Thursday, December 23, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Well... The Holiday's are here ready or not! I wish for everyone a most wonderful Merry Christmas!!!

These last few days have flown by. Things were a little stressful around here again, I call it the icing on the cake... I can laugh now, but Our oldest son Alex came home from college last Friday and promptly became sick.... A meningitis scare... HOLY YIKES!!! Thankfully they ruled that out yesterday and today he is feeling so much better...

So as we prepare for our first Christmas without mom, there are so many things to be THANKFUL for... First our health! Alex is on the mend, all is good. We have a roof over a heads, some presants under the tree and will have yummy food to eat. Sauce is cooking now for homemade lasagna tomorrow... If I am careful I am moving around slowly, but moving around!

So my nephews, brother and his family, hopefully my dad (he doesn't like to go out....UGH),with some friends will gather for dinner tomorrow and have some Holiday Cheer!

I looked for a few younger pictures of the boys at Christmas to share. I couldn't find what I was looking for, or they weren't right for blogging... LOL... my boys are goof balls.... What I did find was a picture of mom 2 years ago, just before her diagnose, so long ago, yet just yesterday...I tell you she is yelling at me posting this picture...LOL... Calling me a B...... she never liked her picture take, especially since she was heavier.... Sorry mom... Here she is looking at her gift. It was pictures I took for her of all the grand kids together.... I just can't get over how much more healthy she looked here.... So I felted the need to share...

So for everyone, have a wonderful Christmas, and here is hoping for wonderful 2011!!! OLM

11 comments:

cottageprims said...

Hang in there sweetie! Merry Christmas and enjoy your time spent with loved ones!Warm Blessings!~Amy

Kattywhompus Primitives said...

Wishing you a JOY-FILLED Christmas with family & friends. So glad to hear that the scare came to naught and that your son is on the mend. Thanks for sharing about your Mom...it made me laugh/cry. Let's just say I can relate. :) Blessings to you!
Rhonda

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Merry Christmas..and your mom is probably swearing at you right now.;)

renee said...

I hope you will all be feeling better soon, and please have a blessed time with your family.

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

so happy to hear the smile in your voice.
and really happy to hear your son is on the mend.
I'll bet Mom is really happy you are sharing her photo and the grandkids are loving that there is a picture of this sweet lady that they can see whenever they want.
many blessings to you this holiday and in the year to come!
*Linda*

Trish-Ladybug said...

So happy to see your Christmas post Marie:_)
and you all are on the mend,Yes I bet Mom
is yelling those words...thanks for sharing...
hope you and your family,have a "Blessed"
season filled with Joy, Love, Peace,

Merry Christmas ....
hugs
Trish...

Rugs and Pugs said...

Even though your Mom may be calling you a "B", she is smiling down on you!
So glad to hear your son is on the mend.
Merry Christmas!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Vicki said...

I am sure your mom is smiling down at you....Glad your son is feeling better also...
Merry Christmas!

Raspberry Lane Primitives said...

Hi Marie: Glad to hear that your son is getting better. Nice to see your Momma! Have a wonderful holiday and know that she is with you! Hope your back will be getting better soon. Have you tried a TENS unit yet?
patti

Farmhouse prims said...

Marie, I am so glad that your son is doing better and that your back is improving.
Your mom really liked her gift, I can tell it was a special picture. Such an awesome memory.
I know she is looking at you with a smile on her face. I am thankful that you are my prim friend!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

Robin said...

Hi Marie....Merry Christmas. Have a wonderful time with your family and enjoy the lasagna. We're having hamburgers and mac and cheese for Christmas dinner...Justin's choice. Blessings to you and your family....millstonemercantile