NEW YEAR my friend!
P.S. Love that mantel!!

Michelle said...

Wishing you a wonderful 2011! Peace, Love, Health and Happiness for the New Year!
xoxo