Sunday, December 19, 2010

Busy, BUSY, where is the time going......

This time next week, Christmas is over? Is that possible? Time moves so fast, then sometimes so slow....For me this Holiday has been a emotional roller coaster, toss in a back with a screwed up disc again, and there is just not enough time to get everything done! Oh well, it is what it is this year.... So that being said I have a bunch of things I have been wanting to share, but with my back and running every couple of days to the chiropractor, I am not getting anything done. I love to bake, not happening this year, no presents wrapped yet, I NEED another week and a healthy back to get this all done! LOL, probably not happening.... I will make do....

So first I have a couple of long over do thank you and I want to share, First Lecia from Farmhouse prims sent me a little pick me up after mom passed. Love her bonnets, she does a wonderful job! I hung it on my pitch fork in the kitchen for now, after the holidays I will find a better home for it....Thank you Lecia! Trish from ladybug primitives has sent me some beautiful cards and these 3 adorable snowman ornies. Her own design honoring breast cancer survivors. Thank you Trish!!! I have been very blessed and overwhelmed by every one's thoughtfulness during this difficult adjustment since mom's passing, again, all I can say is THANK YOU!!!
Then a little while back I ordered 2 custom banners from the crackling crows primitives. I have admired the banners for quite some time, finally ordered 2, Ivonne, LOVE THEM!!! Look how they come packaged....almost didn't want to open them up.....

Took me awhile to get them up, YUP that stupid back thing.... They really aren't in the best spots, but I wasn't up to playing too much... So here is my LET IT SNOW banner over my patio door.....


Then FROSTY in the Gathering Room. I will probably move this once once the tree comes down in the front room and put him there through January....



Then, last Sunday, I hosted my annual ornament exchange. Love doing this, always a good time with friends before the Holidays get TOO crazy... WELL... this year weather was not in our favor. Five where not able to make it, roads too bad, those close were able to come, I still had 9 GF's for the afternoon... Lucky the back held up until the very end, then it showed it was pissed at me! LOL... So here is poor Denise, we play the steal game, she had her ornie stolen "6" times! LOL... now everyone gets a ornament. Just don't bound with it, it might get stolen, then you have to pick another...! LOL...

Nadine and Angelique Looking at her ornie.... I should say every year I come up with a "theme", this year's was "gingerbread"...notice I did not say "man".. so it is open to interruption...

Teri, on the prowl... she is going to steal.....no ornie is save now! LOL


A quick picture of most the ornaments after we were all done playing and everyone had a new ornament for their tree!


Teri brought me a Charlie Brown Tree as a hostess gift, LOVE IT!!! I am a huge charlie brown fan, still watch him every time he's on the TV and make the boys watch too!!!


So now since there was already so many pictures...LOL... thought I would share a few of the decorations... Nothing over the top this year, just wasn't feeling it.....







Mom's baby doll, I brought her home last week. Mom always said I could have her, just never took her, I still need to find her a good spot!

yup, missing a leg...LOL
here is a few close ups of our many tree, not prim at all... I decided this year not to put the angel on top in honor of mom... I saw on FB a quote, goes something like this... I don't need a angel on my tree I already have one up in Heaven looking down on me... So when hubby & I were first married mom & dad brought us our angel, so for this year, no angel, mine is in Heaven....









So these Willie Rays also came from Mom, many years ago, if you made the mistake of telling mom you were going to collect something new, well, you could blink and you had your collection! LOL... I got all 3 of these one Christmas many years ago, still my favorite Willie's....
oops, didn't I already post this one... After this many who can keep track? Surely I can't..

GEEZ, how pictures did I up load???LOL... I guess I should of told you to get a glass of wine before you started this one?

My snowman tree, I have talked about this before, this one stays up through February...

This doesn't show up to well, LED battery operated snowflake lights, prefect for a crock....

OK, so there you have it, FINALLY! Have a wonderful Christmas & holiday season, hug your mom, I didn't do it enough... OLM

14 comments:

Sheila said...

Very, very nice! Love all the pics and the ornament swap looked like everyone was having fun!
Hope your back is feeling better soon-nothing worse!
Happy Holidays~
Sheila
http://seasonsofthyheart.blogspot.com

Carol said...

Aww, OLM... you'll make it. You know your mom would want you to. Everything looks nice and festive and just enough decorating too. My decorating is always minimal and simple. Oh and I love Ivonne's banners:)
You hang in there and get yourself better mentally and physically gal.
Holiday Hugs~Carol

Raspberry Lane Primitives said...

Hi Marie: Looks like you ladies had so much fun. Love all your prims and Christmas decor!! Especially the snowman tree. Sorry to hear about your back. Have you seen a neurologist yet? I waited 9 months when I had a ruptured cervical disc and nerve impingement...had a laminectomy and was cured! Just can't lift very heavy things or my neck starts to hurt.
Good luck to you! Have a Merry Christmas.
patti

Trish-Ladybug said...

Hi Marie... So are so welcome glad you enjoy
the little snowfolks.. Love all your Photos
and the Ornament exchange.. And Yes Lecia
does make awesome Prim Bonnets...Hope you
are feeling better soon !!
Thoughts /Prayers :-)
Hugs
Trish-Ladybug

Farmhouse prims said...

Marie, I am so glad you like your bonnet. Enjoy!!! I love your snowmen from Trish and banners. I love your Christmas decorating and you mother's doll. The ornament exchange sounded like so much fun. I know your mom is looking down from heaven with a big smile on her face. Bunches of hugs to you!!! Lecia

cottageprims said...

Sweetie~ For having a bad back it looks like wonder woman got your house all decorated.LoL it all looks great.The girlfriend gathering looks so fun.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Your house looks wonderful!! The ornie swap looked like so much fun, what a wonderful thing to do each year. I hope your back calms down so you can have a wonderful holiday with your loved ones.
Merry Christmas!!
Lorna

renee said...

Good morning Marie!
I think your home looks beautiful! I am sure your Mom is smiling now! I am sorry you are having back trouble, and I hope you will feel better soon.
I love all your tin graters! I have a small collection of them, I have always liked them.
I hope that you will have a Merry Christmas, I know it's bittersweet for you all. I also have enjoyed visiting your blog, and wish you many blessings in the new year!
God bless,
Renee

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Loved the idea of a ornament exchange...and love the charlie brown tree..i watch it every year..I would love one of those trees..it looks just like it..I make an embroidered pillow that says its a charlie brown christmas.:) I hope your back gets to feeling better very soon.;)

Primsue said...

Your ornament exchange sounds like a lot of fun - so glad you were able to do it. Hope your back is better. Keeping you in my prayers.

Christmas Blessings,
Sue

Grammee Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I am so sorry your back is not doing well. At this time of year we need all the get up and go we can get!

What a fun idea - an ornament exchange! I need to remember that for next year!

Thanks for the reminder to hug our moms - I haven't hugged mine in a week!

I know it won't be the same but I wish you the best Chrsitmas you can have while remembering all the great ones with mom! HUGS!

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

I so enjoyed your post today - and I love the ornament game...we're doing that on Wednesday at our house with our cousins - should be a great time.

I can so relate to the disc thing happening...unfortunately mine aren't helped with a Chirop. - I need shots and just started the fist of 3 on Friday...so I understand the 'no mood' to do anything let alone feeling good enough to do it in the first place.

HAVE A WONDERFUL MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Karen

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
Great post. Thanks for all the pictures.
My you find peace this Christmas season knowing a sprecial angel is smiling down on you.
Merry Christmas :)
Lauren

Robin said...

Hi Marie, love the decorations and the ornie swap is cool. I too do not put an angel on the tree, like you mine is in heaven. Merry Christmas my friend....millstonemercantile