Sunday, December 5, 2010

Finally finishing some decorating...

Well things are settling down and I am trying to find my "new" normal... It is amazing that just 2 short weeks ago the house was in pretty good shape because of the Country Sampler shoot. NOW... what a mess! My back is still very anger at me. I screwed it up good, AGAIN! If this keeps up, I'm probably looking at MRI... know there is a disc screwed up again, just don't know to what extent. OH lucky me! LOL.....

So on Friday went out with a few of my prims GF'S. Had a fun day, even got inspired to finish the Christmas decorating that was started. I did decide I was going to do everything, no real tree in the gathering room as we planned. Between mom and my back, I am just not up to it and everything is such a mess.... though I as triy to clean up and put a last few things in place, more is done then I realized... Just not the "WOW" I wanted.... good enough, no one else will know.....

So while out shopping I got a great prim divided chubby. re-arranged the counter to put it on there... Love it... though I forgot to give it the "sniff" test, so it's a little "stinky". Don't buy anything with smell, so hard to get out. So I am hoping I can get this out. Love it on the counter... The GF'S said I can only use mom as my need for retail therapy for another week. Hubby says, PLEASE NO MORE! LOL... Chubby a great deal at $30... Also got the jar that I put the battery operated candle in little snowballs in, on the right... Great old jar, only $10 another great deal! It really was a fun day. I needed it! Close up of the olde jar... Love old jars!!!
Changed out the dough bowl, added some lights & vintage ornies & Christmas swag....

Was going to put this tree away, then decided 2day to make is another prim snowman tree, simple, no lights...

oops... must learn how to delete off pictures when I screw up... uploaded same one twice...


snowman in the kitchen.. they will stay until February....


Small tree on top of the pie safe in the kitchen....



All my vintage goodies the SIS "THE QUEEN" gave me a couple of years ago.... love them!!!



Our main tree is not prim...mom started me collecting Hallmark ornies when I was about 16. So I have many Hallmark ornies, some prim, all the ones the boys made. So a fun mix of ornies!!!

My silver tree with some vintage plastic ornies, didn't use them all, just a few....



So as I look around, really I did get a lot done, slowly! Kind a scary to think how much I did not get to. At some point, it probably will get to be to much with my back. More for the boys, hopefully! I will share more as I clean more up! Have a great Sunday! OLM

5 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your decorating looks wonderful. Great finds. The cubby is perfect for your counter.
My main tree is not really prim either. I, too, have lots of Hallmark and my most cherished ornaments are the ones my boys made in pre-school. Just too special not to put up year after year.
I was going to finish all my decorating this weekend except for the big tree. That didn't happen and here I sit reading blogs. I'd get so much more done if I'd ignore this darned computer, but it is always calling my name...lol!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Michelle said...

Hi, Your decorating looks lovely. Glad you were able to have a little retail therapy with your friends.
xoxo

Farmhouse prims said...

I am sorry about your back Marie, once I picke up a basket of clothes and was in bed for a week, it doen'st take much sometimes.
I am so glad you had a nice time with your GF. I love your goodies and new items. Your decorating and displays are awesome!!! Thinking of you!!!!

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Hi, everything looks wonderful!! So many wonderful prims!! I bought a cabinet that was a little smelly, left it in the barn in the heat thinking it would help, not. Hubby blew all the dust out with the compressor and it helped some. I am going to paint and seal it and hope it helps. It was originally painted anyway so no loss there. If you figure how to get the smell out please post and let us know.8-)
Sorry about your back, what a time to have back issues.8-( Take care of yourself and hope it gets better soon!!
Blessings,
Lorna

cottageprims said...

Wow you did get alot done.Oh what we accomplish sometimes without thinking.LoL.It all looks nice.We can't be perfect all the time and with everything you've had on you plate I'd say you are way ahead of the game.Glad you got some girlfriend time in and your goodies a great.Warm Blessings!~Amy